Toys R Us

lakj98

Anyone been to Toys R Us yet since the New year? I am just wondering if they are having any kind of clearance sale.

I finally received my reward certificate from the Rewards program. I receveived $35.00. They have to be used before the end of the month. I also have 2 $10.00 gift cards from buying games before Christmas. Those also expire at the end of the month. Then I have one $3.00 GC from their birthday club that also expires at the end of the month. So I have $58.00 that I need to spend at Toys R Us before the end of the month. I can not think of anything my kids need/want from there. No birthday for me until May and my DD already asked for another American Girl doll so that wont be coming from Toys R Us.

You could prob. buy some big Toy for $60 then return for store credit. At least that won't be expiring any time soon..

You can't use your credits from the rewards program like that. I made that mistake. I bought a game using the rewards credits then I found it cheaper at Kohls. I went to return it and I was MAD! I had get the manager. I said...I earned those credits through spending using my rewards card. I UNDERSTAND you CAN'T give me cash back, or a credit on my credit card, but I should get STORE CREDIT. She said NO, they are like a "coupon" a one time use coupon. If you use it, you lose it. So make sure you use it on something you KNOW you won't be returning. After a LONG LONG LONG fight and reminding them about their Class Action Lawsuit that was brought on because they did the same thing with the Chase Rewards from the credit card, she finally agreed to give me store credit for my coupon. But you don't want to risk being out $30.00 of rewards money. So Just a Heads up. So nobody gets screwed out of their rewards. HTH. :D

You can't use your credits from the rewards program like that. I made that mistake. I bought a game using the rewards credits then I found it cheaper at Kohls. I went to return it and I was MAD! I had get the manager. I said...I earned those credits through spending using my rewards card. I UNDERSTAND you CAN'T give me cash back, or a credit on my credit card, but I should get STORE CREDIT. She said NO, they are like a "coupon" a one time use coupon. If you use it, you lose it. So make sure you use it on something you KNOW you won't be returning. After a LONG LONG LONG fight and reminding them about their Class Action Lawsuit that was brought on because they did the same thing with the Chase Rewards from the credit card, she finally agreed to give me store credit for my coupon. But you don't want to risk being out $30.00 of rewards money. So Just a Heads up. So nobody gets screwed out of their rewards. HTH. :D

Ohh..Good to know! Thanks!!

You might want to stock up on Birthday supplies too. Like party favors and/or character-themed papper goods. Also don't forget they have some character furniture if you need any of that...

Thanks for the heads up. I did not know that.

I got the Leapfrog Crammer for $15.XX. HTH

I got the leapfrog crammer for my son (8). We made the flashcards for him to study for his upcoming science test (Solar System). It is WELL Worth $15.00. Its not worth the $59.00 they were selling it for. But it does work. And it isn't hard to add flashcards. We havne't put any music on it yet or used it for anything else. But he likes studying the flash cards on it. I just wish it had a backlight.

I got the leapfrog crammer for my son (8). We made the flashcards for him to study for his upcoming science test (Solar System). It is WELL Worth $15.00. Its not worth the $59.00 they were selling it for. But it does work. And it isn't hard to add flashcards. We havne't put any music on it yet or used it for anything else. But he likes studying the flash cards on it. I just wish it had a backlight.

Thanks for the info. I bought one for my daughter has a birthday present. I will open it this weekend to get it ready for her birthday next week.

Be prepared though. They have made a huge mess out of this Rewards program and many people are not receiving their certificates. I started purchasing back in October and finally got my first certificates this past weekend, but only after several calls to Customer Service. Now I have 3 weeks to use them. Yet another reason why I detest TRU.

Be prepared though. They have made a huge mess out of this Rewards program and many people are not receiving their certificates. I started purchasing back in October and finally got my first certificates this past weekend, but only after several calls to Customer Service. Now I have 3 weeks to use them. Yet another reason why I detest TRU.

I signed up in October as well and just received my gift certificates as well as my rewards card. Wasn't this program only until the Dec 24? If that is the case what was the sense in sending out cards now?

I signed up in October as well and just received my gift certificates as well as my rewards card. Wasn't this program only until the Dec 24? If that is the case what was the sense in sending out cards now?

I think it is going to start back up in March. I got cards as well, so I am guessing I will just have the same rewards number next time.

Has anyone seen LeapFrog My First LeapPad on clearance by any chance??

I got the books for it on clearance for $3.xx (down from $15.xx) a while back but have yet to pick up this system so I can give it to dd3. I've seen (and missed it) for $15.99 before Christmas so I really don't want to pay more than that.

If you buy something just make sure you get a gift receipt. I would think if you had to return it and used that they would just give you the full credit just being store credit. Not sure on that but doesn't seem like they are going to take that coupon amount off with the gift receipt. Just a thought!

I received my $25 reward in the form of a $20 and $5 coupon. The toysrus website will only accept 1 reward coupon per order, and web customer service has confirmed this.

Has anyone managed to use multiple rewards in the store for a single purchase? Customer service says in-store policies vary by store, and my local store has no idea.

Also, i had planned to use a 15% babiesrus in-store coupon i got in the mail for the same purchase, so i'm wondering if anyone was able to use that with the reward coupon(s) as well.

But i'll be happy if they just take both of my reward coupons, even if it can't be combined with the 15% coupon.

I used a $30 and a $10 reward certificate together a few days ago. The lady checking me out was a manager and she said she didn't think I could use them together, but the register took them so she let me.

And PP who asked about the My First LeapPads.... good luck!! I haven't seen them anywhere in a long time other than the Rainbow Fish bonus sets TRU had before Christmas. They were $20ish and sold fast. Maybe try Ebay.

I went to Toys R Us today. I had three rewards certificates (2 for $10.00 and one for $15.00). The cashier let me use all of them and I also used a $20.00 gift card and a $10.00 gift card and a $3.00 birthday certificate. I used all of them on one transaction.

If they would have told me I couldn't then I would have paid for everything seperate.

I received my $25 reward in the form of a $20 and $5 coupon. The toysrus website will only accept 1 reward coupon per order, and web customer service has confirmed this.

Has anyone managed to use multiple rewards in the store for a single purchase? Customer service says in-store policies vary by store, and my local store has no idea.

Also, i had planned to use a 15% babiesrus in-store coupon i got in the mail for the same purchase, so i'm wondering if anyone was able to use that with the reward coupon(s) as well.

But i'll be happy if they just take both of my reward coupons, even if it can't be combined with the 15% coupon.

Update: I was able to use all my reward certificates as well as the 15% BabiesRUs coupon on the same transaction.

If you plan to use a percent-off coupon with reward certs like I did, make sure you give it to them BEFORE any rewards certs because you get the maximum amount off that way. It's also nice of them to only charge tax on the post coupon/certificate amount (instead of treating them like gift cards) so I saved some dollars there too.

Update: I was able to use all my reward certificates as well as the 15% BabiesRUs coupon on the same transaction.

If you plan to use a percent-off coupon with reward certs like I did, make sure you give it to them BEFORE any rewards certs because you get the maximum amount off that way. It's also nice of them to only charge tax on the post coupon/certificate amount (instead of treating them like gift cards) so I saved some dollars there too.

I wrote down the unique code on the front of the reward cert before I redeemed them in-store, and found that i can still use the code at the toysrus website.

I guess since they wanted to let you use reward certs in-store as well as online, they didn't figure out a way to invalidate the online code once you've redeemed it in-store.