Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

AWESOME DEAL ON SOBE LIFE WATER

If any of you drink vitamin water or life water, Target has a GREAT deal running right now (YMMV). They are currently on sale at 10 for $10. With this promotion, if you purchase 10 you receive a $5 gift card. There was a $.40 off coupon stuck on the top of each bottle, making them $.60 each. When you factor in the gift card, this makes them TEN CENTS EACH!! .60 x 10= $6 - $5 gift card = $1.00 for TEN! Wow! I was so excited, I just bought 40. Watch the expiration dates, mine ranged from June - August 09. Some of these are low calorie, some of them are 0 calorie. They taste great, especially lemonade and berry. Very comparable to Vitamin Water. A great soda replacement!

I would like to know this too. I wish I would have bought DD9 a new bike at x-mas (I liked the one at wal-mart on BF) I didn't realize she was too big for her bike and now that it is a balmy 45 degrees she took it out of the garage and her knees hit the handlebars! So now I need a bike and a ride-on for DD1.

If you're talking about the ones that were $29 on BF, they still have them in the stores around here, so you might go check your Walmart when you get the chance. We got those for my kids on BF, and the other day I saw the boys' version in their store for only $17. Even if the girls' version isn't down to $17, it has been $29 every time I've seen it since BF.

Hope this helps!

If you're talking about the ones that were $29 on BF, they still have them in the stores around here, so you might go check your Walmart when you get the chance. We got those for my kids on BF, and the other day I saw the boys' version in their store for only $17. Even if the girls' version isn't down to $17, it has been $29 every time I've seen it since BF.

Hope this helps!

**Are you talking about a ride-on? Because it's sure sounds cheap for a bike. Is there a picture anywhere on-line (Walmart, Amazon, etc.) so I can understand what you guys are talking about.

I have a question though.. if/when do they usually discount ride-on toys? Thanks!

**I just realized that the one I'm looking for is probably not called a ride-on. I was really asking about those things which are battery operated and they ride like 2 miles an hour and you ride them outside.. I don't even know which ones Target carries but maybe something like this:

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/02/70/84/59/0002708459643_215X215.jpg

AWESOME DEAL ON SOBE LIFE WATER

If any of you drink vitamin water or life water, Target has a GREAT deal running right now (YMMV). They are currently on sale at 10 for $10. With this promotion, if you purchase 10 you receive a $5 gift card. There was a $.40 off coupon stuck on the top of each bottle, making them $.60 each. When you factor in the gift card, this makes them TEN CENTS EACH!! .60 x 10= $6 - $5 gift card = $1.00 for TEN! Wow! I was so excited, I just bought 40. Watch the expiration dates, mine ranged from June - August 09. Some of these are low calorie, some of them are 0 calorie. They taste great, especially lemonade and berry. Very comparable to Vitamin Water. A great soda replacement!

Wow great deal!! I hope I can find some at my Target tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!!

Wonder if that's illegal not paying for that box and if I need to bring it back and pay for it or what?? (Maybe I should just pretend I got them at 75% off :))

Pretty sure it would be considered stealing however they have often done this type of thing to me with pop, diapers lots of larger items I tell them "oh I have 2 or 3 of these" and for some reason my receipt will only show 1, I personally consider it there mistake.

Edited by 2domjon

**I saw a 20" (I think?) bike at 50% at Target a couple of days ago. I mentioned it in one of my posts above. It was 4x.xx down from 8x.xx. Not a Schwinn but some other brand. Hawaiian motive (either light blue, or purple or pink - something light for sure)

It was def. a large bike in with the rest of them on the back wall. I saw at least 3 all with a red sticker. It's hard to know they're on sale cause there's no sign or anything but if you're looking specifically through that area you should be able to spot the little red tags..

(Hopefully this wasn't just a one-store deal..)

I picked up my nephew a 20" mongoose bike today down from $149 to $37.?? It is black with some gray. DH hid it in the garage till next month but it only had the red sticker on the bike no other labeling. From my receipt it says seasonal garden center(weird), fs bike 20 inch and it was $37.48. Numbers 082050010

I picked up my nephew a 20" mongoose bike today down from $149 to $37.?? It is black with some gray. DH hid it in the garage till next month but it only had the red sticker on the bike no other labeling. From my receipt it says seasonal garden center(weird), fs bike 20 inch and it was $37.48. Numbers 082050010

OH man I been watching that bike to only 50% off around me, my DS11 keeps bugging me for it I told him be patient it will go down before it is nice enough to even ride it so it's nice to know you found it for 75% off keeps hope alive for me!!

Some random finds in the last couple of days:

### Greatland portable hammock, around $20 (75%)

This had mixed reviews online, but I set it up in the living room and it worked great (would not have paid full price, tho).

