Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I'm waiting for this sale since I need a swing urgently. A bouncer and a bathtub would be really nice, too. I went yesterday to two of my targets and didn't see any gear items on clearance at all :( I just saw a crib and only 15 % off and some baby items like layette 30 %. Has anybody seen a swing, bouncer, or bath tub clearanced? If so would you let me know the brand and model or description, maybe I could buy them full price now and then stalk them till I get them 30 % off, that would really help me since I need them now. TIA :) In my run, saw some toddler girl shoes 75 % off.

I haven't seen any swings or bouncers on clearance. The only big things I have seen are convertible carseats, full-size highchairs, strollers, and a changing table.

Saw on the first page of this post it says wednesdays for toys...on a different thread they say thursday...can anyone confirm the correct day?

the first post used to be pretty spot on, until Target started mixing things up a bit and now they don't always do things according to "schedule"

Saw on the first page of this post it says wednesdays for toys...on a different thread they say thursday...can anyone confirm the correct day?

It depends on your Target. Most of my Target do it on Thursday, but I have seen a few that do it on Wed.

Most of our do it Thursdays also, but it really varies. You have to learn your own store and their habits. However, it is also the case that several stores are pretty behind on clearance markdowns (the markdown teams are really busy), so some stores might even do it Fridays. Toys are also typically done in the morning, but it can happen any time of day. Sometimes, when the team is running behind, they'll start one afternoon, then finish in the morning the next day. It really helps to get to know the employees at the store to get good info. And only the markdown team itself ever really knows the scoop.

Nothing new in toys but hit the motherload in domestics. Tons of comforter sets were marked 75% off along with sheets and various bedding. Also found a set of lights with footballs, baseballs, basketballs and soccer balls as covers.

###097022329 circo string light sports theme 3.87 was 15.49

###bedding (comforter sets, sheet sets, various bedding) 75% off

They were marking someof the toys (not many) down to 50% at a couple of stores today. another they were steady. A few new toys added to the clearance. I kind of hope next week isn't the big one, but I expect it to be. It is a little early, and I am going to be traveling that day, so for selfish reasons I hope they drag it out another week or two.

Going to have to go back and check on bedding. We need sheets!

Lots of the clearance Leapfrog stuff were marked down to 50% off today. Leapster (green), Leapster charger, Fridge DJ, some Tag books, some leapster games, etc.

I'm gonna go check mine too, although our stuff tends to be behind everyone else's. I need some Leapster games and will settle for 50% since I'll be out of town the 30th.

If you buy something on clearance and find it cheaper later, can u take it back for an adjustment?

No. There are no price adjustments on clearance items.

What I do is buy the item, wait for it to go cheaper, purchase another one at the cheaper price, then return one of them using the receipt with the higher price. I only do this for items that are 30% or 50% that I really want but am afraid there won't be any left by the time it gets cheaper.

I'm gonna go check mine too, although our stuff tends to be behind everyone else's. I need some Leapster games and will settle for 50% since I'll be out of town the 30th.

If you're buying Leapster games or Tag books on clearance, print out a coupon to use with your purchase! :)

http://www.leapfrog.com/en/landingpages/coupons.html?siteID=RjWYtCqO0.M-5.2xVc_5Zuq9jClvCC5k4Q?siteID=RjWYtCqO0.M-utZoCi.Gjntwf1UvccmHAA

No. There are no price adjustments on clearance items.

What I do is buy the item, wait for it to go cheaper, purchase another one at the cheaper price, then return one of them using the receipt with the higher price. I only do this for items that are 30% or 50% that I really want but am afraid there won't be any left by the time it gets cheaper.

Thank you, i may have to go check to see if my store marked 50% today and buy the geotrax set. I dont want to miss it.

Thank you, i may have to go check to see if my store marked 50% today and buy the geotrax set. I dont want to miss it.

Geotrax were only 30% at my store today. I don't think I'll be back at the store in time to get one at 50% (there were only 2 boxes), so I went ahead and bought one. Hopefully I will get lucky and find one at 50%...then I can return one at the 30% price. If you are looking for the Road Track Pack, I can give you the DPCI so you can just call to see what the price is. Just let me know and I'll dig out my receipt. Sorry, I don't know the DPCIs for the other GeoTrax stuff that's on clearance though.

check the shoe dept. Went today and scored big time on children's shoe's 75% off. Picked up two different disney princess one pink with silver bow, and one pink and brown with all the princesses on them. Also got my DS a pair of brown boat shoes and a pair of white/black shoes that look like addidas but are cherokee brand.

Geotrax were only 30% at my store today. I don't think I'll be back at the store in time to get one at 50% (there were only 2 boxes), so I went ahead and bought one. Hopefully I will get lucky and find one at 50%...then I can return one at the 30% price. If you are looking for the Road Track Pack, I can give you the DPCI so you can just call to see what the price is. Just let me know and I'll dig out my receipt. Sorry, I don't know the DPCIs for the other GeoTrax stuff that's on clearance though.

