Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

OT, I know. But I'm hoping to quick tap the shoulders of some parents who have the Smart Cycle and are using it. We gave it to our daughter for her b-day and she loves it. However, her 8yo sister wants to try it sooo bad. Has anyone let an older child (older than 6) ride it? She's totally average size, and I don't think she'll break it-- although I don't want her to be too hard on it and that's what I'm afraid of. Any opinions would be appreciated.

my DS is only 6 but he weighs about 55 lbs and is very strong and often not the *gentlest* child :) and he goes on our Smart Cycle all the time! We've had no problems...

I hope I can post this here. I've been a faithful Target shopper, love the store well after tonight I am furious! My mom and I stopped in there (we live 30 miles away) to do our shopping. I purchased $149.xx worth of merchandise. When I get home and unpack the bags, I notice that 2 pair of earrings are missing from my bag. I immediately call the store and tell the gentleman that I don't have my earrings (6 bags worth of stuff), what can I do? He tells me that he has to see if they were located, so he puts me on hold, gets back on, 'yes ma'am we have them'. I was relieved. I said that I can get back down there Thursday (my dd has a dr apt in that town). 'well ma'am he said Target policy is that we can hold them till the end of the day tomorrow then go back on the sales floor'..........WTF (didn't say that tho)....'they are mine and I PAID FOR THEM' I said. He responds, 'ma'am I'm sorry but you need to pick them up or they are the property of target'. I was livid. I couldn't believe what he was telling me, they are mine I paid for them, she didn't put them in my bag. He told me that were in a bag and basically I forgot them so it was my fault, not the stores. I told him that he can just return them (but I have the receipt) & he said that he needed a receipt and couldn't take the #s over the phone. He took my name and number and will call me at the end of the day tomorrow with basically the same line of needing to pick them up. I tried to call corporate but of course they are closed. :gdcensored::gdyelling:

thanks for letting me vent........anyone else ever run into this problem or issue?

**I doubt he knew what he was talking about. Maybe the scenario is, if they find some merchandise and it hasn't been claimed then they hold it for 24 hrs. but after that they put it back on the floor - I can understand that. But you called them and told them it is yours so I really don't think they can claim it in any way.. Logically it should be treated the same way as if they found your wallet. I mean seriously, they wouldn't put that on back on their floor or tell you it is theirs because you didn't come to claim it in their time frame.. The only question is what would they do if they found your wallet and you called them to say you can't claim it right away? They might tell you it's ok for you to show up a few days later or their policy might be they don't want to hold on to anything (because of legal, storage or other reasons) in which case they will prob. turn it over to police or whatever other organization that handles missing property.. They might even throw it away after 24 hrs. but they should surely not put it back on the floor because you did call and claim it..

I think you should tell them if they put it back on the floor you will call police and tell them they stole your property.. :eyepoppin

OT, I know. But I'm hoping to quick tap the shoulders of some parents who have the Smart Cycle and are using it. We gave it to our daughter for her b-day and she loves it. However, her 8yo sister wants to try it sooo bad. Has anyone let an older child (older than 6) ride it? She's totally average size, and I don't think she'll break it-- although I don't want her to be too hard on it and that's what I'm afraid of. Any opinions would be appreciated.

I have 1 intended for my boys 2 & 3 however my girls 7 & 9 can often be found on it no damages so far

I hope I can post this here. I've been a faithful Target shopper, love the store well after tonight I am furious! My mom and I stopped in there (we live 30 miles away) to do our shopping. I purchased $149.xx worth of merchandise. When I get home and unpack the bags, I notice that 2 pair of earrings are missing from my bag. I immediately call the store and tell the gentleman that I don't have my earrings (6 bags worth of stuff), what can I do? He tells me that he has to see if they were located, so he puts me on hold, gets back on, 'yes ma'am we have them'. I was relieved. I said that I can get back down there Thursday (my dd has a dr apt in that town). 'well ma'am he said Target policy is that we can hold them till the end of the day tomorrow then go back on the sales floor'..........WTF (didn't say that tho)....'they are mine and I PAID FOR THEM' I said. He responds, 'ma'am I'm sorry but you need to pick them up or they are the property of target'. I was livid. I couldn't believe what he was telling me, they are mine I paid for them, she didn't put them in my bag. He told me that were in a bag and basically I forgot them so it was my fault, not the stores. I told him that he can just return them (but I have the receipt) & he said that he needed a receipt and couldn't take the #s over the phone. He took my name and number and will call me at the end of the day tomorrow with basically the same line of needing to pick them up. I tried to call corporate but of course they are closed. :gdcensored::gdyelling:

thanks for letting me vent........anyone else ever run into this problem or issue?

I had this happen to me with a car charger once, and they told me the same thing. They actually told me I needed to come back the same day, because they would not hold it longer than that. At least I only live 5 minutes away, but that was ridiculous!

Did anyone else get any of the National Geographic stuff 75% off with the toys clearance? I got some at one store a few weeks ago and the other store by me is still full price and it's moved to an endcap with a new sign like it's a new display :confused: I'm wondering if it wasn't supposed to be marked down at the first store.

**question to folks who bought the smart cycle during the Toy Clearance**. Did you see any other game cartridges on sale? I have not seen any at my target, but according to the box, there are other ones you can buy. Any advice or help would be appreciated..

;)

Target has done this in the past... put something on clearance and then wait to put the line of accessories on clearance until summer. I've seen it with leappads, leapsters, etc from the past. The player will go on sale, but not the software; or vis versa. Personally, I figured after getting the cycle for so cheap, paying the 20 bucks for the software was okay. Of course, I was only interested in the Barbie software, which is practically no where to be found at many of the Targets I visited. I FINALLY found one. (They are in the regular aisle with leapster software, etc. in case you are wondering.) That's the only one I plan to get. I'm not real thrilled with the line of software that Fisher Price has to go with the cycle. If the software games go cheaper, I will pick up some more, but not at 20 bucks each.

Target may wait until the summer sale to put the Smart Cycle software on sale, but then they won't have the cycle... kinda silly, I know!

Edited by KC-Traderbear

Did anyone else get any of the National Geographic stuff 75% off with the toys clearance? I got some at one store a few weeks ago and the other store by me is still full price and it's moved to an endcap with a new sign like it's a new display :confused: I'm wondering if it wasn't supposed to be marked down at the first store.

I got some NG stuff on 75% clearance, too. The NG items that are out now at my store on an endcap are part of the new line.

I have 1 intended for my boys 2 & 3 however my girls 7 & 9 can often be found on it no damages so far

Oh thanks so much. I think I will let her try it out and just tell her to peddle a little slower. I've read on reviews that sometimes the peddles can "strip out"... don't know if that's just from general use or a bit of harder use though. That's why I'm kinda nervious. I'll just have her be a little careful. I'm sure her interest in it will dissipate soon enough, as with so many of the toys we buy. (heavy sigh...:( )

Hello everyone. :)

A brief Colorado update for ya. Our store has a BUNCH of LOREAL make-up on clearance on the end caps in HBA. Bring your coupons in and you can score some really good deals.

CAMP ROCK Twin size flannel sheet sets and fleece throws for $4.xx each. (Sorry - cant find the numbers for those)

###062 16 0169 Target HOME Twin Ultra Soft Sheet Set 250 TC (dark brown) was $29.99 now $7.48

###062 16 0165 Target HOME Twin Ultra Soft Sheet Set 250 TC (ivory) was $29.99 now $7.48

One new thing I started doing is pulling up the Target weekly sales on www.couponmom.com and matching them to Target printable coupons and ones I have on hand. I bought boxes of PopTarts last week for .67 a box. A sale is a sale! :)

One question - do they ever drop the prices of the GB clearance items below 75% before they go salvage?

By the way - I did see several January salvaged Target items at our local Goodwill - already on the shelves. So if you missed something - perhaps a trip to the Goodwill will help.

This has happened to me also. They did put my items back on the floor, luckley it was just food. They keep a log book with the scanned back items on small reciepts up front at the service desk, to verify the item that was left at the store. You show them your reciept & if it matches they will need to either get the item back off the sales floor (if it is still there) or refund your money.

One question - do they ever drop the prices of the GB clearance items below 75% before they go salvage?

By the way - I did see several January salvaged Target items at our local Goodwill - already on the shelves. So if you missed something - perhaps a trip to the Goodwill will help.

