Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Cleveland, TN - Got tons of stuff for 75% off at the dollar spot and picked up a waffle iron for $7...not clearance, but still an ok deal. We also picked up two MM last weekend in Hixson, TN. They had a lot of toys mostly at 30%, but a few at 50%. I got two different pairs of toddler girl's shoes for 75% at $3.xx and a pair of big boy's shoes for $10.xx at 50%.

You have to pay full price at the checkout and then go to Guest Services with your ad for a price adjustment. :rolleyes:

The return of "price matching" at Target was announced a few weeks ago. It made the local Minneapolis/St. Paul news.

If I remember correctly, they said that you had to bring in the COMPLETE competitors advertisement and check out at Customer Service, not the regular registers.

Hope this helps!:yup:

The return of "price matching" at Target was announced a few weeks ago. It made the local Minneapolis/St. Paul news.

If I remember correctly, they said that you had to bring in the COMPLETE competitors advertisement and check out at Customer Service, not the regular registers.

Hope this helps!:yup:

yep. Here's the details: (from http://pressroom.target.com/pr/news/value/our-low-price-promise-facts.aspx)

Within seven days of purchase, guests can bring the actual printed competitor ad and a Target receipt of purchase of the same item to our in-store Guest Service area to receive a price adjustment. Photos/copies of advertisements or receipts will not be accepted.

In an effort to ensure that our checkout lanes are efficient and quick for our guests, we’ll handle price matches at our Guest Service desk. If a guest wants to do a price match in the checkout lane, our team members will ring up an item at the current price and then direct the guest to the Guest Service desk to do the price adjustment.

Price matching will apply to current, local print ads for in-store products only. Our price-match policy is not applicable to Target.com or other online ads. The following is a full list of exclusions:

• Target.com or online retail promotion
  • Competitor’s Free Product
  • GiftCards
  • Limited quantity items
  • Open box or damaged
  • Clearance or closeout
  • Mail-in offers
  • Services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
  • Bundle offers
  • Special order
  • Sales-tax promotions
  • Liquidation/going out of business
  • Special financing
  • Coupons
  • Used or previously owned
  • Display merchandise
  • Pricing or typographical errors
  • Club or loyalty

There is really nothing I want anyway. They had some red or blue stackable chairs that were 29.99....but I didn't see any clearance signs near them, they were far from the stuff marked 30% and there were a ton of them.

I wasn't picking one up to carry waaay over to scan, even if they were 19.99 I wouldn't want them.....maybe I'd buy one for 10.....

tip- if your store has the scanners w/ the black buttons on the side, you can put the dpci number into your cellphone and then go over and type it into the price scanner to do a price check. soooooo much easier than lugging anything over to the scanner and then trying to get the barcode under it.

tip- if your store has the scanners w/ the black buttons on the side, you can put the dpci number into your cellphone and then go over and type it into the price scanner to do a price check. soooooo much easier than lugging anything over to the scanner and then trying to get the barcode under it.

wow that's a great idea thks so much for the tip!!!:):):):)

People bought the Sunny Patch and Patio stuff here when it was 30 and 50% - do they really need it that bad? So none for me - I am waiting for the end of season clearance on the clothes and shoes - when they get to 75% off. It has to be soon since they have already brought out school supplies.

Ours Sunny Patch is still marked 30% off.:no:

Dollar spot black dot items were 75% off today

Gone. There was nothing this morning first thing.

4th of July items were 90% off today. Got some children's clothes that don't look 4th of July.

Gone. Nothing at our store at all.

The markdown team was scanning toys this morning. All I can figure is they are waaaay behind. :confused:

I have been watching the Wii games for weeks and weeks and weeks. Still at 50% off. Maybe our slow markdown team hasn't gotten to them yet. I'm getting really irritated waiting. I have to go back to work next week, so I was hoping for some luck today.

that is wonderful idea!!! I have done that before when not having any paper, so I could recall a price on something....like a wii game, or a lamp, when running from 1 store to another...

THANKS.

Those same big chairs are same price as of last night (blue/red) only 1 table at 75% off and it is wicker coffee table...:no:

Bummer! You notice the Club/Loyalty exclusion? That will knock out most of the good grocery deals entirely since they tend to be for loyalty card holders. Still, it may be a good thing.

Probably knocks out anything in a CVS ad, too...:(

Anyone watching baby stuff? I have seen lots of red tags pop up on the big ticket items (to me big ticket=strollers, travel systems, pack-n-plays, etc) I'm watching a stroller but when I went to see if it had gotten marked down more yesterday, it was only marked 15% off! Anyone else eyeing baby stuff???

Anyone watching baby stuff? I have seen lots of red tags pop up on the big ticket items (to me big ticket=strollers, travel systems, pack-n-plays, etc) I'm watching a stroller but when I went to see if it had gotten marked down more yesterday, it was only marked 15% off! Anyone else eyeing baby stuff???

Me! :) There isn't many clearance items at my stores. The things that are marked are only 30% off.

Surprisingly, there were lots of 75% off Sunny Patch rainboots left at my Targets. I was a little surprised.

Anyone know when the summer toys get marked down? I'm waiting for the big yellow + blue dump truck to go on clearance. There are tons of toys in the aisles that are marked 30% off, but none of the actual summer toys are.

Anyone know when the summer toys get marked down? I'm waiting for the big yellow + blue dump truck to go on clearance. There are tons of toys in the aisles that are marked 30% off, but none of the actual summer toys are.

They usually don't get marked down till about a week or 2 after the regular toy clearance. Maddening, isn't it?

found Wall E Wii game & Tiger Woods Golf Wii game for 75% off. They had other stuff too.

Our Wii games got marked down again too. I picked up Need for Speed for 12.48 (reg 49.99). Also saw Wall E, a bowling game, some "girl" games and an outdoor party games one that I hadn't seen before. All were 50 or 75% off.

A few more toys were marked 30% that hadn't been marked as of Sunday when I was there last, but they hadn't taken any additional discounts yet on what had already been marked. I'm hoping that they start trying to move some product on Thursday...They seem to be getting ready for something at ours.

I'm waiting for this sale since I need a swing urgently. A bouncer and a bathtub would be really nice, too. I went yesterday to two of my targets and didn't see any gear items on clearance at all :( I just saw a crib and only 15 % off and some baby items like layette 30 %. Has anybody seen a swing, bouncer, or bath tub clearanced? If so would you let me know the brand and model or description, maybe I could buy them full price now and then stalk them till I get them 30 % off, that would really help me since I need them now. TIA :) In my run, saw some toddler girl shoes 75 % off.

found Wall E Wii game & Tiger Woods Golf Wii game for 75% off. They had other stuff too.

Our Wii games got marked down again too. I picked up Need for Speed for 12.48 (reg 49.99). Also saw Wall E, a bowling game, some "girl" games and an outdoor party games one that I hadn't seen before. All were 50 or 75% off.

Do you have the DCPI #'s for the Wii games? Thanks!!!

Saw on the first page of this post it says wednesdays for toys...on a different thread they say thursday...can anyone confirm the correct day?

It depends on your Target. Most of my Target do it on Thursday, but I have seen a few that do it on Wed.