Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

HORRAY!!! I found my first MM fruit punch today 3 of them for $.69 a piece what a steal!! sitting right there in the front of all the packs of 15!! also found:

###007080303 huggies baby lotion $1.38 (50%off)

###059101419 handy manny coloring book with crayons $1.47 (50%off)

###270060760 vans pizza pockets $1.98 (50%off)

###288090216 Mrs smith 100 calories brownies pack of 4 $.98 (50% off)

also got lent roller with refill 75% off fabulsos 2 pack 50% off big pack of 175 play balls 75% off

not to bad a day!!!

I don't think so. The area that the bulk items were in will be used for: Valentine's; Easter; Summer; School; Halloween; and, Christmas.

I am pretty sure they do the bulk between holidays/seasons. I know last year I got the bulk diapers and wipes in July. By the end of July they were marked down to 30% off. I only remember this because we were camping and I had some great coupons for diapers and wipes and my hubby was mad that I left the camping trip for a bit to go to Target!

HORRAY!!! I found my first MM fruit punch today 3 of them for $.69 a piece what a steal!! sitting right there in the front of all the packs of 15!! also found:

###007080303 huggies baby lotion $1.38 (50%off)

###059101419 handy manny coloring book with crayons $1.47 (50%off)

###270060760 vans pizza pockets $1.98 (50%off)

###288090216 Mrs smith 100 calories brownies pack of 4 $.98 (50% off)

also got lent roller with refill 75% off fabulsos 2 pack 50% off big pack of 175 play balls 75% off

not to bad a day!!!

I also found my first set of MM apple juice. I found 6 packages. I was so excited. I have four kids and they take lunch everyday..........so what a great buy.

All the toys are gone, but I was lucky and bought the cosmic catcher. I am sure my son's will love it.:yup:

Are there going to be Bulk items again (Diapers , etc.) after Valentines and other Holidays too?

Thanks!

I am pretty sure they do the bulk between holidays/seasons. I know last year I got the bulk diapers and wipes in July. By the end of July they were marked down to 30% off. I only remember this because we were camping and I had some great coupons for diapers and wipes and my hubby was mad that I left the camping trip for a bit to go to Target!

Yup. That's right. They do it anytime there is a little extra time between holidays/seasons. They might do it between Vday & Easter this year since Easter is so late. Last year Easter was VERY early, so they barely had time to get it out. Hard to say this year if they'll bother. They generally go straight from Easter to Summer, then clear out Summer in July and do bulk for a while before Back to School & Halloween.

Found few things yestrday on sale

Thomas The Thank Engine products - 50 % off 0 there were 9.99 originally

Harold helicopter with helipad and station - 4.98

Air plane set - 4.98

Thomas Water Tower - 4.98 and few more

and Crayola finger paint books for 1.48 orig. 2.xx

Dove conditioner .very big navy blue bottle - for 4.25 if you have coupon may get 3.25

Found few things yestrday on sale

Thomas The Thank Engine products - 50 % off 0 there were 9.99 originally

Harold helicopter with helipad and station - 4.98

Air plane set - 4.98

Thomas Water Tower - 4.98 and few more

and Crayola finger paint books for 1.48 orig. 2.xx

Dove conditioner .very big navy blue bottle - for 4.25 if you have coupon may get 3.25

Were the toys for Trackmaster?

Here's the Thomas the Train stuff:

### 204.03.0351 Trackmaster - Bridge Extension Pack (Qty=12) - $4.98 (was $9.99)

### 204.03.0355 Trackmaster - Maron Water Tower - $4.98 (was $9.99)

### 204.03.3165 Take Along - Working Hard Gift Pack (2 die cast trains) - $4.98 (was $9.99)

### 204.03.3164 Take Along - Percy & the Smelting Shop - $4.98 (was $9.99)

### 204.03.2917 Trackmaster - Jeremy at the Hanger - $4.98 (was $9.99)

Also got the digital picture frame for 75% off:

### 074.15.2963 BPIDION 7" digital photo frame (mocha) - $21.24 (was $84.99)

i was in target today...the global home stuff was 50% (even at 50% off still to rich for my budget). the bulk stuff was about gone even thought the signs said 30% off still. alot of the bedding stuff was on clearance. i did get 2 ds games I have been looking at on sale or price drop or whatever. they were $15 each instead of $20 each. So I was happy.

I'm brand new to this part of the forum. Is there a way to use the DPCI and find out your store's price, or why does everyone list it?

Thanks in advance

Sometimes the store will have a scanner with a key pad and you can punch in the number to check the price.

The forum lists all clearance by dpci at the beginning of the thread in an easy to read daily format so you can scan that instead of all the posts.

