Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I've decided to make Thursdays my official Target shopping day :) (Because all of the discounts I'm interested in have a chance to happen by then.)

So I saw lots of 75% stuff in bedding (comforters, fleece blnkts, sheet sets (though it was very hard to find any queens), quilts.) Although I did see some still at 50%?

Frames finally went 75%. And those additional Thomas toys were 75%.

Dissapointed to see Kids Books still at 30% or 50%? Lamps 50%. Also kitchen towels and place mats I've been watching were still at 50% (When do they discount kitchen stuff?)

Here're my finds:

###062160496 Queen Sheet Set - 300 thread count - 14.98 (75%)

###068031451 Window Panel - 4.98 (75%)

###074152913 Frame 8x10 - 3.74 (75%)

###097022548 Woolrich Patchwork Twin Quilt Set - 20.37 (75%)

###064051977 Shower Curtain - $8.24 (75%) - (I bought two to keep an extra for gift closet. The box says luxirious and they look gorgeous so I was very happy to find them.)

###097031392 Spider-Man 3 Movie Reversible Comforter - Twin - 7.52 (There were no other kid themed comforters to be found in the entire store. This was the only one that I just happened to spot on the end cap so I'm happy.)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51vZmGOCH1L._AA260_.jpg

Also I got two lamp bases for kids rooms - 50%. There were only 2 blue ones (so I didn't want to chance them being bought..Plus I found a pink one in the regular isle but it was missing a tag so I figure the cashier will just let me have it for the 50% price. I was right!!)

###074000122 Lampbase - $9.98

Thomas Stuff:

###204030351 Track Expansions - $2.48 (75% - two diff. sets)

###204033164 - $2.48 (75%)

###204033165 - $2.48 (75%)

I just read on another deal site that several people have found someone with a price gun to check the price on some of the GB stuff and its been coming up 75% off even though its marked 50%. So anyone waiting for a particular item to go to 75% may want to see if this will work for you as well. There were several different people posting that this worked for them and on every item they scanned.

Just starting to see some posts on GB being marked at 75% off in some stores. I don't even really want anything that bad and yet I feel the need to check it out! Must fight the urge!!!

Edited by shoppinmama

Are there any Valentines paper goods I should keep an eye out for? I'm loving those press & seals I got from the X-mas clearance and I'm still using the halloween napkins but I'm running low on paper plates...

Using themed paper goods outta season WOW my OCD would kill me.I've often wondered if anyone did this.(LOL).

Went today on my lunch break and saw A LOT of the bedding/quilts at 75% off. I was able to get 3 brown suede down-feather square pillows for my couch at $4.xx each! Very excited. Also got a 5x7 frame for $3.xx for my desk at work.

While I was there, 2 employees were in the aisles marking down tablecloths and towels. I love the target by my work, they always have a LOT of stuff in clearance (seems like this one isn't as picked over). :rolleyes:

Bought 3 of these bookcases for $29.98, reg $119.99. Espresso finish.

http://www.target.com/Medium-Storage-Bookcase-Espresso/dp/B00144I3Y6/qid=1234479591/ref=br_1_6/602-1873502-3190232?ie=UTF8&node=3073811&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

These will be perfect in my den for the kids' books and toys. :)

I got 2 of them today also, love them went together quickly and easily!!

Using themed paper goods outta season WOW my OCD would kill me.I've often wondered if anyone did this.(LOL).

I am the same way! I will just throw them in the whatever holiday box until the next year..even half opened ones!! I do love to find the solid colors on clearance though to use for bdays and such.

Went to Target earlier today...the GB/Home Event merchandise is all 75% off. People were acting like wild animals. Wasn't anything good, at least nothing cheap enough for me haha.

bummer. ours was still 50% off this afternoon at 1:30, and both boys have no school tomorrow, so it will be hard to go. Ugh! I just want some of the sheets.

Are there any Valentines paper goods I should keep an eye out for? I'm loving those press & seals I got from the X-mas clearance and I'm still using the halloween napkins but I'm running low on paper plates...

I am the same way! I will just throw them in the whatever holiday box until the next year..even half opened ones!! I do love to find the solid colors on clearance though to use for bdays and such.

