Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Ours was 75% including candy. There was still quite a bit left. I bought a bunch of candy for Easter baskets. My DD won't care that it's all pink and red and heart shaped!!

Dollar Spot was also 30% off.

We also have NO GB left at all. Not one single item! There is actually just a big empty spot where it was. No shelves or anything.

valentines still at 50% in DE...dollar spot 30% barely any GB left (75%)...saw a 150 dvd storage shelf for $6.24...it was an expresso color and in electronics but not tagged clearance at all (had to have someone ring it up, and it came up 75% on scanner)...don't have the # for it (sorry!)...wrong color for our place or else i would've snatched it up.

Saw 2 of the white kids bookcases people talked about...even had someone come over and scan it for me...still comes up $112 for me :( i was so sad.

V-day was only 50% in West Plano and yes, I did scan it :(

So on Sunday evening DH casually mentions that he wished he had a desk for the study, and I nearly throttled him since I had seen desks at the Home Design event and was sure they were now all gone. So I drag him back to Target and was amazed to find one, still in the box! Happy dance! We ended up getting that, plus a wooden drawer unit, each ringing under $60.

Today I had a Dr's appt near the Target... so of course I had to check to see if anything interesting had been returned! LOL! All that was left in Home Design were some gray end tables and a couple dinged-up mirrors. I did manage to score an 8-piece bed-in-bag set for 75% off in Housewares, which is getting pretty cleaned out as well (although some of the new stuff looks really cute, can't wait for the next clearance round (July/Aug, right?)

:no:

Went to the one in Frisco and mckinney (121 and Custer) and VD stuff still 50%. I did see two bamboo console table and a bamboo mirror left at the Frisco store if anyone was interested. Also, I finally returned a grey wingback chair because I couldn't another one to make a set. If anyone is interested I returned in mckinney (121 and Custer). I was SAD I had to return it...:no:

Edited by atn1275
Adding

Bunch of Valentine conversation hearts, wrapping paper, gift bags all 50% off In my area. I got nothing.

Men's cords/khaki type pants 50% off all picked over nothing for my guys... Wanted shoes--just a bunch of the same 3 styles of boots, 50% off...nothing for my kids. Some games in electronics, stuff for PS3 singstar--never PS2 like I want for my kid. UGH sorry to be whiny...

Disappointed, didn't even look in my clothing area, didn't want to spend the money.

V-Day stuff 75% in CT - candy and misc. Dollar spot must have been 30%. I didn't specifically look at it but found 2 things with red dot and $1 price with VD stuff ringing up at 30%..

Will have to pull out my receipt tomorrow to record the other goodies I got - bath stuff..

Bunch of Valentine conversation hearts, wrapping paper, gift bags all 50% off In my area. I got nothing.

Men's cords/khaki type pants 50% off all picked over nothing for my guys... Wanted shoes--just a bunch of the same 3 styles of boots, 50% off...nothing for my kids. Some games in electronics, stuff for PS3 singstar--never PS2 like I want for my kid. UGH sorry to be whiny...

Disappointed, didn't even look in my clothing area, didn't want to spend the money.

Ok, I just have to say LOVE your avatar!! I'm going to see Keith and Sugarland too, but not until the end of August. :eek:

75% off last night at my Target. Got some big pink/red/white lollipops for the Easter baskets- no mention of valentine days and they aren't in the shape of hearts so perfect. lol. Like my kids would care though. Only .39 each and they are BIG.

Also packages of Hershey kisses. .24 each. Perfect for baskets too.

Got peanut M&Ms for .69 (big bags)

bags .24-.74. Pink and red striped. Perfect for birthday parties for my daughter's friends.

Mrs. Potato head 1.49 (good for my one niece).

Some My little Ponies 1.49.

Hi Katies Mom -

Actually the Target in Dover De went to 75% on all vday stuff yesterday. So I guess it isnt a statewide thing. But I know when I lived in New castle, I would often find more and better stuff in that (your) Target than the smaller one in Dover. So I guess that is the trade off.

V-day 75% at Goldenrod in Winter Park. Didn't find what I really wanted (cookie cutters and hot wheels 6pk) but found some Crayola Explosion packs for $.99. They had one Cars one left and several of the rainbow color Explosions. If anyone sees any cookie cutters or Hot Wheels around town, please let me know!

So the VDay stuff you cannot return or can you? I'm confused.. Was wondering whether I could buy at 90% and return 75% stuff. Tnx.

I'm in CA and I know you can't do it for seasonal items. If you return it (even with a receipt), they will give you the current price for it. This only applies for seasonal stuff though (christmas, v-day, etc). I think the policy varies from state-to-state though.

75% v-day including lots of cute clothes

30% dollar spot

misplaced a few things yesterday that would be great for Easter & gift bags for dd b-day...waiting for 90% for all that misplaced stuff and still spent over $50 today

I need to go misplace a few things. My Target actually moved all the clothes in with the clearance, so I think I need to go move a few things back. :cool:

What happened in everyone's Home sections today? Any new markdowns?

