Children's Place...

suzy3333

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I was wondering if anybody has the new February Children's Place Birthday coupon? I just had a new baby (girl) 3 weeks ago and would love to get her some more things while their clearance is still going on. I would appreciate any help. I could even get my 16 month old, 14 year old and 11 year old (all boys) some more things. :)

Are you going in the store? If so, you can just ask for the birthday coupon from them. Works like a charm every time. I always tell them that my printer isn't working and so I can't print it off. They always give me the discount. I used it yesturday and today with no problems (but have also done it in the past). Just FYI: my chilren's place marked all 5 and up prices down to 5.99 no matter what it was as long as it was clearance, and all the 4 and down at 4.99. I got my Daughter 6 pairs of pants, 2 coats, tons of really cute sweaters and tops all at 5.99 a piece. I think this sale just started yesturday though because the place was packed yesturday with clearance, then I went back today and there wasn't a whole lot left.

The birthday coupon for Feb is out there now if you search for it. I have it but can't seem to attach it or the link. Sorry!

Okay here is the link. I hope this works, if not just google for it.

http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EmailJump?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&jumpId=FebBCC&cm_ven=Emails&cm_cat=010108&cm_pla=FebBClub&cm_ite=ImageIssue&CodeId=CLUBE6DQH629

Just a fyi, the reason that The Children's Place was being accomodating to customers was that they pride themselves on customer service. Now they are beggining to see these sites and see the comments and see how they are being taken advantage of by people. Soon if you guys keep taking advantage of these coupons and goodwill you will have to have the coupon in hand and no bending will occur.

I have not been taking advantage of them. Each time I have had one it was due to one of the kids' birthdays or my birthday (they send them out on the parents birthday too). Still, I don't always have them on me if I don't plan on going to the store in advance. It would be nice if they could pull it up by phone number or something when you register. From my experience, they definitely don't take your word for it.

Just a fyi, the reason that The Children's Place was being accomodating to customers was that they pride themselves on customer service. Now they are beggining to see these sites and see the comments and see how they are being taken advantage of by people. Soon if you guys keep taking advantage of these coupons and goodwill you will have to have the coupon in hand and no bending will occur.

I have a hard time seeing that using a 15% coupon is taking advantage of them. Their stuff is adorable but overpriced in my opinion. So getting 15% is in no way hurting their business. As things are right now I think they would be glad to let someone use their little discount to get people to shop in their stores or on-line. There is nothing that bugs me more is trying to get someone to feel bad for asking for a coupon or coupon code on a deal website.

Childen's place has been very accommondating were coupons are concerned. I was at one at the outlets a few weeks ago and I had 100 worth of stuff and I just said darn I left my 15% off coupon to my sister and the girl just said she would give me the discount. I didn't even ask. I think that type of service only helps a store not hurt it as I had a good experience so I will continue to shop there. Children's place is also the only store that I know of that lets you use more than 1 coupon at a time. I had a 10.00 off coupon and a 15% off and they always let me use both.

This is NOT true in any way. There was actually a article in my newspaper a while back saying that alot of businesses are reporting customers asking for coupons/discounts, and retailers are gladly giving them the discount to boost store sales with this economy. I see no harm whatsoever in asking for a little discount, especially if I'm going in and buying a ton of stuff. The coupon they give me is what keeps me going back.

• 1 month later...

If they want this practice so stop then they need to get firm about it. Obviously they know this is a draw for their stores and web-site. I hardly see how I am taking advantage when my average purchase in there is around $150-$200 (that's for 1 child). I would say 98% of my daughter's clothing comes from there. I don't feel a discount is 'owed' to me but as long as they are available, I would be a fool to not use them. If they quit honoring them, so be it.

And I always make sure I have a coupon in hand. This thread caught my eye because I'm looking for a March coupon. My kiddo needs clothes for our Spring Break trip. :tongue1:

Edited by afrey66