Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

At the last toy clearance, I got a Thomas the train box set and it turns out one of the wooden tracks was missing. Target couldn't do anything about it since they didn't sell it anymore, though they were planning to give me a refund. I got it so cheap that I didn't want to return it. I ended up calling Learning Curve and complaining and surprisingly they sent me the replacement piece, even though their website says they don't normally do that.

Are you talking about the Christmas boxed set? The wooden box, Target exclusive special? It never came with any track, so if that is the set you mean, you were lucky they sent it to you. But that said, you are right. I have had similar experiences and regretted when I failed to check them over carefully. Now I try to do it before buying so I don't have a problem. I got home with a Leapster game that had been cut open and the cartridge was stolen before I bought it!

Man am i upset.Our bulk items went 15% on Monday i believe , 4 isles stayed stocked all week long like noone was even buying anything.I was all prepared to make a swoop when it hit 30% had coupons and everything.Well i ran to target last night to pick something up and the shelves were bare.I couldn't believe it.I actually had to ask a lady where did they move it to becasue i couldnt believe that much stuff had sold.She said it wasnt moved.So be careful if you like me are waiting for 30% it might not make it.

be sure to check back in the regular aisles. They did move whatever was left so they could set Valentines. They often have moved it back to the regular aisles. Some stuff they leave at regular price, though, so you may not find great deals.

No movement in toys today but hit the motherload in baby! Well, I could have hit the motherload if I actually needed the stuff. Sit and Stand lx and deluxe, bouncy seats, car seats, strollers, double strollers, all 75% off. I only got a video monitor $25, and a bouncy seat $12.50.

I was in my Target yesterday and was shocked that I saw 2 of the DVD players everyone is talking about. Still $74 though (50%). I never saw them when I was there for day 1 of the markdowns. Maybe a return?

Which store was that? I've forgotten where in Ohio you are located. I saw two at the Rossford store on Saturday at the $74.xx price. What a mess the whole clearance toys were.

:cool: Watch your mailboxes for a catalog of new baby items. On the back there is a fantastic coupon for a free $20 GC if you create a new baby registry. I am not or will not be pregnant anytime soon.(How I got it ? I'll never know.) I did the registry online, printed out the list in store and got the GC no problem. I used it for some clearance diapers and wipes from the bulk sale. 4 showers coming up for May/June.:yup:

Are you talking about the Christmas boxed set? The wooden box, Target exclusive special? It never came with any track, so if that is the set you mean, you were lucky they sent it to you. But that said, you are right. I have had similar experiences and regretted when I failed to check them over carefully. Now I try to do it before buying so I don't have a problem. I got home with a Leapster game that had been cut open and the cartridge was stolen before I bought it!

It wasn't the boxed Christmas set. I can't remember exactly which one it was, but I think it was a cranky the crane set. It's supposed to come with all the wooden tracks, which it did, but it was just missing one track piece to complete the railway.

Guest mzannetti
during the christmas clearance i bought a blue tooth headset that was missing the headset. while returning it the lady gave me a look like sure it was missing. like i would not pay $2 for a blue tooth headset.

I got Cherokee brand little girls pants today a purple pair with butterflys embroidered on the back pocket and a khaki pair with hearts embroidered on the back pocket for $1.75 a pair today. And some blue jeans with all kinds of funky cool embroidery on them for my older DD's to wear next year for $3.74 a pair. I love target clearance.

OT I know, but since there are a ton of mom's on this forum.... Gymboree has crazy prices on most everything with rhinestones on it. Supposedly because of some new lead law, they are getting rid of a lot of clothing with rhinestones on it. There is a new line that has a ton of stuff for $4.99 and under. Online is virtually sold out of everything already, but the stores still have some stuff. Got 3 giant sacks full this morning including a blue and white polka dot raincoat that was $42.75 for $4.99!!! Oh, AND JEANS for $4.99!!!

To ATTEMPT to make this a legitimate post... I stopped by a Target and there were lots of baby markdowns. They were taking apart the camping/sporting goods aisles, but not a whole heck of a lot on sale.

Edited by KC-Traderbear

Just got back. No movement in toys. But I finally got my double stroller for 75% off and a car seat protector for 75% off. Those are the 2 things I have been waiting for.

