Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I found a really cute white messanger hannah montana bag over in luggage...no clearance tag on it...scanned it (item not found)...asked a worker who found the scanner and said the last price was $3.24...but before she could tag it for me to buy it another worker came over and told her that she had to salvage it :( He wouldn't let me get it! I was really annoyed by that. I would usually just wait till the register, but without the clearance sticker i figured they would try to sell it to me full price.

I spoke to a store manager and she said the Global Bazaar was not on her list of markdowns for this week - she expects it to go down next week probably Weds or Thurs. Hopefully she's right cause I'll be there!

Almost all of our GB was gone this weekend. I had wanted a few of the furniture pieces, but they were gone the day they went to 50%. Which is unusual here, I wonder if they ordered less pieces than in the past?

Good luck on getting what you want!

I spoke to a store manager and she said the Global Bazaar was not on her list of markdowns for this week - she expects it to go down next week probably Weds or Thurs. Hopefully she's right cause I'll be there!

If I am recalling correctly, the markdowns so far this year have been on a Tuesday.

If I am recalling correctly, the markdowns so far this year have been on a Tuesday.

You are recalling correctly.

I'm watching for a particular quilt to go to 75% off. It's a ballet themed girls quilt, has anyone noticed those going down yet? I think it's originally $89. Thanks.......

Do you have the DCPI for this. I was watching this quilt but somebody got there before me. Poor my little girl..

Almost all of our GB was gone this weekend. I had wanted a few of the furniture pieces, but they were gone the day they went to 50%. Which is unusual here, I wonder if they ordered less pieces than in the past?

Good luck on getting what you want!

My stores have had less of EVERYTHING this year....x-mas, toys, valentines, GB.....everything. It is very upsetting. I see things that I like that don't even get a chance to go on clearance and they're sold out!

My stores have had less of EVERYTHING this year....x-mas, toys, valentines, GB.....everything. It is very upsetting. I see things that I like that don't even get a chance to go on clearance and they're sold out!

Yup. I have to agree. Seems like in some ways they are doing a better job ordering (from the business perspective) because they are selling out before having to overly discount it. In the long run, that is good for the business, and while it is painful for us bargain shoppers, it will ensure the long-term health of the company. And that means that when the economy turns around and they start over-ordering again, then it will be good for us. At least let's hope so. However, I was talking to one of the guys I know at the store who shoots outs for them, and he was saying they've switched to a "Just in Time" system recently, so there is a lot less back stock. And that is not good for us...

they've switched to a "Just in Time" system recently, so there is a lot less back stock. And that is not good for us...

:eek: Just in time is terrable for us!!! This means they order product from their distributers as they need it. They will not be stocking or over buying. My company started this several years ago to cut down on inventory, even when the economy was good. Once this starts it will not stop.

they've switched to a "Just in Time" system recently, so there is a lot less back stock. And that is not good for us...

:eek: Just in time is terrable for us!!! This means they order product from their distributers as they need it. They will not be stocking or over buying. My company started this several years ago to cut down on inventory, even when the economy was good. Once this starts it will not stop.

Yep, but I don't think they did it for all departments. We were specifically talking about the candles & candle holders that day. They certainly haven't done it in all departments, and not all manufacturers (stores the size of Target tend to buy direct from the manufacturer rather than middle-men) are set up for it, so it won't be throughout the whole store. They have had this in place for stuff like bread and soda for some time, basically those are stocked by jobbers from the manufacturers already. Some stuff doesn't lend itself to JIT, though....

Last night I found a few ramdom items: xhileration headbands .98 (75), Nick and Nora 2 pack socks .98 (75), Herseys bags of square candy (like the Ghiradeli squares) 30% off, all Valentines Day was 15% off (never seen this before), GB was still 50%, bedding 75%, bathroom towels and rugs 75%, those newer picture frames in the black and pastel packaging all 75%, a few clocks 75%. I bought some picture frames, an "Irish Pub" oversized clock, and two girls floor lamps all 75% off. One very odd thing I saw was that a lot of the kids hat/scarves/gloves didn't go down to 75%--they were 65%--I have never seen Target use this percentage before--it wasn't all the hats, etc. but just the character ones--anyone ever see this?

