Girl Gourmet Cupcake Maker

lakj98

we used ours for the first time the other day. I did not like the cupcakes, or the frosting, but the kids loved it. I couldn't get the frosting the right consistancy for the first 2 cupcakes, but the third I thnk I got it right, but it didn't cove the cupcake, just half of it. I never could get it to go all the way around it. I am very disappointed and wish I wouldnt have let her use it and took it back. It was a gift from her aunt, but what a waste of money. She also got an easybake oven, but we haven't used it yet. i need to go and find some mixes for it so we can try it....

I think maybe sometimes we put our "grown up" expectations on toys rather than just let the kids make up their own minds. I know I often do, anyway. I thought the cupcake maker (which doesn't actually make cupcakes and to me is just a glorified pump for weird icing), was a piece of crap. However, my two girls (7 and 9) thought it was cool and liked, I think, just having their own piece of baking equipment. So, I didn't put it down to them and they still like it. I'm with you, though, on baking cupcakes the old fashioned way and then just letting them use this machine to ice. They refills are ridiculously expensive. By the way... has anyone tried the ice cream sandwich molds? I bought one but have yet to try it.

Oh, and we love the spa thing. The girls feel like scientists measuring and doing it all themselves. They've used it at sleepovers and all the little girls are thrilled to take home perfume, lip gloss, etc... occupies them for a long time too! ;)

I think maybe sometimes we put our "grown up" expectations on toys rather than just let the kids make up their own minds. I know I often do, anyway. I thought the cupcake maker (which doesn't actually make cupcakes and to me is just a glorified pump for weird icing), was a piece of crap. However, my two girls (7 and 9) thought it was cool and liked, I think, just having their own piece of baking equipment. So, I didn't put it down to them and they still like it. I'm with you, though, on baking cupcakes the old fashioned way and then just letting them use this machine to ice. They refills are ridiculously expensive. By the way... has anyone tried the ice cream sandwich molds? I bought one but have yet to try it.

Oh, and we love the spa thing. The girls feel like scientists measuring and doing it all themselves. They've used it at sleepovers and all the little girls are thrilled to take home perfume, lip gloss, etc... occupies them for a long time too! ;)

When we set up the spa it was fine but as you dismantle it and move it, it becomes a problem. Just didn't work out for us.

• 4 weeks later...
It stinks that you all have had such bad experiences with it. Ours has been wonderful. I spent a fortune on the deluxe set because my dd wanted it so badly. She is 10 and loves to cook. She has made all 20 of the mixes and the whole family ate the cupcakes.....they weren't too bad! It took her a couple of tries to get the consistancy right, but she worked at it and the final product came out beautifully. She did it on her own and had a blast. It has definitely been a winner for her! Ali