There is also an on/off website that some have used to see if any of a product is at a local store. I believe the website currently doesnt' work again...it is really quite hit and miss.

I'm brand new to this part of the forum. Is there a way to use the DPCI and find out your store's price, or why does everyone list it?

Thanks in advance

Sometimes the store will have a scanner with a key pad and you can punch in the number to check the price.

The forum lists all clearance by dpci at the beginning of the thread in an easy to read daily format so you can scan that instead of all the posts.

There is also an on/off website that some have used to see if any of a product is at a local store. I believe the website currently doesnt' work again...it is really quite hit and miss.

You can also use the number by taking it to guest services and asking them to locate stock at other stores or see if they have more in the back if you are searching. You can use it to call and ask the price for the item by DPCI to see if it has dropped. You can also use it to ask anyone with a PDA (price scanner gun) to see if they have more in the store or to give you the price.

I've been to two diff. Targets, one yesterday and one Today and have finding to report from both but my receipt from yesterday is somewhere upstairs (ds1 is sleeping) so I'll have to add that in a bit.

So I finally found Diego bike helmet at 75% for 3+. Can't believe they actually had two of them. I kept seeing 5+ and didn't even think they made 3+ but they did and I got it! Now if I can only find a girl's one for 5+ at 75% I'd be all set. :)

###082-01-0476 Diego Helmet 3+ $4.98 (75%)

No bulk items at this store.

Saw lots of LED book reading lights for 75%. I guess no one wants them.

Lots of children sticker/activity books I'd be interested in but still only at 50%. They moved them to electronics end-isle though..

Also cd wallets at 75%.

Saw Thomas take-along one-pks. and 3-pks. at 50% (as prev. mentioned by the poster above.)

And some tracks and brige pk at 50%. I thought that was super weird that some of these new toys are being discounted. I thought for sure there won't be any more discounts in Toys for a while.

Also there were some card games at 50% as well. Same end-cap in Toys section.

They actually still had about a quarter of a half isle of Toys left at 75%. Some bears and electronic toys and some kind of plastic purple rainbow playset..

I have a question though.. if/when do they usually discount ride-on toys? Thanks!

I've been to two diff. Targets, one yesterday and one Today and have finding to report from both but my receipt from yesterday is somewhere upstairs (ds1 is sleeping) so I'll have to add that in a bit.

So I finally found Diego bike helmet at 75% for 3+. Can't believe they actually had two of them. I kept seeing 5+ and didn't even think they made 3+ but they did and I got it! Now if I can only find a girl's one for 5+ at 75% I'd be all set. :)

###082-01-0476 Diego Helmet 3+ $4.98 (75%)

No bulk items at this store.

Saw lots of LED book reading lights for 75%. I guess no one wants them.

Lots of children sticker/activity books I'd be interested in but still only at 50%. They moved them to electronics end-isle though..

Also cd wallets at 75%.

Saw Thomas take-along one-pks. and 3-pks. at 50% (as prev. mentioned by the poster above.)

And some tracks and brige pk at 50%. I thought that was super weird that some of these new toys are being discounted. I thought for sure there won't be any more discounts in Toys for a while.

Also there were some card games at 50% as well. Same end-cap in Toys section.

They actually still had about a quarter of a half isle of Toys left at 75%. Some bears and electronic toys and some kind of plastic purple rainbow playset..

I have a question though.. if/when do they usually discount ride-on toys? Thanks!

I would like to know this too. I wish I would have bought DD9 a new bike at x-mas (I liked the one at wal-mart on BF) I didn't realize she was too big for her bike and now that it is a balmy 45 degrees she took it out of the garage and her knees hit the handlebars! So now I need a bike and a ride-on for DD1.

The Target I went to yesterday still had a tiny bit of Bulk left and lucky for me there were 3 boxes of diapers - 2 of those were size 6 so I grabed them! They are Huggies and not Pampers (which we usually use) but that works too!

Funny thing is, as I was going around the perimeter just looking for stuff that I might be interested in and that I thought could be 75% I ended up with 3 things in my cart which rang NOF!!

Brown bath towels - 2 pk. and two princess shoes (marry janes and snickers).

In the end they said shoes were full price and they wanted to charge me 3.xx for towels so I said No Thank You!! (I find this Target never budges on prices and are kind of rude too.)

I did find those electric scizzors at 75%. I think I saw them once before but didn't think we needed them. Well hubby and I were the talking the night before about cutting up all those carton boxes that we've kept in case anything needed to be returned. We have so many now they are taking up half of our office. Naturally, I thought these would be perfect for that. Too bad for hubby they are a very pretty shade of pink though.. :)

This Target also had lots of mark-downs in dishes. I know people have mentioned Correlle set before at 17.xx but they had a bunch of other sets at the same price as well. I'm not sure if they had the actual merchandise still left or not though.. They do it kind of different from other Targets, because they put each set on display, above the boxes and list the price right there.