Went to three stores near me and all the good baby stuff was GONE! Just since Friday! :( Where did it all go? Guess one person bought it all probably! ONe store still had 5 rainforest swings but that was it and I was looking for other stuff. The swings were only 30 off, still! Ugh! OH well! Guess I didn't need a thing anyway! Congrats to all who got the deals though!

All rain boots were 75% off. They had Disney's Cars, Camos, Fire Dept for boys and pink, plaid or polka dots for girls. Lots of other shoes were 75% too. Check the umbrellas . . . found Totes for 75% off.

###077181175 boys camo rain boots 3.74 were 14.99

###077021733 mens suede slippers 4.24 was 16.99

###093081330 boys cherokee leather slip on loafers 4.48 was 17.99

###088090136 boys Franklin youth batting gloves 2.48 was 9.99

###209084451 womens skull cap .37 was 1.49

###061000366 totes umbrella 3.24 was 12.99

OT I know, but since there are a ton of mom's on this forum.... Gymboree has crazy prices on everything with rhinestones on it. Supposedly because of some new lead law, they are getting rid of stuff with even one rhinestone on it. There is a new line that has a ton of stuff for $4.99 and under. Online is virtually sold out of everything already, but the stores still have some stuff. Got 3 giant sacks full this morning including a blue and white polka dot raincoat that was $42.75 for $4.99!!! Oh, AND JEANS for $4.99!!!

To ATTEMPT to make this a legitimate post... I stopped by a Target and there were lots of baby markdowns. They were taking apart the camping/sporting goods aisles, but not a whole heck of a lot on sale.

I appreciate your posting the sales in Gymboree on this forum. Unlucky for me, i saw it too late and online is about sold out. Thank you for posting!

has anyone seen the bulk diapers or know how much they are right now. Its tough getting out after work with my LO to go shopping and I already missed my lunch hour

I didn't see Huggies but Pampers are 15% off here they are 21.25 for the big box.

Lots of baby stuff 75% off here!

This is a little late, but last week I got a Lightning McQueen set of shampoo, soap, and a pretend razor on the health/beauty end cap for 2.48, originally 4.99, but it was the only one left so I got it anyway. (Funny that 50% off is just not good enough anymore!)

It's a cute little set I'm thinking of for the Easter basket.

Thanks for the Gymboree tip...I may have to hit that tomorrow.

Great finds in the baby dept. today

###030002347 blanket sleeper 2 pk $2.48

###030040992 diego 3 in 1 potty chair $4.97

###030091754 Duo Stroller $31.24

Girls gloves 2 pk

###202030492 $0.48

also saw sit -n- stand stroller $32.xx

eddie bauer bassinett $37.xx

lots of crib bedding all 75% off!!

yea i have to admit i am getting bored with this target toy clearance. i want to follow it and get some deals, but this is taking forever.

plus i am not paying $74 for the FP DVD when i know other people got it for $37. :)

I found 1 FP dvd in pink and it is still $74 so i stached it. I hope it goes down to $37.. Not sure when i should go back to check it again? I'v never stached anything put my dd birthday is soon so why not.:)

Okay I really want some of the baby items. Are all of them marked with red stickers because I didn't see anything like bouncy's,l swings or anything on clearance. Can you tell me what you saw.

also my son spilt sonmethinmg all over nmy keyboard and the nmumnbers are all stuck together nmow. guess I will have to get a nmew onme takes too long to keep deletinmg extra ltrs. The nm and nm are the worst. :eek:

I am in the twin cities I can tell you that spike and fp dvd player have all ready been clearanced to 75% off and sold out biscuit is still at 50% and they have at least 5 in every target I've been to lots of smores also, a couple fp dvds sit at 50% in a couple stores but they only have 1 in each scanned them to check since I had all ready got 1 for 75% off but only @ 50%

Thanks for the response. I was thinking I was probably out of luck but just thought I would check.

Guest mzannetti

i stopped and picked up some pants for my DD for $1.75 each. no movement in toy prices.

i have a few FP dvd players on layaway at the troy store near work. :) come on price change.