Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I keep forgetting to mention that one of the Kone & Kurv vacuums are on sale. Bought the Kurv last year and found it was a piece of junk with no suction to speak of, but others on here liked it. However, to Marypat58, everyone who bought the broom last year seemed to think it was useless. If anyone feels otherwise, please feel free to correct me, but that was what was generally posted.

The target in Stanley, kansas is still at 30%. There are tons of activitiy. They are adding more to the 30% aisles. Maybe tomorrow????

i was there this am with 2 kids in tow:eyepoppin and they were doing some major redoing of the toy dept. boxing things, moving things etc. i asked about the sale and she said they were just reorganizing today but to keep checking back, maybe tomorrow. Who knows what is going on! But i will check back tomorrow just in case, some things in the boys dept were 75% and I bet next week alot of stuff will be.

Everyday i go, i find new things to buy, i get so excited when i find misplaced christmas items! i found quite a few in toys yesterday and some burts bees in the food section!!!

This is a bad obsession.....but i am a sucker for targets 75% off sales.......

For all of you checking when the toys go from 30% to 75%. Make sure you go and scan a toy or two. Last year at my Target the sign said 30%, however they were 75%. Nothing was marked. Then a team came by to start changing the tags while I was there. This is the Mayslanding NJ store.

Good luck, I don't think it will be until next week.

I keep forgetting to mention that one of the Kone & Kurv vacuums are on sale. Bought the Kurv last year and found it was a piece of junk with no suction to speak of, but others on here liked it. However, to Marypat58, everyone who bought the broom last year seemed to think it was useless. If anyone feels otherwise, please feel free to correct me, but that was what was generally posted.

Thanks for your input on these. I've been watching them, but really don't need another vac which does not do the job.

In Tustin, CA toys were still at 30% (I scanned). Toy aisle being reset, I'll check tomorrow.

The Rubbermaid Takealongs with the mistletoe on the front of the package were finally reduced to 50% (I tried earlier, but they would not mark them down). I love those containers, so I was happy with my purchase. They have the deep squares and the large rectangle with the bonus mini containers inside. In the regular location--over by electronics.

In the Garden section there are a bunch of Smith and Hawkins holiday decor--some are really just red and white, so could be Valentines day, lights and Amarylis all 75%. Thanks to LovestoShop I picked up a small patio table (folding black mesh) for $4.98. They have several left. Some stacking high back patio chairs and other misc patio items are also on clearance, I think they are from last year.

Lots of marked down pj's for women, some mark downs in Baby.

I got this train table during the August clearance when it was by Little tree and we LOVE it!!!! My 3.5 DS bangs on it and crashes all his cars (i mean why use it just for trains, right? LOL) plus it is great for doing puzzles on and it has held up extremely well.

We got it too. It's really sturdy and not that hard to put together. In fact I did it by myself while I had 2 kids climbing on every piece. Anyway, I've caught my son standing on it, throwing things on it, etc and it holds up great.

In the Garden section there are a bunch of Smith and Hawkins holiday decor--some are really just red and white, so could be Valentines day, lights and Amarylis all 75%. Thanks to LovestoShop I picked up a small patio table (folding black mesh) for $4.98. They have several left. Some stacking high back patio chairs and other misc patio items are also on clearance, I think they are from last year.

Lots of marked down pj's for women, some mark downs in Baby.

Oh! SO JEALOUS! I meant to grab a couple of the lawn chairs they had with those, and now they are in the new spring garden set and back to full price!!!

So, if you want those tables, grab them quick!

In Cypress, CA most toys are 30%. A couple are 50% off. I scanned quite a few items. I overheard two employees talking to one another about having to scan every item because they don't know what's being marked down and they don't know the price until the handheld scanner gives it to them. Interesting ;)

I have a question about the playdoh from the christmas clearance. I was lucky enough to nab 8 packs of this some for vday and easter...but was wondering how long you all have held on to this and it still be good. I was hoping to use it for my little girls b-day but that is not until september. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks. No wonder they have a ton of them left.

Just got back from Target. Doesn't look like they have even done much in the toy aisle at our store (Commerce Michigan). There were still lots of clearance toys in each aisle. They have not consolidated them yet.

