LeapFrog Tag Reading System

Avaj

The TAG only holds info for 5 books and each book you buy you have to download from LeapFrog Connect....I am not happy with the whole thing right now! My daughter got 7 books total from everyone for Christmas and it is always the 2 that aren't on the TAG she wants to 'read' or play. I have had to put 2 books up so they are out of sight/out of mind....what a pain the the behind! To be changing the books on the TAG every time I turn around!

I am very happy with the TAG we got and the boys (6 & 4) love it. I am so happy I read and took the advice of someone here on GD who recommended getting TAG school version, as it holds 25 books at once versus the 5 that the regular version holds. Once he found the correct website, DH had no trouble downloading all the books very quickly. You can have the pen read the books in 2 ways - one way is to touch the spot on each page that will have it read everything all at once, and the other way is to touch each word one at a time, which I prefer them to do and which they enjoy. hth!

I cannot get it to download all the way so we haven't been able to use our yet!!I am not impressed with it !I think I was the one that wanted it the most since he loves his books but I wouldn't buy it if i had it to do all over !

I emailed LeapFrog about the problems with their site and my son not being able to play with it because we couldn't get the audio for the books to download because their site wasn't working most of Christmas day. They are sending me 2 free books for my troubles.:D

The TAG only holds info for 5 books and each book you buy you have to download from LeapFrog Connect....I am not happy with the whole thing right now! My daughter got 7 books total from everyone for Christmas and it is always the 2 that aren't on the TAG she wants to 'read' or play. I have had to put 2 books up so they are out of sight/out of mind....what a pain the the behind! To be changing the books on the TAG every time I turn around!

I am having the exact same problem. My daughter is 5 and seems to want to read the books that are not downloaded. I may have to hide hers to and hope she forgets about them for a few days. Then I can swith them off every few days.

I am very happy with the TAG we got and the boys (6 & 4) love it. I am so happy I read and took the advice of someone here on GD who recommended getting TAG school version, as it holds 25 books at once versus the 5 that the regular version holds. Once he found the correct website, DH had no trouble downloading all the books very quickly. You can have the pen read the books in 2 ways - one way is to touch the spot on each page that will have it read everything all at once, and the other way is to touch each word one at a time, which I prefer them to do and which they enjoy. hth!

Is this with the school version only? That is the main reason I bought it for her, she gets frustrated when she tries to follow along because when its just reading the story it kind is fast for her.

Is this with the school version only? That is the main reason I bought it for her, she gets frustrated when she tries to follow along because when its just reading the story it kind is fast for her.

The regular version works 2 ways also. You can either tap the book symbol at the beginning of the paragraph and it will read the pages to you or you can tap each word (ds slides it across the word) individually. If it's not doing that, it may not be working properly.

Hope that helps:)