Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

**I think I might have been the 1st to mention the Thomas stuff - wondering if that's the list you are talking about. I did find quite a few take-along Thomas trains and 3 Thomas sets. One I found Today and it was that Holiday train set thing. Also I found one with two take-along trains and the little set and I have been seeing that one in the regular isle. Never bothered to scan it though as I already bought it. I've thought a few times about scanning some more of those sets but somehow the idea of dragging the whole isle worth of Thomas stuff to the scanner didn't seem like a good one at the time!

Could you poss. post the names of the ones you found and DCPI numbers so I can take a look next time I'm in Target.

I have to say my ds is only almost 2 so I have no idea if these sets work together or how the whole thing works.. I guess I better do some research quick..

It was your post that helped me realize how many Thomas trains were on clearance. I only scanned the metal trains and a few of the boxed items. I know none of the wooden trains were on clearance so I didn't scan those. Thanks again for initially posting the Thomas stuff! You helped me get a bunch of stuff for my 2 yr old that is obsessed with Thomas!! :)

Our store still has about 10 FP DVD players at 50%. I'm watching for them to go down. I'd be happy to pick a few up for those of you eyeing them if I can. I'll try!

Is there any way to tell if the store you are in has an item in stock? When I typed in the DCPI numbers it showed the price, "Aisle:N/A, Stockroom: No." I thought this meant they didn't have any of a particular item, but I tried it w/ the DVD player and it said the same thing. There were about 10 on the shelf so I know they were in stock.

Again, this time of year it is just real difficult to ID toys that way. When they consolidate all the toys into one aisle or the endcap (as most of the stores have done by now), they really have no way of identifying which aisle/shelf anything is on, which is most likely why it says "N/A". Everything in the regular toy aisles have shelf tags and that's how they know where to find something. So, when toys go on clearance and get removed from their normal shelf spot, there is no real trail leading anyone to where they might be.

Our store still has about 10 FP DVD players at 50%. I'm watching for them to go down. I'd be happy to pick a few up for those of you eyeing them if I can. I'll try!

Is there any way to tell if the store you are in has an item in stock? When I typed in the DCPI numbers it showed the price, "Aisle:N/A, Stockroom: No." I thought this meant they didn't have any of a particular item, but I tried it w/ the DVD player and it said the same thing. There were about 10 on the shelf so I know they were in stock.

Thanks..... I really appreciate it!!

My scores for today:

Step 2 Train table $24.98 75% off (I already bought the Circo train table now I need to decide which one to keep)

Just FYI: I'm keeping them both!! I figure one will be a B-Day present for ds turning 2 (in April) with a bunch of little cars and trains to use with it. And the Circo table will be a Christmas present with the bigger Thomas sets to put on it. Plus the mini "Cars" sets I found on clearance and the Take-Along Thomas sets.

My scores for today:

Cars Pull Out couch/chair thing $7.48 75% off (thanks OP, I hadn't seen this mentioned before your post yesterday and ran back for the only one I had seen in 4 stores) DS loves it!!

Can someone post a picture or a link to this. I'm having a hard time picturing exactly what this is??

While I dont need it, I thought I'd post that I saw this today.

Graco Duo Glider Stroller- Was 124.99 Clearanced at 75% off. DCPI# 030091754

Here is a link to it.

http://www.target.com/Graco-DuoGlider-Stroller-Safari-Sun/dp/B0015VW4I4/sr=1-2/qid=1232504559/ref=sr_1_2/183-0254322-0472819?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aduoglider&page=1

I wish my store would go 75% on these but they just finally marked them down to 50% off.

Went to one of the Targets (only my 2nd time there) and was surprised to find LOTS of merchandise still left. Though I kept seeing things that I have already bought at 75% still at 30%-50% so that's probably why it is still so packed. I must say, when this Target goes 75% I will be in trouble because I was hoping to only pick up a few more things, but there were just so much I kept seeing that would be such a great deal at 75%.

I saw 4 Smores (want one of these!) and even more Biscuits. Few FP Kid-Tough DVD players. Found one McQueen Walking\Talking car in the regular isle but only scanned at 50% off. Saw a bunch of those Art Digital huge boxes. Quite a few of the Smart Cycles. Saw one Little Einsteins laptop.

One find that SHOCKED ME was the vTech KidiJamz Studio keyboard marked-down 30%. I REALLY wanted to buy this for my kids this Christmas but couldn't find a better deal than $40 which was just too much.. Plus they sold out these things in all stores (including Target) long before Christmas so there was no hope for any sales!!

Here's the stuff I scored at 75%:

###086000993 Little People Doodle Pro $5.48

###204033095 Little Einsteins Keyboard (haven't seen this one before - but Today saw one at both Targets - wonder where they dig it out from..) $6.98

Also by the arts and crafts section there was an end cap full of two types of Crayola Beginnings TaDoodles and also a set of markers with papper I think (maybe 100?) It was all marked 75%. One was Crayola Beginnings TaDoodles Scribble and Sing Art Station and the other one Crayola Beginnings TaDoodles Ta-Doodler. Not sure which DCPI goes with which:

###081041655 Crayola $6.24 ("Crayola Beginnings TaDoodles Scribble and Sing Art Station" OR "Crayola Beginnings TaDoodles Ta-Doodler")

###081042761 Crayola $6.24 ("Crayola Beginnings TaDoodles Scribble and Sing Art Station" OR "Crayola Beginnings TaDoodles Ta-Doodler")

Also, at the other Target I scored:

###204031138 Holiday Thomas Set $6.98

I also found a couple Burts & Bees sets at 75%.

