Is this a good deal? - UPDATED

ljl3185

As far as I can tell, it's not refurbished. This is an xbox 360 premium (whatever that means) and the one that they are selling for $199 is the xbox 360 arcade so I am assuming that the premium one is better??? It says that it originally sold for over $400 on their site.

Unless it's changed in price since you posted, it's only selling for 20%. And no, at that price, I do not believe it's a good deal. Fingerhut is saying this retailed for $450, but really isn't saying it comes with anything if it does. It doesn't even state if it comes with a hard drive. The arcade bundle retails for $200, but has no hard drive. The Pro bundle comes with a 20 gig hard drive and retails for $250. The Elite (which this is not) comes with a 120 gig hard drive, a few other upgrades, and is for now anyway, is always black in color. The Xbox 360 Elite system retails for $399 everywhere, unless of course a store is giving some other package deal.

I say, visit Amazon and pay retail (and get free shipping and possibly no tax) and you'll probably make out better, AND know exactly what you're getting.

With 512MB of system memory

I think this is the Arcade one, it has a memory card, but no hard drive. I might be wrong but would look more into it before hoping on the deal.

I think it's the Arcade bundle too. I just looked at the Garmin GPS systems at Fingerhut and they won't even give you the model. I've never liked Fingerhut because they've always been so overpriced, but it's pathetic when you don't put the model of a product in the write up. It tells me, they just don't want anyone comparing prices. They're just hoping to get someone that's gullible enough to buy blindly, and/or, someone who needs to do it on the payment plan.

i checked the 50% off does actually come off during check out. total for it with express shipping was about $209

Well, that's not a horrible price, but if you're in a state that doesn't pay tax thru Amazon, you can have it for $200 shipped if you take the free shipping.

To the OP, I'd have to run a search, but I was on a site late last night that included a link to buy a 20 gig hard drive for $29 (dunno about shipping and tax), for anyone who bought the arcade bundle. I was interested because we picked up an arcade bundle when we got the 3 rings of death from our other system. Hubby didn't want to go without his console while it was sent back for repairs. Now hubby wants a hard drive to set the 2nd system up in the basement.

Well, that's not a horrible price, but if you're in a state that doesn't pay tax thru Amazon, you can have it for $200 shipped if you take the free shipping.

To the OP, I'd have to run a search, but I was on a site late last night that included a link to buy a 20 gig hard drive for $29 (dunno about shipping and tax), for anyone who bought the arcade bundle. I was interested because we picked up an arcade bundle when we got the 3 rings of death from our other system. Hubby didn't want to go without his console while it was sent back for repairs. Now hubby wants a hard drive to set the 2nd system up in the basement.

Hey will you pm me if you find the site that had that hard drive? I need one my kids got the arcade one and we have been looking for a hard drive cheap. Thanks

UPDATE:::

When I placed the order for the XBOX 360 I also ordered Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock with it (also on clearance) and I wasn't sure if it came with the guitar or if it was just the game but i figured for $15 I couldn't go wrong either way. For both things, including shipping, my total was $212.xx. So thats $17x.xx for the xbox, $15.xx for the GH, and like $25 or $26 shipping.

I received the order via Fed Ex New Years Eve. Box was heavy as all get out. I opened it - to my surprise the GH did come with a wireless guitar (so that was a really good deal) and this is the xbox 360 system they sent me - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8492838&type=product&id=1186003685732

Not the one with 512 MB or whatever!!!

So did I do good????