I went to two different Targets hoping they'd be doing new markdowns but at both they were putting out new merchandise. I asked the SA and she said they won't markdown on a particular schedule, and that the markdown team hadn't come into this section yet etc. etc. I even asked *really* nicely if they'd scan a quilt I had to see if it'd be marked down. She wouldn't do it and told me that "Even if I scan this, I'd still have to scan the rest of the 2,500 items that will be marked down today." I mean, does that make any sense?! Just tell me you won't do it. LOL Funny thing is, I found another markdown guy in a totally different section (foods) and he was SO NICE and scanned it for me saying, "No problem!"

I've been stalking the Shabby Chic quilts that are still at 50% off. Did anyone else's Home section make new markdowns today?

quick trip to target today..got lots of vday clothes for my little girl...and found someones crayola stash. i took a stroll through the regular crayola aisle and found 2 packs of glitter glue, 2 markers, 5 crayons and one pack of the twistables! didn't even have to dig..they were all right at the front of the regular stuff!

:gd_pineap:gd_orange:gd_not_ri:banana:

After months and months and months of checking just to see if it was real, I found 1 Fruit Punch MM right in front and on top of all the 15pk MMs. I was giddy checking out with it and all my 75% V-day stuff!

The craft area kids kits/color wonder etc. is startin to drop. I remember some AWESOME deals last year. We sent them to Missions w/ our church. Most are 30% but I saw some at 50%

I was just going to post this too. I bought one small Disney Cars color wonder set for 75% off, but there was a lot of other stuff 30-50% off.

Also found Burt's Bee's chapstick 50% off...$1.50ish. And the wristlets w/ 2 lip balms were also 50% off.

There were further markdowns on the softsoap 3 packs...around a $1.50 now.

Mt. Pleasant, SC

Remember the star wars bobbleheads during christmas time? Well I was in the store tonight and found a whole stash of them. Different ones. I took them to my cashier and she sold them to me for .25!! I cannot believe a stash was still in the store from the christmas clearance! I found them in the laundry baskets. lol. Guess no one buys them at Target.

How low does the $1 section go?

When will Easter $1 stuff go on sale?

I've been to two Targets in the last two days checking out V-Day stuff and both times forgot to check the $1 spot. (Anything good there??) (I've been finding some things in with the V-Day that people have dragged there I guess and buying it. Today I found two cool character ice-packs at 70 cents each. These should be perfect for the kids lunch boxes.)

I haven't found any of the little pet shop, little ponnies or hot wheels in the two stores I went to. Just mostly stocking up on chocolates and stickers.

I think dd is mostly all set with the goodies bags for her 4th B-day which isn't even until July. (Anyone thinks red paper lunch bags with white and black hearts on them won't work for Goodies bags? I mean it doesn't say Happy Valentines on them or anything like that..)

Found one thing of sprinkles Today. Red with black hearts - very cutie.

Finds:

###057060538 Energizer AAA - $2.62 (75%)

###074080871 Lamp Shade (Jeans Color) - $4.98 (75%) (All other shades & lampbases still 50% though..)

###064051405 Kids Frogs Shower Curtain - $7.48 (50%)

###064052258 Frogs Shower Hooks - $2.62 (75%) (Wish the shower curtain was 75% also)

###200021622 V-Day Valentines cereal bowl - $.74 (75%) (use it as candy dish)

###066060506 24x36 HeatMat $24.98 (75%) (It's for outside and it has a cord to plug in so the snow melts... Anyone use it?? Is it worth it or should I return it??)

###097010444 Wooden Bath Mat - $9.98 (75%) (This is awesome!!! I wasn't sure about it but we opened it Today and just standing on it feels soo good.)

BTW those pkgs. of Dove Silky Smooth chocolate hearts are awesome!!! (This is Dove's new line of chocolate and I've been completely hooked on it for the last couple of months.)

With V-Day stuff I also found 16ct crayola boxes 49 cents each. A pk of 4 bounce balls. Doggie in my pkt. thing. Fridge magnet notepad thing (this was from dollar spot). Heart-shaped pink coin purse. Heart-shaped pk. of red & white baloons. Also pixos $1.49 (Anyone knows if these are any good?)

Can't believe the clearance books are still 50%. I have been watching these for 3 wks. now. Though I did score Count with Elmo sound book (059110166.) It comes with a pen and you can write on the pgs. cause they are all like a dry-eraser board. This was NOF and the nice mgr. told the cashier this was a discontinued item so they let me have it for $2.98.

Also found Care Bears DVD (###058102130 - $2.25) Found only one in V-Day section but it was ringing $9. It is a V-Day one and includes a V-Day card. The nice mgr. let me have it for 75% off which I was very excited about it until we tried to watch it. Weird thing is it's from 1988??? Not like the other Care Bears (it has people in there as well) (Personally I don't want my kids watching these old cartoons cause I would need to watch it first to make sure it is safe.. I mean we were recently watching an oldy one about Christmas and a snowman and I was horrified to see it smoking a cigar!!) (Anyone has any experience with buying these at Target??)