Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I'm thinking they want everything cleared out by Monday so they can change the whole area that vday and home event were in and put whatever is next in (maybe grills/patio sets?). So by that logic it could be tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't go 90 until Saturday. That way the vday stuff would be 90 for Saturday and Sunday and everything would probably clear out. I'd love it if it went 90 tomorrow, though.

They've already put bulk items in again here. The Home Design Event will probably go to more patio/summer stuff.

That's why it's kind of a good idea to just browse the v-day aisle before stuff goes clearance. There is so much left just randomly around the store. If you know what's part of the holiday stuff, you can find some nice treasures. I found a little crayola backpack thing filled with sidewalk chalk, markers, etc... regular $10 down to $2.50. It was around the stationery aisle end cap in plain sight.

LOTS of valentines pixos around the stores here. My 7 yo really likes them. She got the Pixo pen holder thingy for Christmas, but honestly, if I had it to do over, I would have just bought the beads and the templates. It's faster and easier for her to just do it with her fingers rather than load up the pen. The v-day packs were very pricey to begin with $5.99 regular price, but on sale, they are cute and include a string so that kids can make a heart necklace.

**I agree with you on checking out stuff ahead of time!! I find that I find the best deals at Target when things are not marked or marked incorrectly but I know that they should be 75%. This is the 1st time I was shopping V-Day stuff..so lesson learned for next year :)

We too have lots of pixos here.. I bought 3 to try them out. (Bought a whole kit of some other type of beads during Amazon Toy sale too, so maybe dd3 and I can compare which is better)

Greeting cards aren't part of holiday clearance. The card company rep comes back in and takes them all away. Sort of like how a majority of books and DVDs don't go either. (Although, I know some have been found, so I don't know the magic behind which ones go and which ones don't.)

**Thank You! I was wondering if that's how it worked.. It just seemed strange how they have a whole end cap full of these still lying around..

Found quite a few of the Color Wonder mini sets for $1.49 in the regular aisles. Of course I put quite a few of them there before leaving for vacation on the 13th, but they were still there today! Lots of Color Explosion too, but I don't like them. The Color Wonder sets are $1.24, by the way.

Found a few pink Domos and a single Kelly doll. Also found 2 of the Hello Kitty Pez sets.

**At one of the Targets here they were all in the regular isle. I think they had at least 6. I bought 5 by now - 2 Diego, 2 Dora, 1 Cars and 2 Color Explosion ones. (I seriously doubt anyone here knows these are a part of the V-Day sale or that they were even ever in the V-Day isle. Because if they were why are they all in the regular isle now?) (Now I wonder if I should have left them all there and came back when it turned 90%)

Also, not sure if anyone has already mentioned these or not, but I found 2 heart-shaped doodles in the regular isle Today. One is pink and the other is purple. They were just hanging in with the other travel sized ones but since they were hearts I knew to scan them.

Not sure of the price but they are regulary around $8 and these were around $2 I think.

The Dollar spot had 30% signs but things scanned 50 cents. It was pretty bare though (but this was the 1st time I remembered to check it so not sure what was there before.) I just got a pair of rubber gloves for housework and some cute small fabric Hello Kitty bags for goodie bags for dd's B-Day.

Bath stuff went 75% so I got that kid see-through plastic shower curtain with frogs, ducks, etc. for $3.xx and will return the one I bought for $7.xx (at 50%)

Shabby Chick stuff went 75% at the one Target (not sure they even had anything on clearnce from this line at the other Target.) I know someone was asking about it. I finally bought dd this very cute sheets set for $10. It was the white one with flowers. They also had a solid pink one and a white one 75% off. Will be perfect with Shabby Chic Ballerina quilt I bought earlier for summer bedding (can't believe I saw 2 of these Ballerina quilts still lying around on the end cap.)

Also bought a sofa slip cover 75% - around $20 - brown, they also had cherry. I have been seeing a lot of the one piece and two piece slip covers for a love seat and for a chair in the end caps of several Targets.

Found those twistable pencils 12 pks. in the regular isle across from the color wonder sets.