I had them scan the track pack at my store, and it was still only 30%. :(

If you're buying Leapster games or Tag books on clearance, print out a coupon to use with your purchase! :)

http://www.leapfrog.com/en/landingpages/coupons.html?siteID=RjWYtCqO0.M-5.2xVc_5Zuq9jClvCC5k4Q?siteID=RjWYtCqO0.M-utZoCi.Gjntwf1UvccmHAA

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already used mine on the Leapster Star Wars a few weeks back. How often do they reset your print limit?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already used mine on the Leapster Star Wars a few weeks back. How often do they reset your print limit?

Hmmm...I don't know how often they reset things. I just use another computer to print out another one or I ask friends/family to print them for me.

Hmmm...I don't know how often they reset things. I just use another computer to print out another one or I ask friends/family to print them for me.

Interesting note about having others print the coupon: My DH and my parents have all "updated" their computers to Internet Explorer 8 and they won't print the coupons. Don't know why, so no extra coupons for me.

Interesting note about having others print the coupon: My DH and my parents have all "updated" their computers to Internet Explorer 8 and they won't print the coupons. Don't know why, so no extra coupons for me.

Probably a software compatibility thing. I can't print them because we don't use Mac or Windows OS, so I always have to get others to print them.

Seems they've dropped the limit to 2, now instead of 4. Just had someone print them for me.

Edited by lovetoshopCA

I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, and its not a 'Clearance' deal - but hopefully still OK to put here. Target has a $1 off web coupon for Kashi cereal exp. 8/8/09 (I get my coups at the organic grocery coupon generator page). There are some small Kashi to-go type cereal bowls near the end of the isle at our target for $1 each. I tried it out last night and the coupon worked fine. Free cereal! It states one per transaction on the coupon, but no size limit. HTH!

Don't know if anyone has tried yet, so I thought I would put it out there...

I did a competitors add price match at Super Target today, and it was a very easy experience. I used a Price Chopper (grocery) ad for a 3 day sale on the giant Tropicana OJ. I had a Target mailer coupon for 75 cents off making the giant (89 ou I think) jug for $2.25; (I should also note that it said in quite big letters on the Price Chopper ad (WITH Chopper Shopper card-- which is their loyalty card). Customer service never said anything about that when she matched their price. (YMMV of course and I know price matching is a pretty new thing, so maybe that will change. Just sayin' no probs for me on the loyalty card wording.)

Also matched Driscols strawberries in the Hy-Vee grocery ad for $1.48- less the $1 Target mailer coup (48 cents) and the JIF PB for $1.97 (97 cents)-- not necessarily a great price even after the Target $1 coup, but I needed it.

So, if anyone was wondering about Target price matching, that was my experience... only 3 items, but she was very friendly about it. I actually stopped at CS BEFORE I shopped to understand how exactly it worked. It's a little bit of a hassle to have to ring through the line and THEN go to CS for the adjustment, but it could be worth it to shop at ONE place plus Target allows manuf. coups + their own coups, so there could be some potentially good deals. I just really don't care for Walmart, so I don't go to that store hardly ever even though they've been matching prices forever and this isn't really a new concept.

HTH

Edited by KC-Traderbear

wow -- all toy ailes are on clearnace.. but its very frustrating to find one stopre has this and other dont..

i m in MN, and twin cities downtown store is still sitting at 30% except for leapfrog for 50%

and some toys 50% .. but thomas and geotrax are still 30%

same here only 2 boxes of geotrax org 32.99 down to 23.09 so went ahead n bought it anyway. had coupon of $5 off on 50 on homegoods.. cashier was talling me only home good but she scanned it and it took it so i was lucky .. i had some more stuff for home.

if somebody is tracking here ..fyi i went yesterday thursday morning and in burnsville store in evening .. bigger one in burnsville so large selection and lot of things to chose from .

forgot to mention.. talked to one of the employee .. he mentioned they are clearing out floors for new toys for fall and extended Christmas shopping this year in eary August.

he said most probably First week of august or second week of august. so i am assuming they wont go to 75% off till last week of July here in Minneapolis for sure.

my target doesn't even have toy clearance all in one isle anymore! its scattered within the isles...so frustrating. I don't think the PTA will be as happy with me this year as they were last, the deals just aren't there! :no:

That is how my target also has the toy clearance. UGGGGG.

my target doesn't even have toy clearance all in one isle anymore! its scattered within the isles...so frustrating. I don't think the PTA will be as happy with me this year as they were last, the deals just aren't there! :no:

That is how my target also has the toy clearance. UGGGGG.

around here, I prefer this! I've noticed that items stay on clearance longer if they're in the aisles where other Perimeter Perusers won't bother to look if they don't see a clearance endcap :)

more chance for me to get something at 50-75% off instead of 30%!