Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

small finds today:

###25-303-0026 8pk target paper towels $3.48 (50% off)

###08-101-1050 350ct filler paper $.48 (75% off)

also got 2pks ###00-707-0104 $.99 after coupon

only used the 2 I was allotted

I would hate for target to stop accepting them - I always see signs with different various printed coupons that they are no longer accepting because of all the fraud

Oh, for those who have wine in their stores, the clearance wine went 75% today. The red Franciscan Cabernet is really nice (original price in CA was $24.99) and the Oko Pinot Grigio is a really nice white wine to drink with food (original price in CA was $10.99). Not sure the prices in other areas, and I know not everyone has wine. For those who do, it can be worthwhile to buy a bottle when they are 50% off to see if they are any good. I managed to get several bottles of each today at 75%!

Went to Target today and found 5 of those Crayola backpack things from the Valentine's clearance. Of course they rang up 0.00. I also found a Cherry Blossom Market that rang up 0.00. I found a lady to scan it and give me a price and she said she didn't think she was supposed to sell those to me. I asked why not very innocently, and she told me she would give the backpack to me for 2.00. I then asked her about the Market and she said 75% off of what it rang up, so it came out to 3.xx!!!!! I was so excited.

Other than that, nothing fantastic.

Oh, for those who have wine in their stores, the clearance wine went 75% today. The red Franciscan Cabernet is really nice (original price in CA was $24.99) and the Oko Pinot Grigio is a really nice white wine to drink with food (original price in CA was $10.99). Not sure the prices in other areas, and I know not everyone has wine. For those who do, it can be worthwhile to buy a bottle when they are 50% off to see if they are any good. I managed to get several bottles of each today at 75%!

I didn't even know Target carried wine! I wish one around me did. Boo.:(

Ahhhhh. I agree. I would have never brought it up if the talk was going to turn into how to use it WRONG. Just please take the two coupons the website gives you and be happy. I'm sure that there will be more Huggies coupons coming in the future!

No worries KC its not you.There is always gonna be someone trying to cheat the system like .99 cent wipes arent good enough.Lets not be happy with 2 packs lets get them all.LOL.

Yesterday, I went to a familiar Target. I know them...they know me. (Just writing that should be a red flag! :yup:)

Anyway, I found some toys from the big clearance back in January. Some of it still had the 75% off clearance price stickers on it.

All of it rung up 0.00. The cashier immediately pulled it off to the side and called the front end manager.

She said that they are told and it is highly enforced that they are unable to sell any item that comes up INF or 0.00.

The manager took all the stuff away immediately! I was very surprised! She also said that their loss prevention

is trying to track down customers who purposely hide merchandise. I have never been successful in "misplacing" anything.

What could they do if they see you hiding items?

Yesterday, I went to a familiar Target. I know them...they know me. (Just writing that should be a red flag! :yup:)

Anyway, I found some toys from the big clearance back in January. Some of it still had the 75% off clearance price stickers on it.

All of it rung up 0.00. The cashier immediately pulled it off to the side and called the front end manager.

She said that they are told and it is highly enforced that they are unable to sell any item that comes up INF or 0.00.

The manager took all the stuff away immediately! I was very surprised! She also said that their loss prevention

is trying to track down customers who purposely hide merchandise. I have never been successful in "misplacing" anything.

I would think they would put a little more effort in keeping merchandise they don't want to sell off the shelves. It would seem to me that those items were probably returns. I think items like those should be sold to the customer regardless. It's the stores fault they didn't pull it in time. IMO....

Honestly, what are they going to do? "Ma'am, you are under arrest for hiding product behind pillows in this target, you have the right to an attorney if you can't afford one, we will find one for you"

Like getting a good deal is such a crime.

Honestly, what are they going to do? "Ma'am, you are under arrest for hiding product behind pillows in this target, you have the right to an attorney if you can't afford one, we will find one for you"

Like getting a good deal is such a crime.

They can tell you that you aren't allowed to come back to the store or all the regional stores. One person on this list was told she could not come back because they thought she was hiding stuff, but she was actually innocent. Corporate overrode it, but they can enforce it.

That said, they generally just ring it up at the stated price on the ticket if it has one. I always give them a bit of a fit when they do stuff like that.

That said, they generally just ring it up at the stated price on the ticket if it has one. I always give them a bit of a fit when they do stuff like that.

I usually would have put up a fight for the items. It just really caught me off guard!

It seemed to happen so fast, and I was in shock!!

I usually would have put up a fight for the items. It just really caught me off guard!

It seemed to happen so fast, and I was in shock!!

I remember that happened to me years and years ago with some candy corn after Halloween. This was really even before I understood the whole salvage thing. I simply asked how much it was and they swooped it outta my hands like it was a package of nuclear waste. I still remember laughing so hard I almost fell over. It was just a bag of candy corn, which I LOVE and it seemed so ridiculous. Now, I understand a bit more about the whole process and that many stores won't sell that stuff, etc., etc., etc.... But, if you haven't experienced the "OMG, we can't sell THAT to you!" -- it can be kind of funny at the time.