Also in the Toy section - end cap - some of the card pkgs. had clearance signs next to them but they were all gone. I think they all hit 75% since I found Elmo alphabet cards set in a different isle that looked like it was out of place and it scanned $1 (75%).

Some of the party stuff (like cake candles) were on clearance I think maybe 50%? And lots of discounts in the wedding and baby papper stuff...

Also on the end cap in the bath/hygene stuff they had very cute sets of 2 hair clips and a band with bunnies on it and it said final price .99. (75%) They had at least 20 of these so not sure what that was all about. No regular red tags either - just this big bar code thing sticker with the .99 cents price printed right on there. Usually I see this on returns but this wasn't one item.. I just thought these would be perfect for Easter.

Can't believe clearance books are still at 50%.

The Thomas toys that were clearance went 75% yesterday. I was pretty sure they would, so I just moved what I wanted to another shelf in the department, and they were still there when I returned.

Also, forgot to mention that there was an entire box of Hot Wheels Valentines in a go-backs cart in the aisle next to Vday stuff. I dumped it straight into my cart. I cut the tops off and just leave the car for bday goodie bags.

The Thomas toys that were clearance went 75% yesterday. I was pretty sure they would, so I just moved what I wanted to another shelf in the department, and they were still there when I returned.

Also, forgot to mention that there was an entire box of Hot Wheels Valentines in a go-backs cart in the aisle next to Vday stuff. I dumped it straight into my cart. I cut the tops off and just leave the car for bday goodie bags.

WOW I wish I could be so Lucky!!

Vday still 75% here :( Maybe tomorrow.....

Did get a bathmat I saw last week at 50%. Got it at 75%. And the faux leopard and mink throws were finally 75%- 6.24 each sorry, no DCPI.

###064050337 aqua bathmat with white polka dots 4.98

I went back and checked Christmas clearance and.... Dec. 30th = 75% = a Tue. Jan. 6th = 90% = Tue. Valentine's so far...... Feb. 17th = 75% = a Tue. Sooooo, I'm going to say that they will probably go 90% on the 24th which is a Tue. Tue works best for me anyway. LOL.

Dollar spot seems to go on Friday's. Christmas dollar spot went 75% on a friday, and then today the V-day dollar spot went 50%.

I went back and checked Christmas clearance and.... Dec. 30th = 75% = a Tue. Jan. 6th = 90% = Tue. Valentine's so far...... Feb. 17th = 75% = a Tue. Sooooo, I'm going to say that they will probably go 90% on the 24th which is a Tue. Tue works best for me anyway. LOL.

Dollar spot seems to go on Friday's. Christmas dollar spot went 75% on a friday, and then today the V-day dollar spot went 50%.

Christmas clearance is more spread out then the other holidays usually but than again, Target hasn't done anything as usual this year LOL

**What were the Thomas toys?? Because we had ours go a couple of weeks ago so I'm wondering if you're talking about the same thing? (I haven't seen any additional Thomas clearance stuff at any of the Target's here either)

We had pkg. of 2 or 3 take along ones (one was blue Thomas with red dots all over)

Also there were a couple of plastic sets (take-along) - one was with helicopter and the other looked like a house or garage or something like that with a train I think..

(BTW I still have to figure out how it all works. I keep buying all these Take Along plastic sets. They can all be put together, right?)

Wow so envious on the hot wheels stuff. I haven't seen a single pkg. here anywhere.

Anyone has a picture they can post of the Hotwheels, Little Ponny and LPS that were part of Valentines clearance?? I keep trying to find these in the regular isle but I really don't know what I'm looking for..

(Actually I did see 2 pkg. of LPS that I stupidly took out of my cart because I thought for $1.50 or $2 that was the regular price and they were just misplaced in with V-Day stuff.. I did the same with Color Wonder (though I found a lot more at other Targets now) I guess I really didn't realize how expensive all of these things are) (and now I can't remember what these LPS looked like - I think there were two figures in a box?)

Any dollar spots at 75% off yet? Mine went to 50% off yesterday. Thursday.

