Wal-mart Return w/o receipt?

Hello. So sorry if this has already been asked but I couldn't find anything. I know earlier this year our Walmart would take back items w/o a receipt once every 3 months or so. Does anyone know if they still do this? I have a few toy duplicate gifts I'd love to get store credit for...just wondering before I make the trip up there. Thanks in advance!

As far as i know they still do up to a certain number of times in a year. They use your drivers liscense number and it shows how many times in ayear youve brought things back w/o a reciept.. As long as you havent returned alot of things without receipt you shouldnt have a problem.

I returned my Wii Animal Crossing & Fisher Price mp4 player to Walmart and I didn't have receipt. They asked to see my drivers license and gave me a giftcard for $8x.xx. I paid $48.88 for the mp4 player but the price dropped and I couldn't find my receipt. I used my Walmart card and they said they cannot look up receipts like Target can. Only got $29.XX credit for it but $49.99 for the animal crossing. It was from Amazon....Yes, naughty I know but I don't have Wi-Fi. Only my cable modem.

My husband tried to take a cell phone back that had no battery with it without a receipt. They wouldn't even let him take the phone back to electronics. He was even willing to buy a battery for it at the store but they simply would not let him take the phone past the front of the store. He asked for a manager and they claimed that there was not a manager around.

I hate to cause any kind of fuss but I am seriously considering calling that 1 800 Walmart number.

My husband tried to take a cell phone back that had no battery with it without a receipt. They wouldn't even let him take the phone back to electronics. He was even willing to buy a battery for it at the store but they simply would not let him take the phone past the front of the store. He asked for a manager and they claimed that there was not a manager around.

I hate to cause any kind of fuss but I am seriously considering calling that 1 800 Walmart number.

Wow, that's weird. They refused to let him carry something that was already purchased?? I would have been a little bit of a problem!:eyepoppin

Q: Do you track RETURNS, do you place a limit on the number of returns?

A: In the event that a customer has returned more than three items without receipts within a 45-day period, the cash register system will automatically flag the transaction, and a customer service manager or member of management must approve the return. These cash register messages will remain for six months and will disappear if there are no more returns during that time period.

http://walmartstores.com/7658.aspx

Edited by cassgurlie04

A: In the event that a customer has returned more than three items without receipts within a 45-day period, the cash register system will automatically flag the transaction, and a customer service manager or member of management must approve the return. These cash register messages will remain for six months and will disappear if there are no more returns during that time period.

Sweet...thanks! :fluffy:

yep that's the policy I asked hubby and had just come here to post it lol. As for the person who said no returns period I would DEFINITELY being calling the district manager and higher up for that one

Happy to say it did work for me. I returned a Leapster game, a HSM singing barbie and a small horse toy from years ago and since they were all in their system I received a nice store credit! Maybe the policy varies by state? I'm in NJ and my sister and I (so far) have had no problems. I do think you have to ask for store credit though, I don't think they offer willingly....

:( no fair!!! I tried to return something that I DID buy from Walmart and couldn't find the receipt and they wouldn't allow me to return it without one! They said it's a new policy, no returns period without a receipt :(

Sometimes it's better to wait until after the holidays to return items without a receipt to Wal-Mart. The cashiers seem to be in a much better mood since the lines aren't as long :) I know I have never personally had any problems. I always make sure they have the item first. They aren't losing any money b/c they can resale the item. My daughter gets duplicate toy gifts often that usually come from Target but can't take it there without a receipt so I just take it to Wal-Mart. No problems. Pray that problems don't start now since there are some things I need to return from Christmas.

Is it 3 items in the 45 days or is it 3 returns in the 45 days. I know after my kids birthday we did a few returns and that was over 45 days ago. Want to make sure it is safe to return again. I know in like October we did three different returns but pretty sure it was like 10 different items. There great grandma always forgets how old they are.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone have an idea how lucky I would be returning a digital camera with receipt but no box? Dummy me threw out the box, but it just won't download the pictures directly to my computer. Now I am NO techie, but I'd think I should be able to plug in the usb cable and download, but I get an error 'cannot get device information'.

Anyone have an idea how lucky I would be returning a digital camera with receipt but no box? Dummy me threw out the box, but it just won't download the pictures directly to my computer. Now I am NO techie, but I'd think I should be able to plug in the usb cable and download, but I get an error 'cannot get device information'.

Have you downloaded the device driver? If you go to the manufacturer site, it can tell you what you need to do and usually there is a tech support, you might want to try it first and see if that helps. Usually computers will search for you when you plug it in but sometimes it doesn't

Is it 3 items in the 45 days or is it 3 returns in the 45 days. I know after my kids birthday we did a few returns and that was over 45 days ago. Want to make sure it is safe to return again. I know in like October we did three different returns but pretty sure it was like 10 different items. There great grandma always forgets how old they are.

3 times. You can have more than one item at a time and it counts as one transaction.

Have you downloaded the device driver? If you go to the manufacturer site, it can tell you what you need to do and usually there is a tech support, you might want to try it first and see if that helps. Usually computers will search for you when you plug it in but sometimes it doesn't

Thanks for the suggestion!

I have had Kodak on-line support trying to figure it out without any luck too. It really sucks I was so irresponsible and threw that box away! I am really mad about it.:mad: It's just sooo much money to seem to be wasted since I can't use the product to it's fullest.

Does anyone know if they carry Rose Art Smart! Easel??

(We got it as a gift from someone who bought it on Amazon, but I really don't like it because it requires us buying papper and has so-so reviews..)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41uNHQz-ZYL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I have had Kodak on-line support trying to figure it out without any luck too. It really sucks I was so irresponsible and threw that box away! I am really mad about it.:mad: It's just sooo much money to seem to be wasted since I can't use the product to it's fullest.

will the company warrant it? do you have the instructions and warranty card?

Wow, our store policy is 3 no-receipt returns in 6 months. And we are supposed to do each item seperately (that usually goes by the wayside after the holidays) but, if the items look all the same type, like a camera, sd card and camera case those we will do as one transaction. If you had like knives, a book and vitamins we are supposed to return them seperately.

For the camera, we would return it at our store still, we might keep the box off the new camera though and the instruction manual from the new one if you didn't have that as well.

I've had that problem before too with a Kodak. You usually need to have their software installed and then it should detect the camera no problem.

We got a Wii Guitar Hero World Tour for christmas. It broke the first day. I took it back to the Game Stop. They exchanged it. I haven't opend the new one at all. I want to return the whole thing. I am very scared about it breaking again. They are very unreliable. I am wondering if I should try to take this back to Walmart and get a store credit. I won't have a reciept, will they do it???

Thanks

I have had a Kodak camera for 5 years. I hate their software, but you have to have it to load the pictures. I bought a Samsung this year to get rid of the Kodak from my computer. It was the worst camera software I have ever used.

You don't need to use the Kodak software. I just use the photo wizard on my computer to download the pics. I never installed the Kodak software when I bought my new computer and have never had a problem downloading pics off of my Kodak EasyShare camera.

We got a Wii Guitar Hero World Tour for christmas. It broke the first day. I took it back to the Game Stop. They exchanged it. I haven't opend the new one at all. I want to return the whole thing. I am very scared about it breaking again. They are very unreliable. I am wondering if I should try to take this back to Walmart and get a store credit. I won't have a reciept, will they do it???

Thanks

I took back Aerosmith GH for Wii just last week and got full credit for it, I was thrilled! I didn't have a receipt for it