### 088040265 Nike Durafeel Mens Golf Glove $2.54 (75%)

### 088040977 Nike Womens Golf Visor $4.24 (75%)

They also had a lot of Jr golf gloves and random golf items like softspikes and tees. Wish I could have found a womens' golf glove that fit so I can use that $2X.XX golf set I got a couple weeks back.

I also scored two Christmas organizers (small stacking boxes and an ornament box), an Eddie Bauer weatherstation and a Star Wars Didj that had to have been returns or back room stragglers because they were definitely not there the last several times I looked.

World Bazar 50 & 75 % off today. I got Bedspread and 2 pillow shams ,

Bedspread was 75 off for 17.99 and pillows 24.00 each. Wall art and mirrow 40 each.

Found a lamp that rang up 1 cent but when the cashier scanned it rang up 74.00 so I dont know what happened.

I'm a faithful reader of this great website but I haven't posted before.....but I had to tell you that I found FOUR MM grape juice packs for 0.69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it and was giddy with delight! I guess the whole driving one hour (to Danville , VA) from my house to pick up some 50% Waverly Home towels was worth it after all......:cheesy:

###082070395 Razor Pocket Mod Bistro Scooter $114.XX 50% off

http://www.target.com/Razor-Pocket-Mod-Bistro-Scooter/dp/B000W5XUGO/sr=1-18/qid=1234065727/ref=sr_1_18/181-5768449-6358269?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Ascooter&page=1

I was at my local target today and just happened to walk by the 75% off toy isle so I decided to take a look. There were two of these scooters neatly placed on the shelf. The only thing that was ove rthere was 75% off toys so I figured I would see how much it rang up. Neither of the scooters had a red clearance tag. I managed to pull it off the shelf but I knew I would be unable to carry it to a scanner. I called some one over from electronics and they scanned it with the hand scanner the price above is what he said it rang up and it stated that it was clearance. I had no idea what the original price was so I decided not to get it. I came home and looked it up online and saw that the original price was 229. I went back and one was already gone and the other one that I pulled off the shelf was still sitting where had set it right by the shelf. I went back later to try and get it at 75%. When I called someone over they said that it was ringing up 50% and if it would have been on the shelf they would have given it to me for 75% but because I pulled it off the shelf and they didn't see it on the shelf t hey wouldn't! UGH!

http://www.target.com/Razor-Pocket-Mod-Bistro-Scooter/dp/B000W5XUGO/sr=1-18/qid=1234065727/ref=sr_1_18/181-5768449-6358269?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Ascooter&page=1

I was at my local target today and just happened to walk by the 75% off toy isle so I decided to take a look. There were two of these scooters neatly placed on the shelf. The only thing that was ove rthere was 75% off toys so I figured I would see how much it rang up. Neither of the scooters had a red clearance tag. I managed to pull it off the shelf but I knew I would be unable to carry it to a scanner. I called some one over from electronics and they scanned it with the hand scanner the price above is what he said it rang up and it stated that it was clearance. I had no idea what the original price was so I decided not to get it. I came home and looked it up online and saw that the original price was 229. I went back and one was already gone and the other one that I pulled off the shelf was still sitting where had set it right by the shelf. I went back later to try and get it at 75%. When I called someone over they said that it was ringing up 50% and if it would have been on the shelf they would have given it to me for 75% but because I pulled it off the shelf and they didn't see it on the shelf t hey wouldn't! UGH!

**Hm...would they have really given it to you if it was still on the shelf? I guess I don't quite get how that makes a difference because they have had Toys as low as 75% sitting on these shelves with signs saying 30%.

I guess this makes me even sadder.. Because I've had this very dissapointing experience at Target this week when I was told by an employee with a scanner-gun a ride-on was 75% off but once I got it home I came to realize it was only 30% off. The thing is, the box with a ride-on was on the top shelve in that clearance isle that still had 75% off sign. It looks a little weird on one side too, can't really understand if it was opened before (so might be a return) or if the box was just slightly damaged by something sharp..

I couldln't even get that thing down so I called an employee and asked him to scan it for me and he told me it was $50. Now, I have no idea how much these things cost, so I assumed it was one of those $200 dollar ones (Plus it kinda seemed reasonable - seeing how Smores, Biscuit, Kota and all those other bigger toys were clearanced around $50.)

Problem is, I asked him if this was a clearance item at 75% and he told me to wait SO HE CAN DOUBLE-CHECK!! So he stands there punching some numbers, then confidently tells me - Yep, it's 75% off!! So I told him to load it into my cart..

Come home, try to look it up on the Internet and find it at Walmart at around $69. I call this Target and they confirm they have this one for $59 and the girl has no idea whether this is a Clearance item or regular price or what.. Call another Target and this girl tells me they have this ride-on in the system for $69.xx and that is indeed the Original Price.