I did find a 4 pk. of very pretty red margarita glasses at 5.xx down from 20.xx in with the dishes.

Oh.. and while the guy waited FOREVER for the mngr. to show up to tell him what all of those NOF things cost and then while they argued with me and took FOREVER to come up with the prices, the guy ended up only scanning one box of my diapers. Even though I told him 3 times to not forget to scan them because both boxes were under the cart. I really felt like a criminal coming up to that register with all of these NOF things even though I didn't hid them but I sure felt strange about it all. That's why I insisted on him to scan the diapers!! Well ds1 was getting tired and even started screaming at one point so I couldn't wait to get out of there..

Wonder if that's illegal not paying for that box and if I need to bring it back and pay for it or what?? (Maybe I should just pretend I got them at 75% off :))

Edited by arelf27

I would like to know this too. I wish I would have bought DD9 a new bike at x-mas (I liked the one at wal-mart on BF) I didn't realize she was too big for her bike and now that it is a balmy 45 degrees she took it out of the garage and her knees hit the handlebars! So now I need a bike and a ride-on for DD1.

**I saw a 20" (I think?) bike at 50% at Target a couple of days ago. I mentioned it in one of my posts above. It was 4x.xx down from 8x.xx. Not a Schwinn but some other brand. Hawaiian motive (either light blue, or purple or pink - something light for sure)

It was def. a large bike in with the rest of them on the back wall. I saw at least 3 all with a red sticker. It's hard to know they're on sale cause there's no sign or anything but if you're looking specifically through that area you should be able to spot the little red tags..

(Hopefully this wasn't just a one-store deal..)

I saw this easel Today at Target. I haven't seen it before Today and wasn't aware that Target even carries this one. This might be something they just newly stocked on.. Well I have this one, as someone gave this to my kids for Christmas, bought at Amazon. We've never opened it because I don't see much use to it (seems like you have to buy paper for it and there's no chalk board.) Plus I already bought another one also Rose Art for $5 (75%).

Can I return this to Target without a receipt?? Also if I just saw it Today at one store does that mean all stores will be able to take it or should I go back to that store?? (Should I hurry because if they sell these out they might no longer have DCPI in their system and they will not be able to take it back?)

Sorry, I'm confused on how this works.. Thanks for any info!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41uNHQz-ZYL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Yey!! I saw it at Walmart Today for 37.xx so will try to return there for sure. All of a sudden I'm seeing this thing everywhere - must be a new design which the stores are now all getting in stock.

Funny thing is, my cousin got both of my kids a present from Amazon. This easel for dd3 and Little People ride-on from Target (bought through Amazon). Each was like $30-$40 and def. not worth that price. Well the Target one we brought back and got a gift card that same night it was delivered. (Oh well.. she lives in another state so she will never know I exchanged her gifts.. :))

I'm wondering though.. I saw FP Kid Tough DVD Player at Walmart Today for $10x.xx. I'm considering getting that one and seeing if it works any better than the one that I got at Target. Because apparently after I told you all it is wonderfull, my hubby is now saying we need to exchange it because it plays disks sometimes and at other times it doesn't. So can I return the one I bought at Target to Walmart and keep the one from Walmart (if it works!)? I mean if it's broken it will be shipped to the manufacturer so who cares if it's shipped by Target or Walmart.

Along those lines I was also wondering why wouldn't someone then just return the DVD Player to Walmart (after buying it at Target 75% or even at 50%) and making some dough??

**I saw a 20" (I think?) bike at 50% at Target a couple of days ago. I mentioned it in one of my posts above. It was 4x.xx down from 8x.xx. Not a Schwinn but some other brand. Hawaiian motive (either light blue, or purple or pink - something light for sure)

It was def. a large bike in with the rest of them on the back wall. I saw at least 3 all with a red sticker. It's hard to know they're on sale cause there's no sign or anything but if you're looking specifically through that area you should be able to spot the little red tags..

(Hopefully this wasn't just a one-store deal..)

Thanks so much for the speedy response! I am on my way to Target after work so I will take a look.

You can also use the number by taking it to guest services and asking them to locate stock at other stores or see if they have more in the back if you are searching. You can use it to call and ask the price for the item by DPCI to see if it has dropped. You can also use it to ask anyone with a PDA (price scanner gun) to see if they have more in the store or to give you the price.

Thank you for your help.

The 3 stores I called around here (Mpls, MN) all still have the photo frames at 50%. I was hoping to find them at 75%