Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

patio furniture 75% off- mostly gone

Toys all mostly 30-50% off, tons of stuff in every aisle. No Star Wars pool toys though and I looked everywhere =(

The stores here marked those down a few weeks ago so could explain why you can't find them......??

What is markdown schedule for Patio? I was at Target Tues. p.m. in North area of Pittsburgh---- all 30%, been that for 2 weeks.

There is really nothing I want anyway. They had some red or blue stackable chairs that were 29.99....but I didn't see any clearance signs near them, they were far from the stuff marked 30% and there were a ton of them.

I wasn't picking one up to carry waaay over to scan, even if they were 19.99 I wouldn't want them.....maybe I'd buy one for 10.....

I could've tried another Target but busy with outside choirs...

What is markdown schedule for Patio? I was at Target Tues. p.m. in North area of Pittsburgh---- all 30%, been that for 2 weeks.

There is really nothing I want anyway. They had some red or blue stackable chairs that were 29.99....but I didn't see any clearance signs near them, they were far from the stuff marked 30% and there were a ton of them.

I wasn't picking one up to carry waaay over to scan, even if they were 19.99 I wouldn't want them.....maybe I'd buy one for 10.....

I could've tried another Target but busy with outside choirs...

The red and blue chairs were not clearanced at our Target, I actually scanned the tag and wasn't on sale. It looked like two different types of patio stuff (maybe makers or ?) because some of the items weren't even slightly discounted. Ours had the 4 pack of chairs left and a patio couch type seat, artificial flowers, some pots and little items and plants.

Curious if others stalking toys found a ton of Legos marked 30% off. It occurs to me that they may drag this out again this year if not.They are clearancing most of the Indiana Jones Legos (not all, though), and I realized that one of my stores didn't get them marked down yesterday. These will definitely clearance at all stores because Lego discontinued them, so hopefully that doesn't mean they are dragging things out.

Curious if others stalking toys found a ton of Legos marked 30% off. It occurs to me that they may drag this out again this year if not.They are clearancing most of the Indiana Jones Legos (not all, though), and I realized that one of my stores didn't get them marked down yesterday. These will definitely clearance at all stores because Lego discontinued them, so hopefully that doesn't mean they are dragging things out.

There was not one red tag on ANYTHING lego at my store Wednesday. Looks to be another long toy clearance.:(

Wahoo, :cheesy:yesterday @ Boise Target on Milwaukee st found

###084093485 Mission 3 tiered fountain $74.75 This sucker is HUGE

Lucky you! I had my eye on that fountain all season.

As luck would have it, my son's truck wouldn't start Tuesday morning (when I knew they were marking to 75%), so I wasn't able to get any furniture or other "big" stuff -- like that dang fountain (there were 3 left).

By the time his truck was fixed later in the afternoon, it was ALL gone! Guess I'll try again next year. ;)

Went yesterday. I managed to befriend a worker who was in the process of marking down toys. I played dumb :D and asked whats with the big toy clearance?!? She said every year we mark stuff down, so we can make room for new Christmas toys. (DUH!) I asked her if there was gonna be more items clearanced. She said there was and told me that they were randomly marking things down, to which I replied "Wow, I should start my Christmas shopping". ;) She said most people wait for the big deals like 50% or 75%. I asked well when does that happen. Her reply...:( "It just depends, some stuff now some stuff later, but seems like a lot of stuff is gettin snatched up early this year. I don't foresee there being much left at the big discounts."

Lucky you! I had my eye on that fountain all season.

As luck would have it, my son's truck wouldn't start Tuesday morning (when I knew they were marking to 75%), so I wasn't able to get any furniture or other "big" stuff -- like that dang fountain (there were 3 left).

By the time his truck was fixed later in the afternoon, it was ALL gone! Guess I'll try again next year. ;)

Don't you hate that! I have seen people leave large items that they have paid for at Customer Service until they can pick them up, but I think they will only hold them until the end of the day, so it's risky if you don't have transportation (and in my opinion, risky in general). It probably wasn't meant to be!

I am excited about my upcoming vacation, but sad because I will be missing the entire Toy/Baby clearance frenzy - I know, it is so wrong! I am consoling myself by looking forward to the big January clearance.

Don't you hate that! I have seen people leave large items that they have paid for at Customer Service until they can pick them up, but I think they will only hold them until the end of the day, so it's risky if you don't have transportation (and in my opinion, risky in general). It probably wasn't meant to be!

It is not risky at all to purchase something and leave it at a store to pick up later, people do it all the time and not just at Target. (I just did it at Kmart last week and didn't pick up my dryer for 3 days) You usually have to show a receipt in order to pick up the item & if they can't find the item for whatever reason they would have to give you a refund.