Are you serious!?!? :eyepoppin:eyepoppin That is so funny! :sidesplit I am using Halloween & Christmas napkins interchangeably right now. Whichever happen to come up from the basement when we run out. I use Christmas or Halloween Ziplocs & plastic containers year round. I have been using Christmas Glad trash bags in my bathrooms for 2 years now with all the small boxes I got 2 years ago at 90% off. I could not possibly care less as it all ends up in the trash anyway. :g_shrug::g_shrug:

Found a Disney Princess slumber bag set, it has a slumber bag, a pillow, and a portable light, and they're packed in a pink plastic container with wheels. Orig 24.99, rang for 6.24. Also, found some plush throws: disney princess that lights up and HSM and camp rock that have music, orig 19.99 for 4.98. All of these stuff was on the same aisle where the kid furniture is. GB is 75 % off here.

Had to get at it through the main listing of the set, then clicking on the size. Here is that link so you can figure it out for future reference.

http://www.target.com/Simply-Shabby-Chic-Fairytale-Collection/dp/B000LAVJYK/sr=1-4/qid=1234471229/ref=sr_1_4/178-9642111-3670422?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Ashabby%20chic%20fairytale&page=1

Twin: DPCI: 097-02-0474

Full/Queen: DPCI: 097-02-0475

Ahhh.....thank you!

Can I just ask if your kids like the Digital Art Studio? I bought it for DD 4th B-Day. She's quite an artist and is always scatching something on her Doodle Pro so I thought she might enjoy this but she's not into electronics at all. We have that Leapfrog Doggie/Computer looking thing (the name escapes me at the moment) and she's never shown interest in it so I'm concerned if she will be able to use this.. She's not a very patient person in the world either and DS (will be 21/2 by then) is prob. too young for it too??

My son has the Digital Arts and Crafts studio. We have had it for a year now and he loves it! I bought it for my 10 year old niece for Christmas because she always wanted to play it at my house. You can make and print a lot of different crafts. I would recommend it! Also, check out ebay for software to go with it.

Bought 3 of these bookcases for $29.98, reg $119.99. Espresso finish.

These will be perfect in my den for the kids' books and toys. :)

Hi MelissaS ... can you tell me what store you got these at and if there were any left? I live in Chandler and would love to get some of those for DS as I get ready for him to move from crib to bed. Thanks!

So, I'm sitting here thinking ... of all the days not to go to Target, there is a bunch of stuff I was watching that went 755? I think Target closes at 10pm - can I make it? Never mind the piles of laundry and dishes .... I think I'm sick and completely in denial as I told my husband after the toy clearance I wouldn't stalk Target anymore!!!

Hi, my name is 75%offstalker and I'm a Target-aholic.

Are you serious!?!? :eyepoppin:eyepoppin That is so funny! :sidesplit I am using Halloween & Christmas napkins interchangeably right now. Whichever happen to come up from the basement when we run out. I use Christmas or Halloween Ziplocs & plastic containers year round. I have been using Christmas Glad trash bags in my bathrooms for 2 years now with all the small boxes I got 2 years ago at 90% off. I could not possibly care less as it all ends up in the trash anyway. :g_shrug::g_shrug:

I used to throw the remaining batch of paper goods into the holiday box for the next season but our store doesn't have any left at clearance time, I haven't found holiday napkins for over a year now. I hardly find them during that holiday season, for some reason, they dont' stock alot here. So I am just finishing off the Halloween napkins from 2 years ago and don't have any replacements LOL I did find last year a fantastic deal on paper towels-12 pks for $1 so I cleaned them out. I just found some Valentine Nerds from last year, the kids say they are still good LOL

So, I'm sitting here thinking ... of all the days not to go to Target, there is a bunch of stuff I was watching that went 755? I think Target closes at 10pm - can I make it? Never mind the piles of laundry and dishes .... I think I'm sick and completely in denial as I told my husband after the toy clearance I wouldn't stalk Target anymore!!!

Hi, my name is 75%offstalker and I'm a Target-aholic.

Maybe you'll be lucky and it'll be there tomorrow. I had a hectic day and didn't get down to check the quilts and stuff. I just ran in and checked the Global Bazaar because I knew there were sheets I wanted. The markdown team was done for the day at 1:30 because they were checking out with me!

