Wal-Mart return question Wii

We got our son a Wii for his birthday January 20th. Now we just got together with my husbands family and they got him a Wii for Christmas. If I still have the receipt from last week when I finally found one will they credit my CC back when I return it? Or are they going to give me a hassle about it?

I'm pretty sure you have 30 days on unopened electronics with a receipt

before Christmas I had my mom pick up a wii at her Walmart since our Walmart was out of stock then I returned it at my Walmart had the money put back on her card and re purchased it 2 weeks after the original purchase with her receipt so I could use my employee discount. The only hassle I was given was buying it back since they wanted it to sit on the shelf for 24 hours before I could buy it back but I said they could stick the return then and I'd just keep it and they decided that they'd make an exception since by then they had some in stock anyway and I could have just walked down to electronics and picked up another one and gotten my discount.

For your own sanity, make sure you do not open the box if you are returning the item!!

Our Walmart was horrible when we had to return a Guitar Hero World Tour set.

My son bought it on the 26th. Got home, set it up, and found something wrong with the guitar.

Everything was repackaged, had the original sale receipt, and yesterday (31st) he brought the entire system back to the store.

Well, apparently once a system like that is opened, (even if you have all the paperwork, packaging pieces, etc.) it cannot be returned to the place of purchase! :eek:

You have to contact the manufacturer and deal with them!

Inside the box was a yellow slip of paper giving you that info, (which he never even noticed) but nothing was ever said to him at the time of purchase, it's not printed on the outside of the box and no where does it state that in the store.

So, unless you opened the box and found the yellow slip of paper telling you all of that, how would you know?

You have to open the box to find out, yet once the box is opened you can't return it to the store!

Just crazy, I tell you!

For your own sanity, make sure you do not open the box if you are returning the item!!

Our Walmart was horrible when we had to return a Guitar Hero World Tour set.

My son bought it on the 26th. Got home, set it up, and found something wrong with the guitar.

Everything was repackaged, had the original sale receipt, and yesterday (31st) he brought the entire system back to the store.

Well, apparently once a system like that is opened, (even if you have all the paperwork, packaging pieces, etc.) it cannot be returned to the place of purchase! :eek:

You have to contact the manufacturer and deal with them!

Inside the box was a yellow slip of paper giving you that info, (which he never even noticed) but nothing was ever said to him at the time of purchase, it's not printed on the outside of the box and no where does it state that in the store.

So, unless you opened the box and found the yellow slip of paper telling you all of that, how would you know?

You have to open the box to find out, yet once the box is opened you can't return it to the store!

Just crazy, I tell you!

I found that with a lot of things this year...my camera had it, the kids ATM's had it, the Rockband2 had the yellow paper, can't remember what else, but yeah, weird!

Regardless if that slip was in there or not I am still going to return it to the store i bought it from. If it isn't good straight out of the box why should I be penalized and have to wait for the mfg to correct it. The store it was purchased from should initially return it. If it breaks during the warranty period then the mfg should deal with it directly. That's my take.

We got our son a Wii for his birthday January 20th. Now we just got together with my husbands family and they got him a Wii for Christmas. If I still have the receipt from last week when I finally found one will they credit my CC back when I return it? Or are they going to give me a hassle about it?

Return Policy

Wal-Mart's Return Policy

Customer satisfaction guaranteed by repair, refund or exchange. Also, we follow any manufacturer’s warranties.

As an added convenience for customers, Wal-Mart has adjusted its return policy for the holiday gift buying season for items that have a limited return/exchange period (15 days, 30 days, etc.). For these items purchased between Nov. 15 and Dec. 25, the limited return period will begin Dec. 26. This includes items such as TVs, cameras, computers, DVD and music players which can have a 15-30 day return period.

Q: Is there a time limit on RETURNS?

A: Generally, we accept returns within 90 days after purchase. There are a few exceptions, including the below examples but not limited to these examples, to the 90-day rule:

* Computer components and computer accessories must be returned within 45 days.

* Camcorders and digital cameras must be returned within 30 days.

* Computers and postpaid cell phones must be returned within 15 days.

* Prerecorded music, movies, and software products must be returned unopened.

Q: Do you accept RETURNS without a receipt?

A: Wal-Mart, for several years, has accepted returns without a receipt, even though many of our competitors require receipts for all returns. Wal-Mart gives customers the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25), a shopping card for the amount of the purchase (if it was over $25), a credit to the customer's credit card or an even exchange for the product. Also, as applicable, we follow any manufacturer’s warranties.

Q: Do you track RETURNS, do you place a limit on the number of returns?

A: In the event that a customer has returned more than three items without receipts within a 45-day period, the cash register system will automatically flag the transaction, and a customer service manager or member of management must approve the return. These cash register messages will remain for six months and will disappear if there are no more returns during that time period.

http://walmartstores.com/7658.aspx