It is not risky at all to purchase something and leave it at a store to pick up later, people do it all the time and not just at Target. (I just did it at Kmart last week and didn't pick up my dryer for 3 days) You usually have to show a receipt in order to pick up the item & if they can't find the item for whatever reason they would have to give you a refund.

Target won't hold anything that long. They'll return it to inventory and give you a refund.

I so have to go look for that- my son's b-day is in less than two weeks and I have gotten nothing yet! He will be 14, but he loves Star Wars and found that in a magazine and said he wants it! Crossing my fingers!

I found one of these today. It wasn't in the pool section. Was more by the big storage shelves. It did have a red sticker and 5.98 was 75% off!

I didn't buy it though, left it for someone else.

Forgot to post I found these (OBI-WAN KENOBI'S JEDI STARFIGHTER Ride-on Pool Float) for 5.98 and not sure what the original price was, but very happy to have scored them. Didn't have tags and were "hidden" behind some other toy items. Sooo glad my youngest has eagle eyes!

[ATTACH]2995[/ATTACH]

Great find. I found one today and the 5.98 was 75% off.

People bought the Sunny Patch and Patio stuff here when it was 30 and 50% - do they really need it that bad? So none for me - I am waiting for the end of season clearance on the clothes and shoes - when they get to 75% off. It has to be soon since they have already brought out school supplies.

But my point was that they will hold it for the rest of the day, and it's safe to do that.

Actually, I asked, and my Target wouldn't hold it for even an hour.

In fact, while I was there some employees were discussing how a lady has just left a flatbed full of patio furniture at customer service and said she had been given permission to pick it up at lunchtime. They were trying to figure out who gave her permission, went back and forth on their walkie-talkies, decided nobody did and headed over to put it back on the floor. I was shocked.

What they WERE willing to do was hold stuff on a flatbed until people checked out.

4th of July items were 90% off today. Got some children's clothes that don't look 4th of July. Look for blue tag children's clothing mixed in with the clearance items. Boys shorts that are solid brown, jean, and blue striped (39 - 59 cents). Flag design boy's swim shorts. Girls solid colored skorts and shirts (49 cents). Cute toddler girls shirts (69 cents).

People bought the Sunny Patch and Patio stuff here when it was 30 and 50% - do they really need it that bad? So none for me - I am waiting for the end of season clearance on the clothes and shoes - when they get to 75% off. It has to be soon since they have already brought out school supplies.

You might check the garden center. Our store moved it all out there to make room for BTS. It could still be there.

Actually, I asked, and my Target wouldn't hold it for even an hour.

In fact, while I was there some employees were discussing how a lady has just left a flatbed full of patio furniture at customer service and said she had been given permission to pick it up at lunchtime. They were trying to figure out who gave her permission, went back and forth on their walkie-talkies, decided nobody did and headed over to put it back on the floor. I was shocked.

What they WERE willing to do was hold stuff on a flatbed until people checked out.

That's been my experience at Target too. I have managed to get them to hold something for me once in a while because they know me so well, but our stores won't do it in general. When they did patio clearance last year, I was just lucky to have a friend with me who went to get his truck.

At the Jan. toy clearance I bought a Smores horse and I could not fit it my vehicle and I asked if they would hold it until I could come back for it later. I asked around 8am and I went back for it around 7pm and they had it in a room next to customer service so that no one would ask if they could buy it. So they will hold it sometimes

A lot of it has to do with whether or not the item is paid for. If you have paid for it and ask them to hold it while you go get a larger vehicle, that is one thing. But if you call them and ask them to hold an item for you so can come in and buy it later, that is different. It all depends on the definition of "hold".

A lot of it has to do with whether or not the item is paid for. If you have paid for it and ask them to hold it while you go get a larger vehicle, that is one thing. But if you call them and ask them to hold an item for you so can come in and buy it later, that is different. It all depends on the definition of "hold".

That is definitely true. But our local stores will not hold paid for merchandise. I've asked before when I bought something large, and they said no, not longer than a few minutes while you pull your vehicle up. Must be store by store.

That is definitely true. But our local stores will not hold paid for merchandise. I've asked before when I bought something large, and they said no, not longer than a few minutes while you pull your vehicle up. Must be store by store.

Ours is like yours... they will take it to the front for you... ours will even hold it for an hour if you need to get transportation (had to go get the truck once) ... but once it is paid for.. they will not hold it because they dont want to be responsible for it.

So what has everyone seen clearanced for toys, that they are waiting for 75% off to snatch up?:D I am writing my list. (who I can get what for - for christmas, and birthday parties)

I deff want to grab:

Thomas stuff - we got the train table at the last sale for the 75% off!:D

Room hanger - where you can put the stuff animals and toys in it? any one have these? do they work good?

Legos

Matchbox sets

Can you tell I have a boy?:tongue1: