Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I'm sorry but it seems as if you already knew the $10 off coupon was for the Tag System and the $4 off coupon was for Tag Books. Why would you even give/show the cashier the $10 off coupon if you were only buying books? Even if you accidently picked up the wrong coupon and the cashier accepted it and it scanned, you knew it was for the system and used it anyhow.

I'm all for a getting great deals too, but not when it involves being dishonest.

I'm not trying to "attack you", just stating my honest opinion on this forum. This forum is about posting clearance deals. I don't want to start read messages all the time about how people are starting to "cheat" the system by using coupons that aren't for the item they are purchasing (just because it scans doesn't mean it's okay to do it) or purchasing something and switching it for something else (i.e., green vs. pink tag reader). These things are just dishonest ways to get things for cheaper and I personally think it's just wrong to do it and "encourage" others to do it also.

I went to Target the other day to purchase the Tag Books that were on sale for $9.99. I gave the cashier my $4 off coupon and she thoroughly inspected it and then asked me where I got the coupon. I told her it was from the Leapfrog website. She looked at me (as if I was trying to do something dishonest), scanned the coupon, was surprised that it went through, and then said "we've been getting a lot of coupons for these things that aren't legitimate". I just said "Really? I got that one from the Leapfrog website"...and that was that.

I just hope that Target doesn't decide to stop accepting printed coupons because they are getting misused.

Okay. I said what I needed to and now I'm done....

And to make this an actual post about a clearance item...

### Bright Starts Bounce Bounce Baby Activity Zone - 30% off

We have already been there and discussed that no need to keep bringing back up all oer again. There are far worse things in the world to worry about.

Instead of carrying the big box to a scanner, go to one that has numbers on it and enter the DCPI. That will save you some heavy lifting! :)

Those are the best :yup:, but only some stores have those, which I do not understand... Don't you love it when you are struggling to maneuver a big heavy box to a scanner, and employees just walk right by and ignore you?

Anybody know which day of the week college stuff gets marked? I am eyeing some of those ottomans that have been 30% FOREVER. Our store still has about a thousand of them.

Yes, I would like to know this too, there is SO MUCH of the stuff clogging the aisles and endcaps, surely it will go straight to 75%! I wonder why some of the stuff already went 75%? I got a fantastic College 09 three-drawer organizer that is really solid for $9.98 (75%), that was a week or two ago - wonder why the rest is malingering at 30% or 50%?

Those are the best :yup:, but only some stores have those, which I do not understand... Don't you love it when you are struggling to maneuver a big heavy box to a scanner, and employees just walk right by and ignore you?

Yep, only one out of the 5 I go to have the number pads on their scanners and I never find big items there to punch the numbers in for, only at the stores without them and I"m forced to lug them over as well! :( Wish they had had the number pads on them! :( I've noticed lately the scanners being 'down' in alot of the targets around here.

:( I've noticed lately the scanners being 'down' in alot of the targets around here.

It's funny that you say that! It's been happening here also. ALL of the scanners in the store go down at the same time and it becomes impossible to find someone with a scanner. I was thinking that it was just a fluke but it's happening at more than one target in the area and I guess we're not the only ones.

I wonder if it's a strategy move.

I'm sorry but it seems as if you already knew the $10 off coupon was for the Tag System and the $4 off coupon was for Tag Books. Why would you even give/show the cashier the $10 off coupon if you were only buying books? Even if you accidently picked up the wrong coupon and the cashier accepted it and it scanned, you knew it was for the system and used it anyhow.

I'm all for a getting great deals too, but not when it involves being dishonest.

I'm not trying to "attack you", just stating my honest opinion on this forum. This forum is about posting clearance deals. I don't want to start read messages all the time about how people are starting to "cheat" the system by using coupons that aren't for the item they are purchasing (just because it scans doesn't mean it's okay to do it) or purchasing something and switching it for something else (i.e., green vs. pink tag reader). These things are just dishonest ways to get things for cheaper and I personally think it's just wrong to do it and "encourage" others to do it also.

I went to Target the other day to purchase the Tag Books that were on sale for $9.99. I gave the cashier my $4 off coupon and she thoroughly inspected it and then asked me where I got the coupon. I told her it was from the Leapfrog website. She looked at me (as if I was trying to do something dishonest), scanned the coupon, was surprised that it went through, and then said "we've been getting a lot of coupons for these things that aren't legitimate". I just said "Really? I got that one from the Leapfrog website"...and that was that.

I just hope that Target doesn't decide to stop accepting printed coupons because they are getting misused.

Okay. I said what I needed to and now I'm done....

And to make this an actual post about a clearance item...

### Bright Starts Bounce Bounce Baby Activity Zone - 30% off

This will be my last response to this issue and probably my last post ever on this site.

At the time of the purchase I felt the wording on the coupon and the wording on the books was the same. The cashier agreed. I now see the point about the picture and have gone back to Target and made it right. I am not encouraging anyone to use coupons for items for which they are not intended and I would not suggest anyone use the $10 coupon for the books as I see now that is not what they were intended for. Thanks

What kind of bookshelves are they?

This will be my last response to this issue and probably my last post ever on this site.