Those who are talking about the brrom. Are you talking about the dirt devil broom vac? I bought one on black friday for $29. It got mixed in with all of my Christmas stuff so it is still in the basement unopened. Is it really useless?

Thanks for the lists WortmanFamily & Fluffkin!!! I strolled through again today but there are just toys piled on toys piled on more toys.

Which Transformers are on sale? The bigger ones or is it the minis or the ones in the boxes? The single packs have "rollback" prices of $7.79 here but I haven't seen any transformers with stickers.

Back from one in CT. Yep, still no 75%. Signs still say 30% but a lot of Toys are marked-down to 50%. I finally had a chance to go through all of the isles and check what's marked-down. I was surprised at how many things I liked! (that's after thinking I'm completely done after shopping at Amazon) There are SO MANY TOYS TOO!! You would think they just stocked up on everything. No empty shelves! Everything very orderly so they must have organized it or something..

The things that I saw on clearance that haven't been already mentioned:

A lot of Einstein toys (some rocket thing and also a blown-up chair)

Handy Manny Truck with Tools (maybe more Handy Manny toys)

"Cars" (mini pkg. of 6 and pkg. of three - diff ones) - 50%

Lots of things clearanced in the little cars isle too (some pkg. of 6 I think)

Some Mega Brand take along activities (next to Parents toys) (They had color with water and some other types) - 50%

Lots of Barbies and Barbie dress-up outfits for girls

LPS and MLP Advent calendars were marked-down too (30% or 50% can't remmember)

LPS bath tub set

Big Fire Truck (can't remmember which company?)

Small puzles and games

Also in bike helmets section they have Diego helmets 5+ and 3+ on sale for 13.99 down from 19.99. I bought Thomas train one for 3+ at the other store (same price) (They seem to be clearancing out diff. ones at diff. stores)

Also they were packing and removing Christmas stuff (even shelves) so that stuff is completely GONE now.

I did pick up outdoor rug (the scratchy variety) says Noel on it for $5.99 (75% off) We had that stuff in the separate section on the end isle together with some fake Ponsetas. (We need it for the garage so I didn't care what it said on it - was considering it for 50% last week so glad I waited)

Also those Bath sets are now at 30% at 3.xx (Hannah Montana make-up still 15%). Still had plenty left so I will be checking out those every time I go to check on the Toy sale.

I just got back from target (45 minutes away) and I asked a friend who works there what was going on, he informed me that they are marking down toys to 15-50% and have a new set plan for the toys and thats it this week, he said he over heard about the 75% but they have not got the offical word of it? If that makes any sense!:tongue1: (sorry if it dosent)

On to other good news, I walked around the store and found TONS 75% off!!!

I got Godinger Silver Art 4 section porcelain relish server with silver serving rack for $5! (they had tons of these all different types)

I also got for the man a budweiser gift set for $5! 75% off!

tons of frames for 75% off

They were marking down arts and crafts while i was there too, and they had regular wrapping paper and bags for 50% off.

Hope this helps someone:)

They also brought out more christmas stuff.. so I picked up some wrapping paper, and bags for 90% off, plus they brought out tons of the christmas dog/cats toys and gifts...

I have a question about the playdoh from the christmas clearance. I was lucky enough to nab 8 packs of this some for vday and easter...but was wondering how long you all have held on to this and it still be good. I was hoping to use it for my little girls b-day but that is not until september. Anyone have experience with this?

I purchased a huge playdoh set on sale BF 2007 and still haven't made it through all the containers. They are still like new in the container. I think as long as they are airtight they stay fresh. I almost bought some of the Christmas clearance playdoh but decided to finish what we have first.

I purchased a huge playdoh set on sale BF 2007 and still haven't made it through all the containers. They are still like new in the container. I think as long as they are airtight they stay fresh. I almost bought some of the Christmas clearance playdoh but decided to finish what we have first.

Agree, my son's playdoh has stayed great for over a year now, I just make sure it's sealed, and keep it in a cool place!

I've kept it from Christmas till Easter for Bdays and it was still good for months after. I would just keep it sealed up in the manufacturer's packaging if possible. And if not, ziplock it to keep air from it.