And a Hello Kitty Mechanical Tooth Brush at 50%:

###049090920 Hello Kitty Mechanical Tooth Brush $2.48

Edited by arelf27

Every day when I go to Target I am excited for what new item I will find at 75% off. Well, today I got the Tonka Bounce Back Racer. I have been wanting this for my son since Christmas, but thought it was a little bit pricey.

###204032992 Tonka bounce back racer $8.74

BTW: Now that I'm trying to verify prices by punching in the DCPI numbers I have found two Targets that have plain scanners without the buttons on the right.. What is that about?? So there's nothing I can do in that case, right??

you can ask anyone with a PDA (handheld) or go to guest services.

Yep. They no longer have an aisle assignment because they are clearance and get shuffled about. They don't have anymore in the backroom, so it is telling you that as well. The employees can check stock levels to see if they are "supposed" to have them, but it won't necessarily tell you where they are.

One of my Targets had this on clearance, but none of the other ones did. Very odd!

### 204-03-2959 Yo Gabba Gabba! Dance Mat - $6.48 (75% off)

http://www.target.com/Spin-Master-Toys-Gabba-Dance/dp/B0016JH9SU/sr=1-4/qid=1232484340/ref=sr_1_4/176-8098251-0188426?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Ayo%20gabba%20gabba&page=1

Thanks for the info. My toddler loves Yo Gabba Gabba.:yup:

I have to say my ds is only almost 2 so I have no idea if these sets work together or how the whole thing works.. I guess I better do some research quick..

The metal Take Along Thomas stuff does not fit on the Thomas Wooden Railway stuff or the plastic Thomas Trackmaster stuff. All 3 sets are different sizes. Hope this helps.

Every day when I go to Target I am excited for what new item I will find at 75% off. Well, today I got the Tonka Bounce Back Racer. I have been wanting this for my son since Christmas, but thought it was a little bit pricey.

###204032992 Tonka bounce back racer $8.74

oh wow! I have been eyeing this up for my DS since before Christmas. I might head out today since my kids seem to be over this stomach bug and havent gone out in a few days. I hope i can find it for him!

So last week I don't remmember hearing about many stores discounting Toys on Wed. I think it was mostly Thursday for everybody. Was this unusual? Or is it like that for most Targets throughout the year?

**None of the Targets here discounted Toys on Wed., so is it a sure thing that I should wait until tomorrow to venture out?

Edited by arelf27

so i just called my target about the bounce back racer and she told me that they had 10 in the store and they are ringing up at $34.99! I was really hoping to get one of these.... maybe they will be marked down soon.

I checked 2 different stores last week, and both had them at full price as well.

I just called a bunch of stores and it doesn't look like anything's discounted. At one store a girl told me they discount Toys on Thu night?? I don't think she knew what she was talking about because this was my last stop last Thu. so I got there around 1p.m. but everything was already discounted by then. Also when she was checking DCPI numbers for me she kept telling me - Oh, it's a clearance item so we don't have anymore left. Well, I stopped by this Target last night and they had both the Einsteins Rockets and Smores..

**Ohh..and I did use DCPI numbers to check. Mostly the one for the Little Einsteins Rocker (because I know I saw lots of these on the floor) Also checked Smores at one store.

**Just called the last one - Smores is still 99.98

Edited by arelf27

Regarding scanning the price of the larger items that are stored up on the shelves by the wall, just ask an employee with a scanner to check. I have had several employees just scan them with their scanners directing it toward the item number without a ladder or stool. No need to bring the item down to scan.

I just came from 2 different Targets, and the prices are still the same on toys. I didn't have any luck finding the additional Thomas toys, but I did get the Plasma Car. Also, the big jewerly box armoires are 75% off.

030091786 Graco Lovin Hug Swing - safari sun $24.99 (75% off)

249080203 Jewerly Armoire $37.46 - (75% off)

204090250 Plasma Car 13.74 (75% off)

072070531 Black & Decker Scum Buster xtreme 9.98 (75% off)

Very odd... today at one store they were marking domestics down. Those are usually Thursday. I could understand being late a day and being BEHIND schedule, but ahead of schedule??

Hmmmm.

Got a Dirt Devil electric broom (reg. $70) for $17. Did see some other Dirt Devil stuff and a George Forman grill thingy that were also 75% off, but wasn't interested in them. Lots of organization type things also marked down. Oh, including a great big stainless steel garbage can, which my husband needed for his office. It was also down to $17 (from $70).

Hey all you perusers! Question about the baby clearance...How are the items marked? Or are they not marked? I'm due in a few months and would love to start stocking up now! Thanks!

If I remember right from my baby gear buying days, it was always about the last week in January when that stuff got really cheap. So, it should be happening next week or the week after for sure. I used to hit that sale big time and found lots of great things. But, I haven't been plugged in to what they are doing during the past couple years. No need for it anymore. :( Actually make that a :)

Regarding scanning the price of the larger items that are stored up on the shelves by the wall, just ask an employee with a scanner to check. I have had several employees just scan them with their scanners directing it toward the item number without a ladder or stool. No need to bring the item down to scan.

I just punch the DPCI numbers into the scanning machine.

Very odd... today at one store they were marking domestics down. Those are usually Thursday. I could understand being late a day and being BEHIND schedule, but ahead of schedule??

Hmmmm.

Got a Dirt Devil electric broom (reg. $70) for $17.

**How does an electric broom works?? I've never had one of those, just regular ones and a vacuum cleaner.. Is it like a mix of the two?? Is Dirt Devil a good one??

Were there the 75% signs or do you have to know where to look??