1 of my targets had dates on the 50% off sign said valid till sunday so monday should be 75% off

oh I found a MM 10 pack today Yea Me!!

Edited by 2domjon

Yesterday I found a bunch of Black Magic foam tire and wheel cleaner for 75% off. Took them all and DH was thrilled. He goes through a lot of it for his cars. They also had several Meguiar's protector (similar to Armour All) also for 75% off!! I only got 2 of those and am so mad at myself for not getting them all. I just wasn't sure if that's what he wanted. I went back today, but of course, they were gone :mad: I haven't seen car stuff go that cheap yet at most of the stores, so I will be watching for sure!

I have also been watching the kids books and found them 75% off this morning at one store. (I think someone on here was wondering about that.) The paperback reading books (Step One, Step two, etc.) did not seem to be part of the markdown though. I love those books for my girls and I picked some up even at 30% off. They were still 30% off this morning. Many sticker books and some cute Tinkerbell books were all 75% off though.

did good at target today...got dd 8...3 skirts and 3 shirts for $8.xx total (they were 75% off with the v day stuff...it is hearts..not like it says v day 09.) they were $1 or $1.50 each.

http://i24.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/34/33/e84f_1.JPG

this is on sale at my local target for $39.99 orginally $69.99.

Barely any GB stuff left. Still 75%

V day stuff 75%

###092120011 Turtle Wax Liquid Wax 1.98 was 7.99

###092120362 Turtle Wax Liquid Clay Bar Ice 3.57 was 14.29

###092120392 Vroom Spray Squeegee 1.62 was 6.49

###037110031 Hawiian Tropic Baby Faces 50 SPF Sunblock in spray bottle 2.24 was 8.99

###037110122 Coopertone Water Baby 50 SPF Sunscreen 1.62 was 6.49

###052150019 6 count latex free makeup wedges .24 was .99

###Valentine 75% off

Yesterday I found a bunch of Black Magic foam tire and wheel cleaner for 75% off. Took them all and DH was thrilled. He goes through a lot of it for his cars. They also had several Meguiar's protector (similar to Armour All) also for 75% off!! I only got 2 of those and am so mad at myself for not getting them all. I just wasn't sure if that's what he wanted. I went back today, but of course, they were gone :mad: I haven't seen car stuff go that cheap yet at most of the stores, so I will be watching for sure!

I have also been watching the kids books and found them 75% off this morning at one store. (I think someone on here was wondering about that.) The paperback reading books (Step One, Step two, etc.) did not seem to be part of the markdown though. I love those books for my girls and I picked some up even at 30% off. They were still 30% off this morning. Many sticker books and some cute Tinkerbell books were all 75% off though.

**Yep that was me. Thank You! I will have to take another look if I manage to drag hubby to Target on our way to a restaurant (grandparents take kids on Fridays.) I checked at 2 Targets last night and they were still ringing 50% though. There was also a Lion King book (From that other system that's like Tag but the books are bigger and sturdier. DD got if for Christmas from relatives and I would love to get her this book since we only have Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella that came with it)

###092120011 Turtle Wax Liquid Wax 1.98 was 7.99

###092120362 Turtle Wax Liquid Clay Bar Ice 3.57 was 14.29

###092120392 Vroom Spray Squeegee 1.62 was 6.49

###037110031 Hawiian Tropic Baby Faces 50 SPF Sunblock in spray bottle 2.24 was 8.99

###037110122 Coopertone Water Baby 50 SPF Sunscreen 1.62 was 6.49

###052150019 6 count latex free makeup wedges .24 was .99

###Valentine 75% off

Did you check the expiration dates on the sunscreen? I only ask because I saw some at either Frisco or Plano West that was on clearance but it was REALLY close to expiration date, so I passed. I am very wary of that now, I had to return some cereal that I got on clearance at Target that was close to (but not past) the expiration date because it was stale.