Last night I found a few ramdom items: xhileration headbands .98 (75), Nick and Nora 2 pack socks .98 (75), Herseys bags of square candy (like the Ghiradeli squares) 30% off, all Valentines Day was 15% off (never seen this before), GB was still 50%, bedding 75%, bathroom towels and rugs 75%, those newer picture frames in the black and pastel packaging all 75%, a few clocks 75%. I bought some picture frames, an "Irish Pub" oversized clock, and two girls floor lamps all 75% off. One very odd thing I saw was that a lot of the kids hat/scarves/gloves didn't go down to 75%--they were 65%--I have never seen Target use this percentage before--it wasn't all the hats, etc. but just the character ones--anyone ever see this?

I have seen it before in electronics at 1 of my targets sometimes they do 60% or 65%

I am really not liking the way target clearence is going. I have no idea when my Target marks down the bedding!! I went yesterday and it was still 30 and 50% off, of course what I want is 30% off. I know for sure Thursday is toys and sporting goods here. I guess I will have to go everyday for a week to figure out the scheduel. I did see they had Christmas Pjs for 30% off!! Come on its Feb. They also have put the nintendo dogs back to normal price. I used to know how it all worked and now they change it all!!!

Simply Shaby Chic Fairytale quilt ASIN: B000L9G0PO

I don't know if that is the same as a dpci number? Thanks for the tip lovetoshopCA!

Had to get at it through the main listing of the set, then clicking on the size. Here is that link so you can figure it out for future reference.

http://www.target.com/Simply-Shabby-Chic-Fairytale-Collection/dp/B000LAVJYK/sr=1-4/qid=1234471229/ref=sr_1_4/178-9642111-3670422?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Ashabby%20chic%20fairytale&page=1

Twin: DPCI: 097-02-0474

Full/Queen: DPCI: 097-02-0475

Simply Shaby Chic Fairytale quilt ASIN: B000L9G0PO

I don't know if that is the same as a dpci number? Thanks for the tip lovetoshopCA!

**That's so pretty! Thanks for posting..I'm going to have to look for it Tonight for DD. Weird they don't have DCPI for it?? Anyone knows if this # can be used to punch in the scanner?

Also I was wondering are quilts good for summer or when/how do you guys use them? I've never had a quilt so really don't know too much about them. With airconditioning I like to have a heavy blanket for myself and the kids but I started thinking why would Target clearance these right before summer then? Also is it ok to wash them in washer/dryer and with all of that stiching do they really hold up? (We have froant loader so prob. would be able to fit it and wouldn't get too beat up in there)

Thank You!!

Oh.. and I've picked up this quilt fo DS1 Today for 75%:

###097022548 - Woolrich Patchwork Twin Quilt Set - $20.37 (orig. $81.49)

(He doesn't even need it because he's still in his crib but it is just sooo soft (most patches are either suade or velvet) I just couldn't pass it up. And I love the brown colors..)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51LV--RWcAL._AA260_.jpg

I saw lots of other quilts 75% - twin and queen but didn't think they were quit enough or soft..

**I saw a 20" (I think?) bike at 50% at Target a couple of days ago. I mentioned it in one of my posts above. It was 4x.xx down from 8x.xx. Not a Schwinn but some other brand. Hawaiian motive (either light blue, or purple or pink - something light for sure)

It was def. a large bike in with the rest of them on the back wall. I saw at least 3 all with a red sticker. It's hard to know they're on sale cause there's no sign or anything but if you're looking specifically through that area you should be able to spot the little red tags..

(Hopefully this wasn't just a one-store deal..)

Thank you so much for this post, 3 of my 5 children had outgrown their bikes and with the weather so nice I went out yesterday in search of reasonable priced replacements. I had no idea that this late any of the clearance bikes would be left. As soon as I was in the bike section and saw the flowers, I remember this post and specifically the Hawaiian reference, I go closer and what do I see, the little red sticker on the handlebar saying 22.xx (75%). I was so stoked, I immediately search the others for a boys bike on sale, no luck there but I have one happy little girl.

