Free Makeup?

Hazmina

Has anyone heard anything about that law suit having to do with some stores which has resulted in the stores giving away free makeup on tuesday January 20th. This story just aired on a news cast where I live here in CO. It was a bit scetchy , if anyone knows more I would really appreciate it! ;)

I haven't heard anything but I really hope it is Macy's that would have to do that!!! I'm still so mad at them for one Lancome purchase that I made there a while ago. In our store there are actually two Lancome counters and both of them had this huge Free Make-up bag and lots of free make-up displayed under a glass display and the big sign said Free Gift with purchase. Also when I looked there were no dates specified for that special. After I selected and paid for some make-up I proceeded to ask about the gift and was then informed that they had no such special and they will not have another special for another few month at least.. At that point I chickened out and proceeded to pay for the make-up I selected because I didn't want to look cheap.. After I came home I wrote an e-mail on their website to let them know about my dissapointing experience and that I have lost all confidence in their store and that I wasn't even sure if the employees of that particular Macy's have pocketed those gifts or what?? Because you know they still had those 2 huge gift sets under a glass at both counters, so why wouldn't they give me one of those?? But all I got was an e-mail letting me know they got my feedback but I never heard anything back from them after that.. I think I might have even wrote them another e-mail inquiring about the status and again NOTHING!!! So needless to say I will never shop for make-up at Macy's ever again but I REALLY HOPE they are the ones who were sued!!!

I haven't heard anything but I really hope it is Macy's that would have to do that!!!I will never shop for make-up at Macy's ever again but I REALLY HOPE they are the ones who were sued!!!

Actually, the news mentioned some of the stores and one of the stores they said was Macy's also Saks Fifth Ave. and Bloomingdales others too but I can't remember. I have been trying to find some info online but can't seem to find anything:(

So you just walk into any of the stores mentioned above and inquire about the make-up special or what?? Why do I think they will look at me like I have two-heads if I show up there on Tue??

Do you need to call them first to make sure they are participating in this or what???

Also I'm wondering if you are allowed to go to more than one store? (so you grab one at Macy's and one in Target and so on..)??

I just read the whole settlement. I don't really understand what they were sued for but if you ask me sounds like a cr*ppy settlement to me. They give out so much more make-up throughout the year as gifts and samples and whatever.. Are those even full size make-up bottles or sample sizes?? I might have to go look at my make-up to determine the ml...

Do you think they will compare those lists after they jot the names down or what??

Also the article mentioned Target but I really don't think I saw Target in the settlement..