Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

If I remember right from my baby gear buying days, it was always about the last week in January when that stuff got really cheap. So, it should be happening next week or the week after for sure. I used to hit that sale big time and found lots of great things. But, I haven't been plugged in to what they are doing during the past couple years. No need for it anymore. :( Actually make that a :)

The big baby clearance is usually the last week in January. I've been watching the discounts these past couple of weeks and it seems pretty slow this year. Last year I was able to get several things for 75% off (full size FP Papasan swing, bouncers, Britax Onyx stroller, etc)during the last week, but it seems like most of the stuff if still only at 30% off. That's how it is at my stores, at least. The only things I've consistently seen at 50%-75% off is the Sit n Stand Lx stroller, crib sheets, lap pads, clothing items, and misc nursery stuff. Big ticket items like the Medela breastpump, highchairs, carseats are still only 15%-30% off. :(

Very odd... today at one store they were marking domestics down. Those are usually Thursday. I could understand being late a day and being BEHIND schedule, but ahead of schedule??

Hmmmm.

Got a Dirt Devil electric broom (reg. $70) for $17. Did see some other Dirt Devil stuff and a George Foreman grill thingy that were also 75% off, but wasn't interested in them. Lots of organization type things also marked down. Oh, including a great big stainless steel garbage can, which my husband needed for his office. It was also down to $17 (from $70).

I noticed that here in my stores also I think they are trying to hold off on marking down the toys another day, all 3 stores around me that went 75% last wednesday had no movement in toys today, strange, I will be checking back again tomorrow!!

This morning I got....

### FP Tough Kid DVD player bag - 75% off ($5.xx)

I don't think it was a mark down from this week, since all the other stuff was still at the same price as last week. Sadly (for me!), the FP DVD player is still only 30% off at this store.

**How does an electric broom works?? I've never had one of those, just regular ones and a vacuum cleaner.. Is it like a mix of the two?? Is Dirt Devil a good one??

Were there the 75% signs or do you have to know where to look??

Here is a pic off Amazon...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21SveY2GyDL._AA280_.jpg

I just plugged it in to charge. Don't know how it'll work, but I'm sweeping crumbs up at least a couple times a day, so I'm hoping it works okay.

No new markdowns in toys here either. I did find a Playschool Adventure Squad police set. I wanted to get this for DS for Christmas, but did not want to pay $35.00 for it. It did not have a clearance sticker on it, but I scanned it cause it was by the clearance toys and it was $8.xx.

I found boys wrangler jeans for $3.xx, color wonders glow stations $4.xx, calendars $1.xx.

The burts bee's items were only 15% off. Their bulk items are now marked 15% off.

Can anyone tell me if the Thomas stuff reported is the Trackmaster kind (plastic tracks)? I am heading to Target on Friday and would like to look for some of this stuff. Thanks!!

The trains I got say they are for the "Take Along" Thomas stuff -- they are the Die Cast trains. They don't fit on the wooden tracks. I'm not super familiar with all the Thomas stuff (there are so many different kinds!), but aren't the Trackmaster ones (plastic tracks) for the motorized trains?

Can anyone tell me if the Thomas stuff reported is the Trackmaster kind (plastic tracks)? I am heading to Target on Friday and would like to look for some of this stuff. Thanks!!

I got two sets that were trackmaster if that helps any!:) One was a holiday christmas one, and the other was with Cranky I believe.

###204-031-138 holiday thomas trackmaster set

###204-032-220 other trackmaster set

**How does an electric broom works?? I've never had one of those, just regular ones and a vacuum cleaner.. Is it like a mix of the two?? Is Dirt Devil a good one??

Were there the 75% signs or do you have to know where to look??

those who have bought it found it to be a piece of junk I wouldn't bother, if I were you.

Very odd... today at one store they were marking domestics down. Those are usually Thursday. I could understand being late a day and being BEHIND schedule, but ahead of schedule??

Hmmmm.

Got a Dirt Devil electric broom (reg. $70) for $17. Did see some other Dirt Devil stuff and a George Forman grill thingy that were also 75% off, but wasn't interested in them. Lots of organization type things also marked down. Oh, including a great big stainless steel garbage can, which my husband needed for his office. It was also down to $17 (from $70).

Ohhh i was hoping that broom would come down now i have to go to mine and check!!!

those who have bought it found it to be a piece of junk I wouldn't bother, if I were you.

Can't you buy it and if it's a complete piece of junk, return it? I've purchased items from Target before and found them to suck and took them back for a refund (box opened and all). I know there are certain restictions, like you can't return opened DVDs or video games, etc.

Thanks!!! I have to admit my hubby has always been the housewife in our house (even though we both worked full time jobs) Now I'm SAHM and feel bad enough to start cleaning the place a lot more (though he's still the cook.) So I would love to get some gear to help in this process but I guess I'll just have to use the borring old-plain broom instead. With a toddler and a preschooler our kitchen floor get dirty very soon after it is washed (as does the rest of the house)

Can't you buy it and if it's a complete piece of junk, return it? I've purchased items from Target before and found them to suck and took them back for a refund (box opened and all). I know there are certain restictions, like you can't return opened DVDs or video games, etc.

My hubby has done it a lot in the past. Not that I think it's right or wrong, but he was in that whole phase of testing things, so he would buy anything from a blu-ray player to all kinds of other electronics and then return most of them before 90 days were up. Now with the economy the way that it is he's stopped doing it because you never know when they change their return policy or file for bankrupcy or whatever...

