Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

New here, but have been lurking for a few days. LOVE all the great info I've found. I'm going to pick up the Tag Jr using my TQ and MQ today before work. Great deal!

I've read in other posts that Target will except expired coupons so I thought I'd share one. I haven't tried it myself but am hopefull. MQ for $10 off Leapfrog Zippity at dealnews,com - search "zippity" and check "expired deals" on the left. GOOD LUCK!

Zippity Target price = $ 79.99

- $10 TQ (toybook or online)

- $10 MQ (website above)

- $5 TQ ($5 off $50 coupon on back of toy book)

=$54.99

I loove this place!!! I have been obsessing over the Halloween deals for like a week now. My local target never went 90% off with its candy, but I had to break down and buy some today.... 74 cents for Junior Mints, Butterfingers, and Almond Joy isn't too bad. I did score some of the Softsoap for 29 cents ! I thinik a mystery box was located somewhere in the back room, cuz I scored! I have been going to this Target every day and never saw them!!! WOOHOO!

Thanks soo much to you folks who know about coupn deals too, I did buy wii games and used the toy book coupon. Honestly I have not been deal shopping in several months, as I have not had any luck at all finding things, so I figured indulge in Halloween candy! I got a few parties I can spread the love at with the candy....

found a motherload of halloween stuff and the further target. about 10 bags of funsize snickers for .74 a bag of milky way funsize for .74, some dove cocolates .74, pumkin spice? hersheys .74, regular hershey's big bag. also found lots of halloween napkins and some paper plates .15-.17 each. some melamine plates and a bowl .17 each., 4 vloth placemats(2 skull, 1 ghost) 2 pairs of girls socks (kitty w/pom poms) .49, 12 month shirt( "smells like chocolate"?).49, anakin skywalker costume, darth vader costume and candy corn costume for kids and pumpkin, squirrel, bee for dog along with a dog pj.much more i'm sure but can't remember.

I should really start shopping at that one more regularly since the 2 stores i normally stop by didnt even have some of these things.

candy was 75% others 90%

Did not intend to bother with the 90% sale, but after reading all these posts, the bug kicked in... :rolleyes:

Got some humiliating costumes for the pets, also some fall-themed pillar candles, leaf-shaped knick-nacks, and candle trays. I'm set for Thanksgiving decor now, on the cheap. The dog is very mad at me.

Cutest find: "devil" loofah dog, complete with horns and pitchfork. I think it was $0.49.

Was happy to see that none of the stuff I bought at 75% off was left. I think I finally have a grasp on "how low will it go"!

Also, I returned a dog costume that didn't fit the pooch and they gave me price paid back (75% off price) even though costumes were now 90% off. Good to know.

The mm deal has been dead for a couple of months now. The 10 packs are stocked regularly and are sold at full price. In the past, if you were lucky enough to find them, they only costed $.69 because they were supposed to be sold individually at the food court.

Oh! Okay well that would be why then! LOL! Thanks!!

I got some wii deals yesterday!

game party - 14.99 (reg 20.xx I think?)

Army men soldiers of misfortune 20.xx

Disney Princess - 20.xx

Some boxing game dh picked out. LOL 29.99

backyard football - 14.99

M&M racing game - 14.99

Bought 4 got 2 free and used 3 of the 10$ off coupons..

Got it all for 54.xx tax and all! Saved 64.XX

Any idea what is the package weight of those .29 bags of candy? How do they look different from the miniature size? Any info would greatly help :)

They are 11.3 oz and look exactly the same as any other package, they just say snack size (as opposed to miniature)

Thanks for the info :) I will have to go check it out.

For anyone with a Nebraska Furniture Mart near them... In their Sunday circular, they have the Disney Movie Up on sale (releasing Tuesday) for $12.99 this week. However, <b>from 10-noon on Tuesday, Nov 10</b> they will have it on sale for $9.99. It is all spelled out in their ad, so it should hopefully be an easy price match at Target.

I would love to find a coupon to use with it. If someone knows of one, please post!!:)

hi!