They did drop Global bazaar to 90% IF any was left. However now that they are doing this Home Design markdown a bit different, I am not sure if they will or not. Considering how little stores have, they may not.

And as far as finding salvaged items at Goodwill....I, too, have found things there. However, the price was better at Target marked down than Goodwill. Last year GB went to Goodwill after salvaging and I went to look. Things I liked were marked at approximately 30% off regular Target price. I could have easily gotten things for at least 75% off at Target. There was no way I was going to pay more for it at Goodwill.

Just watch the prices at Goodwill.

Went to Target this morning and managed to get the Home Design grey wingback chair ( DCPI # 236-00-0465) I've been wanting. The problem now is, I need to desperately find another one. Can anyone help!! I called a lot of stores around my area (DFW), but they all said they are out. All the stores I called went on clearance yesterday.

That was a good score, I have not seen those at any of the DFW Targets I went to, just lots of the gray sectional pieces. I think our stores did the markdown either late Thursday or really early Friday, because by the time I started doing my "rounds", I knew I was too late (you know when you are walking up to Target, and you see tons of emplyees helping customers load stuff into their SUV's off flatbeds, and you instantly think to yourself, "DARN!!! Shoulda come earlier!!!!") :rolleyes:

Hello everyone. :)

Last year they went to 90% off, but there has been speculation that this year they will not. I know that none of my stores will have anything decent left by Monday, which may be the day they will go to 90%. They pretty much had nothing left yesterday. However, last year I scored some good items at 90% off that were obviously returns, so you never know.

Valentines stuff 50% off here. Didn't check dollar spot.

Maybe it's just the 1 target I was at, might check another 1 later today, I usually go to 3 or 4 but not for 30% off probably not 50 eighter just wanted to see what they had for when it hits 75-90% off.

That was a good score, I have not seen those at any of the DFW Targets I went to, just lots of the gray sectional pieces. I think our stores did the markdown either late Thursday or really early Friday, because by the time I started doing my "rounds", I knew I was too late (you know when you are walking up to Target, and you see tons of emplyees helping customers load stuff into their SUV's off flatbeds, and you instantly think to yourself, "DARN!!! Shoulda come earlier!!!!") :rolleyes:

They marked it down Friday morning. I got off of work early because my son had his valentine's party, so I got lucky. I did managed to get six sectional pieces. I also bought an island and now don't know what to do with it. I guess I went over my head with their things. I actually got the wingback chair Saturday morning after my ds soccer game. Now, I'm debating whether to return it or just keep one. It's kinda tough....:( Please anyone in the DFW who wants to sell their wingback or decides it doesn't go with their decor, please please let me know..

Fairview, OR had some VD stuff marked 30% and some marked 50%, however, it seemed to me that only the candy was ringing at 30% off. Everything else was ringing at 50% even if there was a 30% off sign right on it. So I would definitely scan everything.

We picked up some Pixos sets and vday tshirts for next year and my dd begged me for an epet so I let her get one.

Also got a huge thing of sprinkles that will work for any time of the year...pink, chocolate, and white sprinkles for half price.

All my v-day stuff was 50% this afternoon. I got some spoonulas, cookie cutters and a few other misc. stuff. Most of it was already getting picked over by the time I left. I was hoping for some of the Hot Wheels packs but none at my targets.

All of the home stuff was gone. It went super fast at all my stores.

The four stores I went to today had V-Day for 50% off, but not a whole lot left other than candy and a few little toy items. Dollar spot was only 30% for red dot which I thought was odd. I have seen dollar spot go 30 before, but it is usually not on "holiday" themed stuff which most of this was. Other than that, there was not a whole lot of anything on clearance. The GB, or whatever they decided to call it this year, was almost all gone and the few remaining items were really beat up. I saw a black mirror I wanted at two of the stores, but both were really banged up so I passed.

Hit my closest Target today and they had all the V-day stuff at 50% and tons of it, I was surprised. Got a few things, nothing special. I would love to pick up the playdoh and fillers if they are still there when they get to 75%, they also had quite a few of the heart muffin pans and baking supplies so maybe would pick up some of that if still around. Will it go 75% Wednesday you think?

Side note, I have been waiting for a DS game to go to 50% and this morning would have been week 3 at 30% so I was sure it would be marked down but nope. Still waiting.