The other thing that I haven't seen mentioned was some a 12pk solor powered lights for the lawn, they were marked 50% off to $34.xx There were several in 2 colors(bronze and black)had lots so I didn't get any. I will check back and see if I can catch at 75%

I also saw one of the magic chef icemakers that had been a display unit was on the shelf marked $84.xx. From reading here I knew it had gone down further. So I punched the number in the price checker and came up item not found. No luck despite asking a couple of different associates with the price gun. One told me $84.xx was the lowest they went and the customer service desk says she didnt even see any listed as being in stock and that they "never" sold display units anyway. So they couldn't give it to me for the $84 either, definitely no chance of seeing the $42.49 at that store, lol. Of course I left it right there.

Still lots of ds, ps2, psp, ps3 and wii games on clearance, on 30%, books, also 30%, 1 6in digital frame $49 (50%) valentines was 15% off as well. global bazaar 50% but whole aisle of bulk full price, strange.

Happy shopping everyone.

Had to get at it through the main listing of the set, then clicking on the size. Here is that link so you can figure it out for future reference.

http://www.target.com/Simply-Shabby-Chic-Fairytale-Collection/dp/B000LAVJYK/sr=1-4/qid=1234471229/ref=sr_1_4/178-9642111-3670422?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Ashabby%20chic%20fairytale&page=1

Twin: DPCI: 097-02-0474

Full/Queen: DPCI: 097-02-0475

Thanks!!!

I ran to Target this morning to get a few Valentines things for the kids for school. Didn;t find much of anything. Kids hats and gloves were now 75% off. That could have happened before today as I have not been to Target in a few days (since Sunday). Other than that I did not find much.

They did have one Kids Digital art studio in the toy dept for $17.xx. I would have bought it but it looked like it had been opened and the box was really dmamaged. I figured it was a return so I did not buy it. I could not gift it that way and my kids got it for Christmas so no use for me.

The GB stuff was still at 50% here this morning.

Can I just ask if your kids like the Digital Art Studio? I bought it for DD 4th B-Day. She's quite an artist and is always scatching something on her Doodle Pro so I thought she might enjoy this but she's not into electronics at all. We have that Leapfrog Doggie/Computer looking thing (the name escapes me at the moment) and she's never shown interest in it so I'm concerned if she will be able to use this.. She's not a very patient person in the world either and DS (will be 21/2 by then) is prob. too young for it too??

###097040804 large white Do Your Room Bookcase Was $149.99 now $37.48

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1234377255/ref=gp_se_search-results-asin-redirect/189-9322408-5070059?ie=UTF8&asin=B000ES5VWK

Also wanted to say that this is a very nice. It took me about an hour to put it together and it went together like a dream and looks great. AWESOME FIND!!!

###097040410 Medium White Do Your Room storage Bookcase Was $89.99 now $22.48

I also saw a bookcase for the kids room. It was a very large box and I think it was $37.xx (75% - I think it was white) one of those green and blue and red boxes (like the rest of the furniture boxes in the kids furniture section..

Thank you so much for this post, 3 of my 5 children had outgrown their bikes and with the weather so nice I went out yesterday in search of reasonable priced replacements. I had no idea that this late any of the clearance bikes would be left. As soon as I was in the bike section and saw the flowers, I remember this post and specifically the Hawaiian reference, I go closer and what do I see, the little red sticker on the handlebar saying 22.xx (75%). I was so stoked, I immediately search the others for a boys bike on sale, no luck there but I have one happy little girl.

The other thing that I haven't seen mentioned was some a 12pk solor powered lights for the lawn, they were marked 50% off to $34.xx There were several in 2 colors(bronze and black)had lots so I didn't get any. I will check back and see if I can catch at 75%

I also saw one of the magic chef icemakers that had been a display unit was on the shelf marked $84.xx. From reading here I knew it had gone down further. So I punched the number in the price checker and came up item not found. No luck despite asking a couple of different associates with the price gun. One told me $84.xx was the lowest they went and the customer service desk says she didnt even see any listed as being in stock and that they "never" sold display units anyway. So they couldn't give it to me for the $84 either, definitely no chance of seeing the $42.49 at that store, lol. Of course I left it right there.

Still lots of ds, ps2, psp, ps3 and wii games on clearance, on 30%, books, also 30%, 1 6in digital frame $49 (50%) valentines was 15% off as well. global bazaar 50% but whole aisle of bulk full price, strange.

Happy shopping everyone.

You're welcome!!!

I've only seen the red tags in the bike section in one Target (of the 4 I shop at) so I was affraid it was just that one store but I'm glad you were able to find some as well.