Baby Books

cotejb

I know my child is not even here yet but I want her to have a love for reading like I do so I plan to start reading to her as soon as she's here and have a ton of books for her to play with and eventually learn to read. Are there places other than ebay that I can get good deals on Children's books?

My favorite site is www.sortfloorbooks.com

Their prices are fantastic, if you don't mind a remainder mark. Also, some have a line thru the UPC...you can buy them in GOOD or NEW condition. The usually do free media mail shipping if you spend $14.99 or more.

Hope this helps :)

I have picked up a lot of great books at Goodwill. I've found books that look brand new. Especially the board books. I've found almost all the Dr Suess and Sandra Boynton books there. And they were something like 2-3 books for a buck. I can't remember the exact price on their kids books, but it was a really great deal. Also agree the library book sale is good as well as yard sales. You really can find some real gems if you look.

Scholastic Warehouse Sales. They really don't care who you are, just goggle them and see if there is a sale near you. Get on the email list for future notices....and don't forget to do the online fastpass, it will save you time at the sale and you get a coupon, too.

I wouldn't take the baby with you--it's an actual warehouse here, dusty and it can be cold.

So when I enter my zip code I get an affiliate (but the funny thing I live in CT and the affiliate I get is from MA. This state is the next one over and is only like 25 min. drive from here though so does that means my town qualifies for this program?? Because when I enter a different zip code (also a town in CT) it says - sorry there's no affiliate and the program is not available or something to that effect..

Hope someone else can clarify this for me or share their experience with this..

Nothing in my area...

Sign up for Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. Your child will get one book a month free until their 5th birthday. We signed up at our local library but I am guessing you can do it online somewhere.

Can I enroll my child or grandchild?

Yes you can register your child or grandchild online! Follow these steps:

1. Go to www.imaginationlibrary.com

2. Choose your country and settings

3. Then choose “First Time Users”

4. Then choose " I Want to enroll my child"

Below that, click the grey rock that says "GO"

4. Accept the terms and follows the on screen steps

I just did it for dd3 (very easy) and it said something about reviewing my information and they will get back to me, so we'll see. If it works I will enroll ds1 as well (since I had to choose gender so hopefully books will be diff. and geared towards gender..)

***Sure hope they keep their databases save though.. I always hate putting my kids info anywhere...

Target discounts some of their books just like it does everything else. So they 1st go to 30%, then 50% and eventually make it to 75%. They just did a round of discounts last Thu. (most stores, though I did see one of my Targets still had them at 50% so this Thu. will be the day they get discounted to 75%) going to 75% but it did appear that a lot of the books on clearance were sticker books and musical books and such. I picked up Barbie with papper dolls and papper clothes, Barbie stickers book, Dr. Seuss stickers book, Musical TinkerBell, Musicall Wall-E and Lion King (for tag like system we have) for $2 a piece.. You would have to follow the Target perimeter perusing thread to find out about these clearance sales but if you already shop at Target I would suggest you keep an eye on that area (they often move these clearance books to the end of an isle in the book section and/or electronics section as well as leave a lot of them in the regular isle.)

Here is a site I have bought from for 9 years. Built my granddaughter her own library.

Have started one for my grandson now.

http://www.bookcloseouts.com/default.asp?N=0

Here is another site I have made purchases from;

http://www.christianbook.com/bargains

Oh, and also;

http://www.booksamillion.com/

I was at Dollar Store last week and picked up a couple of the padded, thick page, plastic books about Winnie the Pooh. They are the kind that can get wet and you can wipe them clean.

Target carries books in their Dollar Spot and each holiday season had a board book for $1. These are by the regular books on the holiday display. I bought Velveteen Rabbit at Chrismas and just picked up a bunny and duck book for my grandson's Easter basket.

I read to my daughter the day I brought her home from the hospital, we have read to my granddaughter since she arrived and they both love to read. We are now doing the same with my grandson, 5 months old, and he loves to listen to the words.

It is wonderful you are giving your child the gift of books.

My favorite site is www.sortfloorbooks.com

Their prices are fantastic, if you don't mind a remainder mark. Also, some have a line thru the UPC...you can buy them in GOOD or NEW condition. The usually do free media mail shipping if you spend $14.99 or more.

Hope this helps :)

Thank you SO much for this site!! I work in the early childhood field and as a result am very picky about buying high-quality books for my daughter, but they're so expensive. I couldn't believe all of the great books I got on here for her and with the free shipping and 10% off they were having this was such a good deal!

Do you have "Half Price Books" store in your area? We have those here and that place rocks! I've bought so many books for my kid from there (she's 2yrs old). I particularly like their clearance section. I've found lots of new or almost new books there clearanced out to 99c/50c.