At the time of the purchase I felt the wording on the coupon and the wording on the books was the same. The cashier agreed. I now see the point about the picture and have gone back to Target and made it right. I am not encouraging anyone to use coupons for items for which they are not intended and I would not suggest anyone use the $10 coupon for the books as I see now that is not what they were intended for. Thanks

I thought this issue was resolved. In my opinion everyone harrassing you needs to realize we have all done something in the past for a good bargain that probably wasn't the best decision. The coupon was left up to the cashier and the manager's decision end of story. There are much more important things to worry about in this world. I hope that everyone can drop this and move forward...I was really enjoying always reading about the good bargains on here and everyone getting excited about BLACK FRIDAY!!! :D It seems like for some reason we have lost why we enjoy coming on here and it's not to yell at each other.

Don't let this keep you from posting. We are all here to 'help' each other get good deals!

...I was really enjoying always reading about the good bargains on here and everyone getting excited about BLACK FRIDAY!!! :D

OMG, how could I forget black Friday is coming up! You have to stick around for that fun. And January clearance is just around the corner, I am really hoping Global Bazaar (or whatever it's called now) will be a good one! That's how I got started on Gottadeal, when I learned I was not the only "perimeter peruser" and markdown staker! :yup:

Hi. I've been lurking for a long time cuz you guys always beat me to it but I think noone has mentioned this yet.

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that they noticed that some clearanced items had had the clearance tags removed and placed back on the shelves. I had noticed this as well. In particular I noticed that the big Deck Boxes had been clearanced to 30% and then suddenly were back on the regular shelves at full price. I had scanned them (boy are they awkward to carry and scan) but no go. Today I was looking at their clearance items and the deck boxes at two of the Targets near me were back with clearance stickers at 30%. One was with all the other clearance stuff in a separate area from outdoor goods (a mix of 30 and 50% off) and at the other store it was in its usual place with outdoor goods but all the clearance stuff had been moved to that aisle (all 30% off).

I had found the deck boxes 75% off a few weeks ago and grabbed one fast! Went to another target that weekend a few hours away from home and they had the very same ones out in a new section at full price.:confused: I was amazed at the price differences in the 3 targets I had gone to. No consitstancy at all! Things would be 75% at one store and 30% at another. My husband was laughing at my frustration, but I am on a mission to decorate our 2nd home with all target 75% off things!!!

I had found the deck boxes 75% off a few weeks ago and grabbed one fast! Went to another target that weekend a few hours away from home and they had the very same ones out in a new section at full price.:confused: I was amazed at the price differences in the 3 targets I had gone to. No consitstancy at all! Things would be 75% at one store and 30% at another. My husband was laughing at my frustration, but I am on a mission to decorate our 2nd home with all target 75% off things!!!

This generally happens where one store has less selling space (smaller store) or has more local competition (Walmart & Home Depot across the street) in a particular department. We have one smaller store that simply closed the garden center entirely because they had Walmart & HD around the corner and could not compete in that area. The same store has a smaller foot print in general and often puts stuff on clearance that other stores are still selling.

###097040398 Circo Kids Storage Bench: $22.48 (75% off)

I was SO excited to find this today! It's one of those benches with three compartments underneath that baskets slide into. It's white and comes with navy blue baskets and a cushion for the top of the bench! I have been looking for one of these for YEARS at a good price!! And there it was, on the bottom shelf with some college towels.

College stuff was 50% off, and I found a Hello Kitty Thermos!

Most college stuf STILL 30%. The organizers stuff was 75% (got 2 storage totes for $3.74), a few comforters were 50% but everything else has not budged. I don't get it. I have been eyeing the ottomans. There are 34 still on the shelf (Yes. I counted them.) Why don't they mark them down???

Found some 3-D puzzles 75% off ($4.98) in the toy department. They are puzzles that if you stack the pieces they turn into a 3-D picture. I bought a Disney princess one, a Tinkerbell one, a horse one, and a dolphin one. They also had an Egyptian one and a Disney Cars ones.

Also found 1 lone Chixos box with 2 girls included (I think) for $2.72 (originally $10.99). Maybe it was leftover from the toy clearance??? There was only 1.

Found some random stuff last night including a total score.

I went through the toy department and saw one of those ride on scooters that went to 75% off. The pink and yellow ones where the kids put theor feet up on it and then steer and it moves. Looks like it's a space ship type thing. Orig. $60. It was only mareked 30% off. I knew they had been long gone, so I grabbed it, Scanned "Item not found" so I approached an employee and said "I know these were clearanced a while ago, it's coming up not found, can you give me the last selling price", so I got it for 14.98!!!! WOO HOO! It was for a good frined who had wanted it, so I called her, and she tells me she had just been through the same target 30 mins before, and it was not there. LOL. I think it was hidden in the back by an employee, and just found and put out. This Target never has any clearance, and there was a ton last nite! Also picked up Wall-E and Littlest Pet Shop sheets at 50% off for 2 other friends. And a 4 x 6 area rug for me for 41.98! and there were many more of these.

This was all at the RI mall Target in Warwick.

Talked to an employee today and she confirmed that she has had to take off clearance stickers on items in the last few weeks. She does not know why corporate is doing that but thinks they are testing new ways of moving items. We found a dollhouse kitchen set from play wonder that were clearanced out in July for 65% today. The deck boxes are back to 30% along with all the rest of the outdoor stuff as well as fans. I'll be shopping some Targets tomorrow afternoon to see what we can find.