Thanks for the lists WortmanFamily & Fluffkin!!! I strolled through again today but there are just toys piled on toys piled on more toys.

Which Transformers are on sale? The bigger ones or is it the minis or the ones in the boxes? The single packs have "rollback" prices of $7.79 here but I haven't seen any transformers with stickers.

the special packaging ones that came out a bit before Christmas. There are 2 different 2 packs of the medium/large ones, and 2 different packs of 5 small ones.

hey neighbor! finally someone on here who shops at my Target! yay! :)

Hi!! I haven't seen any others from our area, much less MD in this thread, so I guess it's just me and you, huh? :D

Don't know if you're looking for toys, too, but I noticed that both targets had a somewhat different selection of clearanced toys. I'm going to have to drive really quick b/w both stores when they do get marked to 75%! :cheesy:

Hi!! I haven't seen any others from our area, much less MD in this thread, so I guess it's just me and you, huh? :D

Don't know if you're looking for toys, too, but I noticed that both targets had a somewhat different selection of clearanced toys. I'm going to have to drive really quick b/w both stores when they do get marked to 75%! :cheesy:

My kids are 6, 4 and 1 so I'm always looking AT toys, but I don't know that I should be looking FOR toys, lol! Thanks a lot for the heads up about different stuff at the 2 stores though - I rarely get over to the Columbia one. I'm the one who cleaned Long Gate out of most of their dollar spot Christmas socks for a quarter the other day - hope you didn't need them (but at least they are going to charity and not my mess of a house!) :) No, I have been on this thread on and off for a year or so now and have never seen anyone post with a location near us. Glad you are here! :yup:

no 75% today here - but they were working - buggies full of clearance moving to clearance aisle I assume.....3 of us there at 8:00 to shop - oh well!

Did you happen to be at the Collierville store or FHI? I was there and I saw many familiar faces from last year and this past summer toy clearance. I always wonder if they are Target Stalkers like my family.

OK, finally touched base with my neighbor. He talked with his boss and there is NO word for corporate yet about the mark-down. His boss said they might not even do the mark-down this year because of the economy (I dont buy this AT ALL since there were 5 aisles of toys neatly arranged at 30%).

In other news, I found some great stuff!!!

XXXXX 052170047 Hannah Montana Lip Gloss Set .49 (from 4.99)

XXXXX 051200388 Garland 2 @ .29= .58 (from $5.98)

XXXXX 081060062 Scotch Paper Cutter 3@ .49= 1.47 (from $5.98)

XXXXX 081060737 3pk Scotch tape .29 (from $2.99)

2 of the $1 manufact coupons (one from the tape in the order, the other i had)

TOTAL: .83!!!!!

Savings of $28.10 :)

I found the paper cutters and tape in the stationary aisle just stocked normally...the holiday cutters are in the purple packaging and NOT the green w/present packaging (the irony did not escape me). The holiday tape is the giftwrap purple package with the paper cutter coupon on the back, HTH!!!

OK, finally touched base with my neighbor. He talked with his boss and there is NO word for corporate yet about the mark-down. His boss said they might not even do the mark-down this year because of the economy (I dont buy this AT ALL since there were 5 aisles of toys neatly arranged at 30%).

In other news, I found some great stuff!!!

XXXXX 052170047 Hannah Montana Lip Gloss Set .49 (from 4.99)

XXXXX 051200388 Garland 2 @ .29= .58 (from $5.98)

XXXXX 081060062 Scotch Paper Cutter 3@ .49= 1.47 (from $5.98)

XXXXX 081060737 3pk Scotch tape .29 (from $2.99)

2 of the $1 manufact coupons (one from the tape in the order, the other i had)

TOTAL: .83!!!!!

Savings of $28.10 :)

I found the paper cutters and tape in the stationary aisle just stocked normally...the holiday cutters are in the purple packaging and NOT the green w/present packaging (the irony did not escape me). The holiday tape is the giftwrap purple package with the paper cutter coupon on the back, HTH!!!

Thank you for describing the tape, I forgot to look yesterday but will put it on my list...