Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I just realized something...

If there is only ONE item (i.e. the DVD player) and I "stashed" it away, it won't get scanned. Does that mean it won't ring up as the newly discounted price?????? :g_shrug:

That has been my understanding. But then maybe when all Toys are up to 75% off you can bring it up to them and playing dumb ask why this one is still 30/50%?

I'm wondering though..Why are all of these big boxes (Step 2 kitchen, Step 2 Train table, etc.) are scanning at 75% but don't have the appropriate red sticker?? Is it possible that they update their store system (without actually having to scan the item) and then just go about stickering them??

Also last Thu. (1st day of 75% clearance) I stashed Thomas Train set in the bikes helmet section. Now, I just put the box in that isle in plain view and boy was I pleasantly surprised to still find it there on Thu. morning and with a red 75% off sticker!!! I thought that was hillarious how they marked it down but didn't bother bringing it back to the Toy isle.

If there is only ONE item (i.e. the DVD player) and I "stashed" it away, it won't get scanned. Does that mean it won't ring up as the newly discounted price?????? :g_shrug:

I was told by the markdown team that once they finish doing the markdowns in an area, they "activate" all the scheduled markdowns in that deptartment, so anything they couldn't find will ring up the correct price.

I was told by the markdown team that once they finish doing the markdowns in an area, they "activate" all the scheduled markdowns in that deptartment, so anything they couldn't find will ring up the correct price.

I hope this is the case!!! But then, if they can just activate the new prices, why do they bother scanning in the first place?

Just a heads up, and I don't have a receipt by me for the DCPI but certain Berts Bees items are 75% OFF! at my target today. I bought the gift set with the wristlet and shimmer, 4 pack lip gloss, and they had lotion gift sets in cute bee bags that I have never seen before.

Sorry if someone already pointed this out.

Hard to say. Sometimes, often, in fact, they will hit the sheet of barcodes they have as part of their work process to make sure everything is marked, even if they don't find it on the floor. Sometimes they don't. I have come back a day later and found the item was marked down even though it wasn't on the sales floor. But it almost never happens while the team is still working the store if they missed it in the department.

Also, if you know the team is working, and they are nice folks, you can sometimes play dumb and ask them to scan it for you saying the scanner isn't working or something like that. Has to be the markdown team in markdown mode, though, or it won't work. Just anyone with a scanner cannot do it. Only the team with the little red sticker printers.

Hard to say. Sometimes, often, in fact, they will hit the sheet of barcodes they have as part of their work process to make sure everything is marked, even if they don't find it on the floor. Sometimes they don't do it, though. I have come back a day later and found the item was marked down even though it wasn't on the sales floor. But it almost never happens while the team is still working the store if they missed it in the department.

Also, if you know the team is working, and they are nice folks, you can sometimes play dumb and ask them to scan it for you saying the scanner isn't working or something like that. Has to be the markdown team in markdown mode, though, or it won't work. Just anyone with a scanner cannot do it. Only the team with the little red sticker printers.

Let's say I hid an item ;) and want to have the markdown team scan it and change the price for me. What if the markdown team hasn't made it to the toy dept. yet, can they mark it down a head of time? Or does it have to be after they have gone through that dept.? I was told that the markdown team gets a list every morning on their PDA's of markdowns. I don't know if that's true or not? I wouldn't take a cart to them but maybe one or two items.......

My target has about 10 to 20 of the Fashion Spell Barbies' from Halloween. They were regular $9.99 and only marked down to $6.98. It seems like these would be 50% to 75% off now especially since it's after Christmas and it's a Halloween item. Anyone seen it lower or have any clues to when it might go lower??? My dd wants it but she know's it needs to be half or more off 1st :) TIA

Just got back from my local Target. They had 3 "Little Mommy Gotta Go" potty dolls for 75%!!!! I ALMOST got this for my DD for Christmas but I couldn't justify spending $59.99 on a doll! I got them all for $15 ea. So now she'll get it for her birthday, and so will 2 of her friends! Wooohooo!

I just got a bunch of blankets and comforters in the baby section for 75%, so like 3 and 4 dollars a piece.

I also got 2 playmobile castle sets for 7.48 and the vsmile motion unit for 17.xx. They both weren't marked 75%, but I was a scanning machine:). I also found some Brat doll kick boxers for 1.98.

At one target I found 3 blue dvd players and 1 pink one. I accidentally misplaced the pink one, they were all marked 50%, and nothing at that store was 75%, so I am hoping this thurs.