I was looking over the Target perimeter thread and what things were priced on certain days -do they stay that price or go up after how many days ? Is it considered a sale -

I love this site and but never saw anything like this before and my wondering is getting the best of me

thanks

ann

I'm going to go over to Target tomorrow morning to see if any of the Electronics clearances drop. I've walked into great deals before, but never planned to go early and score a deal. How do they do the mark downs? Will the things that are going to be going down tomorrow already be marked when the store opens, or do they do it throughout the morning/day?

hi!

I was looking over the Target perimeter thread and what things were priced on certain days -do they stay that price or go up after how many days ? Is it considered a sale -

I love this site and but never saw anything like this before and my wondering is getting the best of me

thanks

ann

Clearance items stay at that price until they are salvaged out and then they are taken off the shelves and usually sold to other low price discount stores. They are not sale items - the prices won't go up.

I'm going to go over to Target tomorrow morning to see if any of the Electronics clearances drop. I've walked into great deals before, but never planned to go early and score a deal. How do they do the mark downs? Will the things that are going to be going down tomorrow already be marked when the store opens, or do they do it throughout the morning/day?

I have found that the markdown team works during the day - not overnight. So I don't think when the store opens that the items will be marked down yet.

I have found that the markdown team works during the day - not overnight. So I don't think when the store opens that the items will be marked down yet.

It depends on the store. I have some stores that have it done by the time I call first thing in the morning (which is how I got most of my items) and others that don't do it until early afternoon.

It depends on the store. I have some stores that have it done by the time I call first thing in the morning (which is how I got most of my items) and others that don't do it until early afternoon.

Yeah, I think sometimes they start before opening, like at 5am, and can knock out a lot in that time.

I am guessing that for holiday markdowns they don't need to scan each item, since nothing ever has orange stickers - that they just do it by computer, which is why Halloween went 90% off on a Saturday when the markdown team normally does not work (I think?)

checked electronics and the ipod speakers and stuff was not marked down. asked associate working electronics if they were doing it today and she said she didn't know. I said it's usually Mon and she acted like there was no schedule. I'm not stupid so I went find someone on the regular markdown team and she said electronic dept was already done.

I don't know if this is the right place for this or not...but if anyone is like me and got the playdoh packs last year after Christmas (the small cans 20 in a pack) and hasn't yet opened them...there is a $2 off $10 in playdoh products in the package.

Forgot to add, the coupon expires 6-30-10 so it would be good to use for the big sale in Jan/Feb.

Edited by zoemariesmamma
added

If anybody finds a GPS and doesn't need it, I'd love one. I think it would make a great gift for my in-laws. Our store never had these GPS's as far as I can tell. There are some GPSs on clearance, but regular price on those is $229.xx and they are STILL 30% off (have been for about 8-10 weeks.)

Hey KCTraderBear....

There is a potential Up! coupon here: http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/up/couponoffer/

Apparently it is set to go "live" at midnight tonight. Not sure at all how this information got "out there" but there does seem to be a page set up for something at that address. Hopefully the speculation is true!

If you can use this coupon on the DVD and price match it to Nebraska Furniture Mart's $9.99, you've got yourself a free movie! Even if they only match the $12.99, it's still a heck of a deal!

Fingers crossed that the coupon comes out!

I have seen at least 10 TomTom GPS on the shelves in the last two days, but they are all marked at 30%. Should I make them unlock the cases to see if they are marked down further? Are they 50-75% off at most stores?

There are two different Tom Toms on clearance right now. The 140S model is 75% off at some stores, but not all (some of mine are only 30% or 50% off still). The original price is $199. The other model is the XL340. I don't think any of the stores have these at 75% off yet. My stores are only at 30% right now. The original price is $229.

You should just bring the DPCI number to a register or GS and ask them to check the price (or you can just call your local store on the phone to check the price). The sticker price isn't always accurate, so if the employee opens the case and there is a 30% off sticker on it, he/she may think that's the current price, but there is always the possibility that it has been marked down further but a new sticker wasn't placed on it.

DPCI for the 140S model is 057.16.0019.