Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I am curious..seeing how diff. Targets put different items on clearance quite often, it would seem beneficial in some cases to buy something at one Target, where that particular item is plentiful and is not being clearanced and return to the other Target, that has started the mark-down process for that particular item, to increase one's chances of getting this item 50% or 75% off. Are there any holes in this theory?

Does anyone think they'll mark the Valentine's Day stuff 50% off on or before Valentine's Day??

Also, the above theory...I think it might work in theory but a few things to consider

1. You return the item that's 50% off to the Target store #2, and someone else buys it b/c they are willing to pay 50% off for the item.

2. You should consider how far away are the Target stores and how much is your time and the cost of gas worth to you? I mean if you return this item to the 2nd Target store are you going to take time out of your day EVERY day and spend gas money to go there EVERYDAY to make sure the item you returned is still there AND marked 75% off?? If store #1 has a lot of the item you want marked down and is closer to your home, perhaps you could just go the THAT store everyday and monitor it? This way you're at least working with a store that has a few of the item in stock.

I'm sure many people who post in this thread will tell you how they've been fortunate enough to find someone's "stash" that was hidden or they've grabbed an item that was returned and on sale.

Does anyone think they'll mark the Valentine's Day stuff 50% off on or before Valentine's Day??

Also, the above theory...I think it might work in theory but a few things to consider

1. You return the item that's 50% off to the Target store #2, and someone else buys it b/c they are willing to pay 50% off for the item.

2. You should consider how far away are the Target stores and how much is your time and the cost of gas worth to you? I mean if you return this item to the 2nd Target store are you going to take time out of your day EVERY day and spend gas money to go there EVERYDAY to make sure the item you returned is still there AND marked 75% off?? If store #1 has a lot of the item you want marked down and is closer to your home, perhaps you could just go the THAT store everyday and monitor it? This way you're at least working with a store that has a few of the item in stock.

I'm sure many people who post in this thread will tell you how they've been fortunate enough to find someone's "stash" that was hidden or they've grabbed an item that was returned and on sale.

It makes me wonder where people put their stash.. I'm probably not looking in the right place, but I would love to one day find one. I am sure to say I am terrified their cameras are always starring at me.

I am curious..seeing how diff. Targets put different items on clearance quite often, it would seem beneficial in some cases to buy something at one Target, where that particular item is plentiful and is not being clearanced and return to the other Target, that has started the mark-down process for that particular item, to increase one's chances of getting this item 50% or 75% off. Are there any holes in this theory?

No, it works. It works to get something that is full price at one store and 75% off at another. However, you run the risk of an employee taking it. If you do it, you will want to buy a few of the item you want and either return it to a store you know does restocking very, very quickly, and you have time to hang around a bit. Or do it at close to closing, and come back in the morning hoping it was restocked overnight.

I agree with atn1275 that it has to be worth the driving. Here I have half a dozen stores within spitting distance and another 10 or so with a little drive. Not everyone does. But you can easily avoid the problem of the 50% off buyer by simply waiting till it goes down and returning more than one. I did this recently. The only problem I had was that not everything came out to the floor right away so I had to watch for it.

Nope, not a chance. They take advantage of the last minute people who need a gift. I've never seen it drop before Vday. It is such a bummer that I'm traveling this year for the after Vday sale!! I am not going to get to go at all. Ugh. I am going to be in Manhattan and without a vehicle, not that I'd know where the Targets are in the NYC area anyway...

It makes me wonder where people put their stash.. I'm probably not looking in the right place, but I would love to one day find one. I am sure to say I am terrified their cameras are always starring at me.

LOL...after every holiday when it goes 75% off my DD7 will run around looking for people's hiding places! She's awesome at it (much better than I am)...so far she's found DVDs, MLPs, Kelly dolls, etch a sketches, etc. She loves doing it because then she gets the toys she finds (whereas I wouldn't buy that stuff otherwise). It's super funny because before the clearances she'll look at the section and say, mom lets come back when it goes clearance :D

**I hear you about someone else buying it and the gas/time issues. However sometimes I might drive to a Target that's a bit further away (15/20 miles or so) because I have fun looking for these different bargains and to have some time away from the kids (so I don't go koo-koo :)) Or if it's too cold outside we just go with ds1 to get out of the house so I don't count gas cause it's all for fun in anyway.