**What were the Thomas toys?? Because we had ours go a couple of weeks ago so I'm wondering if you're talking about the same thing? (I haven't seen any additional Thomas clearance stuff at any of the Target's here either)

We had pkg. of 2 or 3 take along ones (one was blue Thomas with red dots all over)

Also there were a couple of plastic sets (take-along) - one was with helicopter and the other looked like a house or garage or something like that with a train I think..

(BTW I still have to figure out how it all works. I keep buying all these Take Along plastic sets. They can all be put together, right?)

Wow so envious on the hot wheels stuff. I haven't seen a single pkg. here anywhere.

Take Along all works together and has die-cast metal trains and plastic tracks. The plastic sets are Trackmaster and completely separate. They have larger trains that are battery operated.

I really was surprised to find the Hot Wheels. I have not seen any more, but just happened to see the case sitting in a cart. That really was lucky. Last year I had hidden several to get them as goodie bag gifts. This year I didn't bother because I knew I was traveling and would probably be stuck without getting anything.

Yes, these are the ones that went 75%.

Did you check the expiration dates on the sunscreen? I only ask because I saw some at either Frisco or Plano West that was on clearance but it was REALLY close to expiration date, so I passed. I am very wary of that now, I had to return some cereal that I got on clearance at Target that was close to (but not past) the expiration date because it was stale.

Expiration dates are 4/2010. I'm a fruit about expiration dates. I don't buy anything that's even close unless I know I'm going to use it right away. It helps keep my out of pocket down too when I run across the 75% off deals on chocolates and baking kits after the holidays! I had to use all my willpower to NOT buy every pack of Red Velvet Cupcakes, Wonka Cupcake kits and bags/boxes of chocolate . . . ok, that was more about me not wanting to buy bigger jeans, but still took loads of willpower!!:tongue1:

I was just in Target yesterday, and they had the Rockband Special Ed. for $97.98. I didnt buy, so I dont have the DCPI, just wanted to let you know!

###207220166 Rockband Special Edition - 69.98, was 139.99

###207220247 Guitar Hero Aerosmith - 19.98, was 49.99

###065060073 Removable Wall Decals - 4.48, was 17.99

Alaska is usually a bit higher in prices, so it'll probably be even cheaper in the lower 48.

Christmas clearance is more spread out then the other holidays usually but than again, Target hasn't done anything as usual this year LOL

I know, but they did the Christmas different and they went 75% a day early, so I went back to look at days and they seem to be following a Tue schedule. Just some food for thought though.

I'm soo happy with Target tonight!!

So I ended up returning that Spider Man 6-volt ride-on that I bought at $50 (after the "nice" employee assured me it was 75% price when in fact it was only discounted 30%) That was on Wed. Now I happened to be back at that Target tonight with hubby (it is 17 miles away from our house but we were going to the Mall) and I just had to check the shelf with the ride-ons to see what they did with this thing. Well, they put it back on the shelf and put a piece of paper on it with $17.xx price (75%) So I was happy to buy it again - now that it trully was 75% off!!!

I believe it is this one:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5823719

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/03/87/98/04/0003879804453_215X215.jpg

BTW: the Target next to my house and the one 15 miles away still have this one at regular price of $69.99 (but another Target I've been to a few days ago had a red clearance tag in that section and an empty space and no Spider Man ride-on so I have to wonder if they also had this one on clearance. So it might be worth checking out if anyone's interested.)

If anyone is interested I can look up the DCPI (the receipt is somewhere upstairs right now.)

Also for the person who said the Books went 75% - THANK YOU!!!

I was able to get that Lions King book (for the Tag like system we have) and a Tinkerbell sounds book and 2 Barbies books with stickers and papper dolls with papper clothes!

(It's weird that I've checked 2 Targets on Thu. around 1 p.m. and all those were still 50%. Not sure what happened there.)

Also got some hand towels for kids (white with froggies and duckies - 75%) to match the bathroom tub curtain and hooks that I got them earlier in the week so their bathroom is all set.

Hubby got some car wax stuff 75% too. There were still a bunch of bottles and diff. products left. Seems like no one knows this area has been discounted.

I saw a bunch of Color Wonder sets in the regular isle too so might try to get some of these at 90%.