I used to throw the remaining batch of paper goods into the holiday box for the next season but our store doesn't have any left at clearance time, I haven't found holiday napkins for over a year now. I hardly find them during that holiday season, for some reason, they dont' stock alot here. So I am just finishing off the Halloween napkins from 2 years ago and don't have any replacements LOL I did find last year a fantastic deal on paper towels-12 pks for $1 so I cleaned them out. I just found some Valentine Nerds from last year, the kids say they are still good LOL

Yeah, they have had a lot less in general, but I got lucky this year and one store had quite a bit that they put out after the first day of clearance, so I got plenty.

The candy can last a little too long...Last year for New Year's Eve I cleaned out all the assorted candy and snacks and hauled it down the street to our neighbors whose kids & relatives were camping out for the Rose Parade. We used to live 1/2 block from the route, so they would camp out every year and give us seats in the morning. Figured the least I could do was provide some fuel for their night. The junk food was all gone by morning. :)

I'm watching for a particular quilt to go to 75% off. It's a ballet themed girls quilt, has anyone noticed those going down yet? I think it's originally $89. Thanks.......

**Thanks so much for mentioning this quilt!!! I would have surely missed it but because I knew this one was on sale I looked and sure enough there was one quilt still there! It is soo pretty! I LOVE IT! I spread it on the floor of my finished basement and am looking at it right now :)

Maybe you'll be lucky and it'll be there tomorrow. I had a hectic day and didn't get down to check the quilts and stuff. I just ran in and checked the Global Bazaar because I knew there were sheets I wanted. The markdown team was done for the day at 1:30 because they were checking out with me!

I bet you're exactly right - it will all be there tomorrow!:) The funny thing about it is that I get this crazy, almost undeniable urge to run and get there before I miss out! I keep telling myself that all this shopping I'm doing is for the good of the country - my own personal stimulus plan!

In the spirit of this blog, I should supply some of the deals on clearance I got when I was there yesterday ...

Stacy's Pita Chips - 2.98 (bulk size - 50% off)

Fusion Power razor - 4.98 (50% off)

I bet you're exactly right - it will all be there tomorrow!:) The funny thing about it is that I get this crazy, almost undeniable urge to run and get there before I miss out! I keep telling myself that all this shopping I'm doing is for the good of the country - my own personal stimulus plan!

In the spirit of this blog, I should supply some of the deals on clearance I got when I was there yesterday ...

Stacy's Pita Chips - 2.98 (bulk size - 50% off)

Fusion Power razor - 4.98 (50% off)

**Can I just say those Pita Chips are awesome!! I got one bag a few weeks ago (Naturally Cheddar) just to try out some new junk food and I really liked it so I got another one.. Well, I was about to have some Tonight but descovered hubby almost finished it all! He was asking me why I didn't buy another one Tonight?

Yeah, they have had a lot less in general, but I got lucky this year and one store had quite a bit that they put out after the first day of clearance, so I got plenty.

The candy can last a little too long...Last year for New Year's Eve I cleaned out all the assorted candy and snacks and hauled it down the street to our neighbors whose kids & relatives were camping out for the Rose Parade. We used to live 1/2 block from the route, so they would camp out every year and give us seats in the morning. Figured the least I could do was provide some fuel for their night. The junk food was all gone by morning. :)

I am buying alot less of the candy, I buy some that I can freeze but I couldn't give it away among all the kids friends so I just buy less. I bought alot of the little oreos in pkgs and other cookies last Easter and they are just not moving, I wonder if giving them to a food bank is in poor taste since they are abit older, though I have eaten them lately and still fresh?????

Hi MelissaS ... can you tell me what store you got these at and if there were any left? I live in Chandler and would love to get some of those for DS as I get ready for him to move from crib to bed. Thanks!

I bought one at the store in Peoria (it was the last one) and 2 at the store in Glendale (they were the last 2).

Cute bookcases, will have to check my Target for them. Thanks for posting!:yup:

Scored one for my dd's room. got the medium sized one, but am looking for the large one too!! Checking for availablity at nearby targets....hope to get at least one more and that cute shabby quilt set!!!

**Thanks so much for mentioning this quilt!!! I would have surely missed it but because I knew this one was on sale I looked and sure enough there was one quilt still there! It is soo pretty! I LOVE IT! I spread it on the floor of my finished basement and am looking at it right now :)

I'm glad you got it! Looks like I'm going to miss out on it, my youngest two are sick.:( I live 45+ min. to the nearest Target to me.