So now I'm stuck with this HUGE box that I have to drive back to Target! I've wasted my time, gas and whatever else and on top I was so excited to get a good deal because I really need a ride-on for ds1 for summer but not something that has iffy reviews and at 30% off..

So is there anyway I can get this thing at 75%? Like bring it back on Wensday and return on Thursday morning hoping to see it marked-down more (then do that once again in two weeks or so??) Should I wait another week or more to return this one?? I really don't understand how does it work with timing and marking these things down?? Cause it seems that if I wait for a month and bring it back then they would have to clearance it at 75% off right away or am I missing something??

Also if I bring it back to the store that has this one in the system full price they wouldn't put it on mark-down right? So I have to make sure to bring it back to the same store where I bought it?

Although..I have to say I'm not even sure I have seen any of these ride-ons in Target before. Are they selling these 6-volt outside things or are they going to be brining these out comes closer to Summer?

Did all of the bulk stuff go on clearance? I was looking for trash bags and toilet paper. They have been moved to the regular shelves and were ringing up full price last time I was there. The stuff still in the bulk aisle was 15% off at the time.

Very little of my bulk stuff went 50% off. Most went back in the regular aisle. That is normal at some stores. They allow it to go 15% and maybe even 30% off to get stock down at a manageable level but then they put it back with the regular stock at regular price.

yeah, not sure what is going on with these. They are new and full price everywhere around here.

**Hm...would they have really given it to you if it was still on the shelf? I guess I don't quite get how that makes a difference because they have had Toys as low as 75% sitting on these shelves with signs saying 30%.

\

The 30% signs say "and up" most of the time. If they see it on the 75% off shelf, they will generally honor it. They are legally supposed to in most areas. I just got some pink Domos from the Valentines section yesterday because they had it in a $1.99 spot.

For future reference, I always grab an employee to witness it and confirm it if I know the price is going to vary from the shelf and there is only one. In this case I might have told them to check the security footage. They might not do it, but they might. They are easily able to do it for checkout to see if a cashier gave you all your items or your cash back, and they have them set for all the expensive items, so you might have had some luck. I'd certainly have asked for the store manager.

Speaking of store managers, Targets are especially hard to pin down to figure out who the overall store manager is. But if you can do that, it is particularly helpful. If you ask the cashier's or someone you have gotten to know a bit in the store, you can usually get the manager's first name and eventually have someone point them out. Then, if you have a problem down the road, you can ask for them by name. They aren't always in the store, but I have found that I get what I want more often with the store manager than just a front end manager. They claim to all have equal authority, but it is clearly untrue.

Yea, I am going to target this morning to see if I can talk with someone. I went to customer service last night and asked the cashier if they had someone that could pull up video footage to which she replied "yes". I told her the whole story from earlier and she just said "well um they probably aren't going to pull up video for that ma'am. if it didn't have a clearance sticker then it probably just wasn't even on sale". I just left. Even though it didn't have a sticker on it, it was ringing up 50% off and placed with all the 75% off items ON the shelf. LOL. Is it silly that I would ask them to pull up video footage for 50$ difference cause for some reason I feel a little silly asking.

Yea, I am going to target this morning to see if I can talk with someone. I went to customer service last night and asked the cashier if they had someone that could pull up video footage to which she replied "yes". I told her the whole story from earlier and she just said "well um they probably aren't going to pull up video for that ma'am. if it didn't have a clearance sticker then it probably just wasn't even on sale". I just left. Even though it didn't have a sticker on it, it was ringing up 50% off and placed with all the 75% off items ON the shelf. LOL. Is it silly that I would ask them to pull up video footage for 50$ difference cause for some reason I feel a little silly asking.

It is one of those things that they probably won't cooperate with you on. But if you had done it immediately you might have gotten somewhere. On the other hand, if you are going to ask, I'd first try to get the store manager, and make sure it isn't just the manager on duty. I'd also make it clear that Target has become famous for it's video surveillance on all these news programs and their write-up last year in Fortune magazine. In other words, if you are going to raise a stink, try to think it through and do it right. Get the main guy who can make that kind of decision, and let them know that you know how they work. Also, try to find out what the weights & measures law is in your county. There will likely be a sticker at every register with the county phone number on it regarding reporting scanner overcharges. Call them and ask. Or go online and find out.

I'm a faithful reader of this great website but I haven't posted before.....but I had to tell you that I found FOUR MM grape juice packs for 0.69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it and was giddy with delight!

Congratulations!!!!!!

One of my Target's had it on the toy clearance aisle but it was near the 30% signs even though it rang for 50%. I passed, but if it makes it to 75% I'll definitley pick at least one up for Christmas!