Macy's Closing 11 stores

lovetoshopCA

Bargain shopping to come, too bad it will put so many people out of work...

Department-store operator Macy's Inc. is closing 11 underperforming stores in nine states. Here is a list of which ones are closing:

— Ernst & Young Plaza (Citicorp Plaza), Los Angeles. (136 employees, opened in 1986)

— The Citadel, Colorado Springs, Colo. (105 employees, opened in 1984)

— Westminster Mall, Westminster, Colo. (110 employees, opened in 1986)

— Palm Beach Mall, West Palm Beach, Fla. (71 employees, opened in 1979)

— Mauna Lani Bay Hotel, Island of Hawaii, Hawaii (3 employees, opened in 1983)

— Lafayette Square, Indianapolis (84 employees, opened in 1974)

— Brookdale Center, Brooklyn Center, Minn. (72 employees, opened in 1966)

— Crestwood Mall, St. Louis (176 employees, opened in 1969)

— Natrona Heights Plaza, Natrona Heights, Pa. (124 employees, opened in 1956)

— Century III Furniture and Clearance, West Mifflin, Pa. (3 employees, opened in 2000)

— Bellevue Center, Nashville, Tenn. (76 employees; opened in 1990)

The one in Nashville is 1/2 a mile from me. It is only 1 of two stores left in a mall that they are going to "redo" to make an outdoor shopping area. They were supposed to stay open during the construction, but the construction was to have started a year ago and it hasn't yet, so they are closing. So sad, but bargains will be had!!

The one in Nashville is 1/2 a mile from me. It is only 1 of two stores left in a mall that they are going to "redo" to make an outdoor shopping area. They were supposed to stay open during the construction, but the construction was to have started a year ago and it hasn't yet, so they are closing. So sad, but bargains will be had!!

That's my same macy's! We must be really close to each other! My mom worked there for a couple of weeks recently and just quit. My aunt works there though!! I knew when I saw that some macy's stores were closing that the Bellevue one was going to be one of them!!

I was in Macy's last week. I'm having a hard time finding maternity pants...long story short. I wound up with 4 pair of "low waist" jeans and dress pants from the juniors section for $4.99 each. I love thier sales!

OT but I bought ALL of my Maternity cloth from Old Navy's website both of my pregnancies. The prices were great and everything always fit. There were a couple things I ended up not liking and it was a breath to take them back to the store for returns. They have A TON of pants.. Especially if you need Business Casual, which is what I needed for work. I always picked the ones on clearance too!! Our store didn't have as much of a selection though and nothing really on sale so that never worked for me but they are having good sales right now (might have extra 50% super sale tomorrow so you might want to check it out)