Plus I wouldn't stalk the store everyday. I might just call to see if the price went down (on the usual mark-down day for that item) and then plan accordingly. I mean if it's not there then it wasn't meant to be..

Also the reason I have been thinking that is because I have been seeing lots of items that are going through the clearancing process in one store but in the rest of them they stay full price. So there wouldn't be any reason to stalk there Targets.

I always find stuff in the furniture. It amazes me how many times I find stuff in the drawers. lol

Lately I find the stashes behind the toys and/or stuffed animals (that was the christmas stash I found). (board games too is a popular stash hide-out).

Whenever I go to target I am tempted to go to he furniture aisle to check on the 'stash' but get paranoid feeling they are zooming in on me like A criminal. I know... It's my conscience talking to me. I never seemed to find anything. Does that mean I need to check every single drawer? I've heard of hiding things in trash cans, but is that the heavy duty ones or the little ones? CONFUSED!!!!!!

Whenever I go to target I am tempted to go to he furniture aisle to check on the 'stash' but get paranoid feeling they are zooming in on me like A criminal. I know... It's my conscience talking to me. I never seemed to find anything. Does that mean I need to check every single drawer? I've heard of hiding things in trash cans, but is that the heavy duty ones or the little ones? CONFUSED!!!!!!

There is nothing wrong with looking inside of the drawers or trash cans lots of people do it to check the quality and size

Ran to the Target in Watertown NY on Sunday and got an Ammana Brand Stainless steel grill with side burner for 48.98 marked down from 198. I didn't even second guess I grabbed it and ran. I think they may have been from last season.

Great find!!! I've been checking daily to see if it was going to go on clearance but it took months. If I recall it's since last august. I bought one at $89 but really wanted it for $49. I'm glad I ended with one because I returned 2 days later and they were all sold out. Do u by any chance have the dcpi number? I wanna try to find another for a gift.

The dcpi for the grill is 009070290 the original price was 179.99 on clearance for 44.98 :cheesy:

The grills are usually located in the seasonal section/garden center. There were only 4 left at my store when I took one.

DH and I are going to dinner tonight and I am running in to Target to check for the ice maker. I soooo want one. I go through a bag of ice a day.

Ran to the Target in Watertown NY on Sunday and got an Ammana Brand Stainless steel grill with side burner for 48.98 marked down from 198. I didn't even second guess I grabbed it and ran. I think they may have been from last season.

I don't remember ever seeing grills at Target. Are they at both SuperTarget and Targets? We really need to replace our propane grill. Will have to keep an eye on these. Thanks for the heads up!

I called one time to double check on the price and the lady on other end told me there are no grills til spring/summer. Keep in mind, I've been eyeing the grill for a long time. I thought she'd lost her mind. I told her to double check. She got annoyed and put on hold for a long time so I finally gave up and hung up on her.

2/11, I am not seeing any posts today? anyone visited target? what is going on with the global bazaar stuff? when do you suspect 75% off?

I ran to Target this morning to get a few Valentines things for the kids for school. Didn;t find much of anything. Kids hats and gloves were now 75% off. That could have happened before today as I have not been to Target in a few days (since Sunday). Other than that I did not find much.

They did have one Kids Digital art studio in the toy dept for $17.xx. I would have bought it but it looked like it had been opened and the box was really dmamaged. I figured it was a return so I did not buy it. I could not gift it that way and my kids got it for Christmas so no use for me.

The GB stuff was still at 50% here this morning.

###097040804 large white Do Your Room Bookcase Was $149.99 now $37.48

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1234377255/ref=gp_se_search-results-asin-redirect/189-9322408-5070059?ie=UTF8&asin=B000ES5VWK

Also wanted to say that this is a very nice. It took me about an hour to put it together and it went together like a dream and looks great. AWESOME FIND!!!

###097040410 Medium White Do Your Room storage Bookcase Was $89.99 now $22.48

###097040804 large white Do Your Room Bookcase Was $149.99 now $37.48

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-1/qid=1234377255/ref=gp_se_search-results-asin-redirect/189-9322408-5070059?ie=UTF8&asin=B000ES5VWK

Also wanted to say that this is a very nice. It took me about an hour to put it together and it went together like a dream and looks great. AWESOME FIND!!!

###097040410 Medium White Do Your Room storage Bookcase Was $89.99 now $22.48

Cute bookcases, will have to check my Target for them. Thanks for posting!:yup: