Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

###088050331 Franklin 3 in 1 game (table top style w/ping pong, air hockey and hockey) 14.98 was 59.99

###088050297 Sportscraft Turbo Air Hockey 17.48 was 69.99

###204070750 Mega blocks King Arthur Castle 17.48 was 69.99

###087020892 Guitar Idol 1.98 was 7.99

###087062034 TMNT Shell Shifters 6.24 was 24.99

###087020855 Hulk Digital Camera 3.74 was 14.99

###086001442 Zero G Wand 2.48 was 9.99

###086081104 Spongebob Sundaaee Pants w/video 3.74 was 14.99

###087070093 Tech Deck 1.48 was 5.99

###086002521 Magnext 360 Magna Case 14.98 was 59.99

###088050293 Spongebob slam dunk basketball 7.48 was 29.99

###086002521 Magnext Spheron Triple Launcher 6.24 was 24.99

###087021463 Clone trooper blaster game 12.48 was 49.99

###204040898 Leap frog Crammer 14.98 was 59.99

Also found the Clone Wars didj, Whirlball, FP DVD player and several of the ponies, I think "S'mores" - all previous posts and they were all 75% off.

Went back out this evening to the Target in Farmington, MI. Found 4 pc luggage sets for $9.xx. Toys were about all gone there. The only thing I seen left was the Crammer. I did not get it. Now that I see what others have posted I may go back in the morning and see if they still have any left. I think it will be nice for DS (8).

Now I waiting for the Quilts to go lower than 30%. I saw a really nice pink and green on that I love.

I must admit I "found" the DVD player I'm sure someone else had stashed. I hadn't really planned on getting one and I'm not sure I'm keeping it, but I couldn't resist being spiteful. I hope it didn't belong to anybody here!!:shock:

I'm curious where you found the DVD player! Was it completely by accident and luck? That would give me a good idea where NOT to stash things... :tongue1:

The other two Targets in CT near me went 75% Today. One I called around 9 and they were giving me 50% prices but when I went over at 4 p.m. everything was 75% except for the Furreal Dog and Biscuit. They still had red tags with 50% price and a big 50% sign in front. They were all together on the end cap too where everyone could see them so not sure if they were 75% or not. This Target has old scanners so no way to key in DCPI.

This Target was still full of stuff: Smart Cycles, Rose Cottage/Market, Einstein Rockets, KidiArtStudio, etc.

This might be a good tip for someone else.. this Target is in the town which is not considered too hot. It's demographics is lower-middle class I think. Well, I have found it has sooo much more merchandise left after Christmas to be discounted and even after it was being discounted it was still not flying off the shelves nearly as fast as all other Targets near me. I have actually found the same thing with their mall, during JCPenney clearance, they still had so many good deals after all Malls near me were completely sold out of everything.. So it might be worth checking Targets in neighborhoods with lower income as opposed to high income if you want to score some deals (I hope no one will find this statement offending. I'm just trying to pass on an observation and share my good experience..)

So here's what I got Today from 2 diff. Targets:

086002305 Dora & Diego Aquadoodle 7.48

086050329 Sleeping Beauty Dream Bag Set 3.74

204033028 Little Einsteins Transform and Go Rocket 10.98 (got 2nd one in case kids refuse to share)

204033068 Handy Manny Transforming Tool Truck 13.74

086100114 Bead Set 2.50

204033016 FP DVD Player Blue 37.48 (got it from stash) (Saw lots of them in prev. days but Today none to be found...)

204040073 Smart Cycle 24.98 (Very excited about this one!!)

(Also for god knows what reason the chocolate bars we have been buying a few times a week for the last few months were not in the system. It was those new Silky Smooth Dove bars (that I'm completely addicted too) - Roasted Hazelnut Milk Chocolate and Roasted Hazelnut Dark Chocolate. I just told the guy I thought they were $1 so he gave them to me for that!! I actually had no idea on the price as my hubby is the one who buys them but apparently they sell for $2.50? Maybe I should have bought more than 3 :))

I AM OFFICIALLY DONE SHOPPING TOYS CLEARANCE!!!

i just got back from going to target. i put out one of my FP dvd players. i asked a person with the hand held scanner why it was not marked down. she scanned it and said it should not be. i almost notice that someone else put one back out there. so now there are two.

she said this whole toy clearance ends on the 31st, so if it not marked down by sat. i will buy it, return it to another store and have the wife buy it again for cheaper. or raise a stink that it is not 75%.

i have two more days and now there are two out there to be reviewed by the mark down team.

There is absolutely no reason to raise a stink. Go in there tomorrow, find someone with a scanner gun AND a printer (or however you KNOW that they are on the pricing team), and tell them that it had been marked down with the toys before and you were wondering if maybe it got skipped yesterday and ask if they could please scan it. They SHOULDN'T give you any grief and should just scan it. If it is getting marked down more then their printer will print a sticker for it. It's as easy as that! I learned today that if the person is not on the pricing team then their gun won't tell you that it should go down.

Guest mzannetti

There is absolutely no reason to raise a stink. Go in there tomorrow, find someone with a scanner gun AND a printer (or however you KNOW that they are on the pricing team), and tell them that it had been marked down with the toys before and you were wondering if maybe it got skipped yesterday and ask if they could please scan it. They SHOULDN'T give you any grief and should just scan it. If it is getting marked down more then their printer will print a sticker for it. It's as easy as that! I learned today that if the person is not on the pricing team then their gun won't tell you that it should go down.

i can't get there until after 5pm. :( at work all day.

went yesterday and found a few good things (all posted already so no need to repeat them). one lady working scanning...one of the things I wanted (handy manny truck) was on the aisle behind the one she was working on. i waited a bit and then decided to ask her to scan it. boy was she mad and rude. i asked very nicely if she could please scan the items (2 of them). she told me i had to wait, I was interuppting her work. she made me stand there and wait a few mins. i know i was actually interuppting her work but i was very nice about it and she had the scan the stuff anyway. does it actually make that much difference..if it was then or in a hour? and there was no one else there..so it was not like her scanning my 2 things would have made 5 people ask.

For those who wanted to get the FP dvd player and couldn't get it, find comfort in knowing it's not worth it. I was so excited to find one yesterday, sitting all by itself on the shelf for 75% off. (I almost fainted when I saw it). Got home and tried it, it's a piece of junk. I was fine with the small screen, but the resolution is BAD and the picture has lines running through it horizontally. I'm returning it today. All that worry and excitement for nothing!

went yesterday and found a few good things (all posted already so no need to repeat them). one lady working scanning...one of the things I wanted (handy manny truck) was on the aisle behind the one she was working on. i waited a bit and then decided to ask her to scan it. boy was she mad and rude. i asked very nicely if she could please scan the items (2 of them). she told me i had to wait, I was interuppting her work. she made me stand there and wait a few mins. i know i was actually interuppting her work but i was very nice about it and she had the scan the stuff anyway. does it actually make that much difference..if it was then or in a hour? and there was no one else there..so it was not like her scanning my 2 things would have made 5 people ask.

When things were being marked down to some 50% and some 75% there where 3 ladies doing it and they told us to bring the boxes over and they would scan them. They where even yelling out the prices of toys after they scanned them. They said you might as well have some fun during the madness. Very nice ladies. Now at the other store I went too, not so nice.

For those who wanted to get the FP dvd player and couldn't get it, find comfort in knowing it's not worth it. I was so excited to find one yesterday, sitting all by itself on the shelf for 75% off. (I almost fainted when I saw it). Got home and tried it, it's a piece of junk. I was fine with the small screen, but the resolution is BAD and the picture has lines running through it horizontally. I'm returning it today. All that worry and excitement for nothing!

has anybody who has gotten these like them?

Went back out this evening to the Target in Farmington, MI. Found 4 pc luggage sets for $9.xx. Toys were about all gone there. The only thing I seen left was the Crammer. I did not get it. Now that I see what others have posted I may go back in the morning and see if they still have any left. I think it will be nice for DS (8).

Now I waiting for the Quilts to go lower than 30%. I saw a really nice pink and green on that I love.

The Crammer is totally worth it, I'm gonna try and find another one myself for a gift for my DD BF, her birthday is in may, I've already bought 5, for 14.99 it can't be beat, it's really easy to set up the only thing you have to make sure of is when u plug it into the usb port it has to be off and then turn it on otherwise it won't be recognized.

I finally made it to Target last night around 6pm. I was really disappointed-there was less than half an aisle and it was really picked over. I think maybe it went down on Wednesday instead of Thursday…I knew I should have gone to see for myself! Anyway, I did get the crammer (this is worth the $15! Very useful.) and a really nice dartboard for our game room for $20. I also found an apple MM which made up for the lack of toys. I am going to try another Target a couple towns over this afternoon to see if they have anything. I am looking for the Radio Flyer Turtle if anyone sees one anywhere in Northwest Indiana please let me know!

Tell me about it! Some stores they are happy to check, and others, just flat out rude about it. The lady who yelled at me said 'I can't keep being interrupted or I'll be here all day' the funny thing is, her co-workers kept coming back to talk to her about how hard they had to work and how they hate their jobs. Hmmmmmm...so if I really wanted to get smart I could have pointed that out, but I was more shocked at her response to me asking that I couldn't think of anything witty to say at the time. I too only asked to check two things and she refused. No one else was even near the aisle I was in at the time!

I went to 2 Target's after work last night. Very picked over. However, i did buy the biscuit. But my daughter is 8 and in the second grade....too old? Question? When is the domestics furniture and decorative pieces going 75% off? I read a post, but the stores last night only had 30%.

Someone returned 2 Smores to my Target last night. I walked around the store for an hour with that in my cart trying to get in touch with my neighbor in case she wanted it. I went ahead and got it though just in case since the other one was grabbed as soon as people saw me with mine. If i decide not to keep it I am taking it back when the Starbucks inside Target cashier gets off since she really wanted one.

I went to 2 Target's after work last night. Very picked over. However, i did buy the biscuit. But my daughter is 8 and in the second grade....too old? Question? When is the domestics furniture and decorative pieces going 75% off? I read a post, but the stores last night only had 30%.

I just got him for my DD7 (she's had me stalking him for 2 months in preparation of 75% off since that was the only way i'd get him). Lots of love for the doggie! He's actually really cool IMHO and for that price if she gets tired of him i can resell him for what I paid! :yup: win/win

Finally made it to Target last night. Toys were very picked over. In fact they only had probably 10 items, none of which I wanted. I did however find a portable hammock with stand for $20.xx, Callaway Golf Cart coolers for $2.xx, Callaway pack golf balls $2.xx, Camping Thermos $2.xx, Golf Digest Putting Green with Ball Return for $9.xx and a 7" digital picture frame for $21.xx. All in all I was pretty happy. Just wish I would have found some toys!!! I'm going to try another Target shortly.

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for all their help during this sale! I have officially become an addict! I've always loved shopping Target clearance, but never realized the 'art' to it! I hope everyone found what they wanted. I need a break from stalking them! Enjoy the weekend!!

Yesterday was the best day ever! Finally after missing the Smores pony last year and being soo bummed about this year, @ 930AM yesterday I became a proud owner of the Smore's pony. (@ 75%off) She did not fit in my car, so my friend who was with me walked her home for me in the Target cart. It was very windy here yesterday, Santa Ana winds, but my friend was nice enough to do it. I live about 5 mins away from a Target. Thanks each and every one of you for always sharing your information on this board. I am giving to my neice on Saturday for her 4th bday..

**I just walked away from 3 Smores too!! :tongue1: They did have a big sign in front of it saying 50% and the red stickers all said 99.xx (or something similar) but that whole store was 75% off so I doubt these were only 50%. I would have found out and got one for sure if I had a bigger car.. I don't think I would have been as strong as you!! But my hubby is the one who drives SUV so I decided to walk away..

BTW my motivation was Live Elmo who's been sitting in the corner since Christmas. The only person who plays with it is me :). (At least I got it for $27.xx)

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/universalfan/phone055.jpg

I don't have a large car & it fit fine (Smores). I drive a Honda Fit.

One item i forgot that i got and it's a really good deal, great reviews on Amazon

##091040442 $24.99/99.99

Garmin Forerunner 101 Runner's pack It's a gps and personal trainer for running and walking.

**I got that one too!! My hubby has 201 version and LOVES his. I think he did all kinds of reviews before he bought his and he runs 3 times a week every week...

Not sure what we're going to do with this one but I couldn't pass it up when I saw the price since I know he paid like 4 times more for his.

Funny thing is I went to another Target and spotted another one exactly like that but it had no red sticker and scanned at $99.99?? I wanted to ask someone with a gun to scan it but then I thought wouldn't it have to be discounted to 30% then 50% first??

Was looking for the parachutes and the black and decker screwdrivers, none to be found. I did find 6 Smores in one store, along with a FP workbench set, two puppet theaters, the Einsteins rocketship, none of which I was interested in. However I did find, which I purchased the Rainforest Swing, two MM fruit punch, 18 photo snow globes, 3 D&D Aquadoodle, 6 holiday barbie with accessories, Radio Flyer turtle, FP gas station, etc. Most happiest about the snowglobes. They have been at 30% off all this time. I'm using them for family gifts next year with the photos already installed in them. It's really nice. It plays music as well. Also found a leopard print blanket for 75% off, $6.24. also some Swiss Army knives.

Again, thanks to everyone for all of the tips and info. It helps to be on the West Coast so I read about all of your finds before my stores even open up.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c91/universalfan/phone055.jpg

I don't have a large car & it fit fine (Smores). I drive a Honda Fit.

Nice pic! :) Yours looks different though. I have a Nissan Maxima and the only place to put the box would have been the trunk. It's very large and long but obiously not very high..so I doubt it would fit. I already got so many big boxes and big presents for the kids too (Smart Cycle, FP DVD Player, Digital Arts & Crafts Studio, Step 2 and Circo train tables, Handy Manny Truck, 2 Little Einsteis Rockets not to mention all the Thomas Train and McQueen stuff) and they are still very young dd3 & ds1 that I think I can wait until next year. Wonder if they will come out with another animal or what??