I noticed that here in my stores also I think they are trying to hold off on marking down the toys another day, all 3 stores around me that went 75% last wednesday had no movement in toys today, strange, I will be checking back again tomorrow!!

Ohh No! I hope it doesn't mean they decided to hold off a whole another week to do additional mark-downs.. I guess we'll see for sure tomorrow!

My hubby has done it a lot in the past. Not that I think it's right or wrong, but he was in that whole phase of testing things, so he would buy anything from a blu-ray player to all kinds of other electronics and then return most of them before 90 days were up. Now with the economy the way that it is he's stopped doing it because you never know when they change their return policy or file for bankrupcy or whatever...

I think it would be a lot of work to do that with electronics! I haven't done that before and don't plan to. I've only done it a handful of times with household items (like a toaster or cheese grater) and I didn't purchase them to "try them out". I purchased them to keep them, but then it turned out they sucked so I wanted money back.

No additional markdowns at the Target here. They've always done the toy markdowns on Wednesday's so I'm guessing they won't now until next week.

Still have a few DVD players at 50%, but only pink left and I need a blue, of course. Biscuit still at 50%--several of these sitting and one Smores.

I am really seriously getting annoyed with this years toy clearance! I stopped in this morning to find no new markdowns...asked a team person who told me that they were def marking down today...I had to take my car for servicing and couldnt get back until 12:30pm...but i did go right back only to find the MLP set now 50% off, the Didj still 50% and the Sleeping Beauty doll now 50% off :mad: The digital art studio is still 30% off as well as some other things. SO FRUSTRATING!!!! I did finally just get the MLP set at 50% off since they only have 3 and the other store dropped to 50% last week on it and they all disappeared over there. Hopefully there will still be one at 75% off and i can return :( so sad.

Thanks!!! I have to admit my hubby has always been the housewife in our house (even though we both worked full time jobs) Now I'm SAHM and feel bad enough to start cleaning the place a lot more (though he's still the cook.) So I would love to get some gear to help in this process but I guess I'll just have to use the borring old-plain broom instead. With a toddler and a preschooler our kitchen floor get dirty very soon after it is washed (as does the rest of the house)

I've tried all those electric brooms , swiffers, etc... none of them clean up after kids , must be made for singles!!

Found a few different items on clearance in the BABY section today at lunch-changing table 75% off and they had various baby gates for 75% off. Other stuff was still all 15 and 30% off. Oh, and they had the McClaren Volo stroller 50% off! First time I saw that for more than 30 off! :

###030-09-1813 Changing Table 29.98 but marked 40.xx

(had two different tags on different sides of the box so luckily I looked on the back! :)

Didn't get the codes off the other items....but appears they marked something down this week! :)

I came across a Eureka 4-in-1 bagless vac, the same one Walmart had on Black Friday, at Target today. It didn't have a clearance sticker on it, but seemed out of place so I grabbed it and took it to the scanner. It came up "Item not found." So we decided to take it to the register because we got one on Black Friday and love it and my sister wanted one but didnt get it. So anyway, the cashier notices it rings up "INF" and she asks me if I know how much i was, I tell her I have no idea that it was the only one and it was on a 75% off shelf. So after speaking with the lady at Customer Serv. she comes back and says $4.99...:eek: Long story short I bought it for my sister. So if anyone is looking for those you may want to keep an eye out though I have a feeling it was a fluke. This one ended up being cheaper than the one I bought for Black Friday.

I am really seriously getting annoyed with this years toy clearance! I stopped in this morning to find no new markdowns...asked a team person who told me that they were def marking down today...I had to take my car for servicing and couldnt get back until 12:30pm...but i did go right back only to find the MLP set now 50% off, the Didj still 50% and the Sleeping Beauty doll now 50% off :mad: The digital art studio is still 30% off as well as some other things. SO FRUSTRATING!!!! I did finally just get the MLP set at 50% off since they only have 3 and the other store dropped to 50% last week on it and they all disappeared over there. Hopefully there will still be one at 75% off and i can return :( so sad.

Seriously!!! I went to 2 of my Targets today. They were the ones that did markdowns last Wed. (instead of Thursday). I saw the markdown teams there at BOTH and they were scanning away. UNFORTUNATELY, barely anything was getting marked-down!!! They were just scanning and moving on since none of the prices were changing!

I even brought them the DVD player I had stashed and it came up as only 50% at both stores! :mad:

I'm assuming that lots of the 30% are going to 50% and nothing much else. Anyway, there really isn't much left. Seems like the only things that are left are the really unpopular items that have multiple items still there. How disappointing.

I feel the same way. I have been going to Target ever single day and on most days only finding one or two items. It is annoying. Today I wasn't going to go, but I am afradi that if I dont go one day that will be the day. KWIM

I would really like to stay home one day and get my whole house cleaned (on the same day) instead of breaking up my cleaning.

Seriously!!! I went to 2 of my Targets today. They were the ones that did markdowns last Wed. (instead of Thursday). I saw the markdown teams there at BOTH and they were scanning away. UNFORTUNATELY, barely anything was getting marked-down!!! They were just scanning and moving on since none of the prices were changing!

I even brought them the DVD player I had stashed and it came up as only 50% at both stores! :mad:

I'm assuming that lots of the 30% are going to 50% and nothing much else. Anyway, there really isn't much left. Seems like the only things that are left are the really unpopular items that have multiple items still there. How disappointing.

Looks like Next Week Then, Oh well I can Wait. I know Most of the stuff left will go to 75% off eventually,