... not for nothin', but when/if I do find something that rings up not found and I REALLY want it, I never throw out a 90% off price. I always just go to the 75% off price, especially if the price is actually on the item. It just seems like I have better luck that way and cashiers are a bit more likely to just enter the price rather than talk to an LOD about it if the price I give isn't so insanely low.

I would think they would put a little more effort in keeping merchandise they don't want to sell off the shelves. It would seem to me that those items were probably returns. I think items like those should be sold to the customer regardless. It's the stores fault they didn't pull it in time. IMO....

I agree. Alot of times I find the stuff sitting right out in the open. Anymore, I scan the items I know are holiday stuff and if it comes up INF or 0.0, I don't even bother anymore. They always treat me like I'm trying to pull a fast one and make me feel like a criminal when I find these items. :( And most of the time if they will sell it to me, I have to pay full price so always leave it behind.

I didn't even know Target carried wine! I wish one around me did. Boo.:(

Here in TX it is county by county. Closest one carries beer/wine, one just across the county line does not (same with grocery stores).

I will have to check for the 75% off wine, around here it seems to be gone at 50%.

Got some heaters 75% off and was going to tuck them away for next year (85 degrees here today :eyepoppin) but thought I should try them out first. Good thing I did, the small Sunbeam fan one was SOOO LOUD, and a larger tower one had an annoying buzz sound. I looked for the silent/macathermic ones but they are long gone - so back the heaters went. A bargain isn't a bargain if you can't use it!

Thanks for posting this. My little one is too big for size 2's and I never thought to look for wipes!!!! I got 6 (all legal coupons from multiple computers....) bags today for $0.99 each!!! We go through lots of wipes so definitely a GREAT deal :)

Were you able to use all 6 during the same transaction? Did that raise any questions?

Also, does anyone know if the sale $5.99 price is still available and when it will be over?

Edited by arelf27

Were you able to use all 6 during the same transaction? Did that raise any questions?

Also, does anyone know if the sale $5.99 price is still available and when it will be over?

That is the regular price at my store.

I purchased 6 bags in one transaction and didn't have any problems. I don't know if it made a difference to the cashier, but all my coupons were in color (I used 3 different computers to print out coupons), so there weren't any question whether or not they were copies.

$5.99 is the regular price of wipes at my Target.

I purchased 6 bags in one transaction and didn't have any problems. I don't know if it made a difference to the cashier, but all my coupons were in color (I used 3 different computers to print out coupons), so there weren't any question whether or not they were copies.

I tried to print one this morning and the website said it exceeded it's limit. :mad::(:no::no::no:

I tried to print one this morning and the website said it exceeded it's limit. :mad::(:no::no::no:

That's odd. I just went to coupons.com on another computer I haven't printed the coupon from and it's allowing me to print 2 more. It usually only says that if you've already printed the coupon twice.

Lots of price increases around the store this week. If you are buying everyday items, you might want to be sure to double check the prices. They were raising the price of checkout candy today. DS is going to be very upset next time he goes to buy a Hershey bar. :no: Saw several increases in toys as well as food.

I had to get garbage bags last night so of course I went to target...anyway found cherry nutrigrain bars on endcap for 1.27 each bought all 10 of them..with the promotion going on right now I got 2 $5 gift cards back and used a coupon..so 12.70 for 10 boxes minus $10 in gift cards and $2 coupon.......I got 10 boxes for .70 total!!!!! 7 cents a box!!

Lots of price increases around the store this week. If you are buying everyday items, you might want to be sure to double check the prices. They were raising the price of checkout candy today. DS is going to be very upset next time he goes to buy a Hershey bar. :no: Saw several increases in toys as well as food.

Also check the large packs of soda. They are starting to change the packaging. Instead of 24 cans of pop it is 20 cans. Even if the prices are the same on items, they have decreased the size of the box or bag in many cases.

I used all 6 at 1 time and had no problems. The $5.99 price is the standard shelf price here.

HTH!

I used all 6 at 1 time and had no problems. The $5.99 price is the standard shelf price here.

HTH!

I had a question regarding the coupon for wipies/diapers. Is it a better deal to buy the wipies at target with the coupons or wait for the walgreens special next week?

TIA

One other question- I went in and bought one, but have another coupon. Did you have to get the sensitive ones? The coupon says a gentle care product. In my store, the only gentle care wipes are the sensitive ones... or am I missing something?

One other question- I went in and bought one, but have another coupon. Did you have to get the sensitive ones? The coupon says a gentle care product. In my store, the only gentle care wipes are the sensitive ones... or am I missing something?

they only had the sensitive ones at my store also