I have been to so many Targets this past week that I have lost count. But, I am having such a good time. Last night I found the Target exclusive baby alive newborn 2 pack for $7.48. Today, at a different Target, I found the Little People Airport for $8.xx. Each Target has such different mark downs and also different merchandise. I have also noticed that every day the same Target will have a new toy on the shelf that wasn't there the day before. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :D

you guys have got me addicted and my bank account not so happy lol i had to head over there AGAIN tonight i got the Little Tikes Soccer Ball Pit for $11 things are starting to dwindle quickly!

There is also a Chalk Board & puppet theater way up high i just havent had anyone with me to scan them!! no luck on the scooter thing though!!

I have also noticed that every day the same Target will have a new toy on the shelf that wasn't there the day before. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :D

That could be because the employees found a toy misplaced or someone returned a toy that was on clearance. At any rate, that could be a very good thing for you if it's something you want! :)

I just returned 17 toys today at my local Target (that's not even half the amount of toys I've purchased this past week!). All were 75% off when I bought them, so maybe it will make someone very happy once they go back on the shelves! Sometimes I can't decide whether or not I want a toy when I see it, so I buy it, go home and think about it and either keep it or return it. There have been too many times in the past where I've seen something on clearance, passed it up, then went home and decided I wanted it. Of course, when I went back to get it, it would be gone. I learned my lesson about doing that!!! :tongue1:

Just a heads up, and I don't have a receipt by me for the DCPI but certain Berts Bees items are 75% OFF! at my target today. I bought the gift set with the wristlet and shimmer, 4 pack lip gloss, and they had lotion gift sets in cute bee bags that I have never seen before.

Hi! I found these yesterday! What a deal! Great find!! Stocked up on some for Birthday gifts. Love this stuff!

Also, thanks to everyone here!! You all have helped me find some great deals at Target! I feel like a stalker - I've been there so much! Some of my best finds this week:

Step 2 Rocking Horse

Step 2 Toolbench

Step 2 Scribble Easel

All of these were $7.48!! Found them tucked away all dusty on a top shelf!! :cheesy:

I got some insulated coolers the other day when I was there.

One was a 24 can cooler for 7.48 originally 15.99 dcpi ### 091 01 0721

Here is one made by the same company, but the one I got was brown with blue and brown circles at the top.

http://www.target.com/Thermos-Raya-Blue-Cooler-Tote/dp/B001GMTCWI/sr=1-9/qid=1232457701/ref=sr_1_9/177-8372223-5396801?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3A24%20can%20cooler&page=1

I also got the 12 can sling back/back pack coolers. Again, mine are fun (brown with blue and brown circles, and another brown with pink and brown circles).

Got these for 3.98. Dcpi ### 091 01 0596

http://www.target.com/Thermos-Sling-Pack-Lunch-Cooler/dp/B000NZT7MO/sr=1-5/qid=1232457929/ref=sr_1_5/177-8372223-5396801?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Araya%20cooler&page=1

Let's say I hid an item ;) and want to have the markdown team scan it and change the price for me. What if the markdown team hasn't made it to the toy dept. yet, can they mark it down a head of time? Or does it have to be after they have gone through that dept.? I was told that the markdown team gets a list every morning on their PDA's of markdowns. I don't know if that's true or not? I wouldn't take a cart to them but maybe one or two items.......

Our stores generally won't, but it never hurts to try. It also depends whether they know you and know you know their schedule. Acting dumb and pretending the scanner isn't working helps. If they point out that there is a red tag with the price, you can mention that some of the items you checked previously were wrong.

What section were these in? Great deal!

I found some of the Burts Bees items last week too. The only ones that were 75% off were the 3 pack lip balms with the little round metal lip balm (so basically a four pack). I bought three for Easter baskets. I went back a couple days later and they were picked clean (there were a ton of them to start with). The other little gift sets are still 50% off but I am watching for them to go lower.

ETA: At my Target, they were in with the cosmetic clearance.

I found some golf things marked 50% off got a ball monogrammer or $3.XX. I found that at Targets the golf stuff clearances right before the new stuff comes in as opposed to the end of the season like baseball. I stock up now for dh for Valentine's Day and his birthday.

you guys have got me addicted and my bank account not so happy lol i had to head over there AGAIN tonight i got the Little Tikes Soccer Ball Pit for $11 things are starting to dwindle quickly!

There is also a Chalk Board & puppet theater way up high i just havent had anyone with me to scan them!! no luck on the scooter thing though!!

**Find their DCPI numbers on Target website or this thread and next time you're there just type them into scanner. No need to drag any merchandise..

What section were these in? Great deal!

**I've seen these before at 50%. At my Targets there are usually on end of isles. Just find that section where all the hygene stuff is like shampoos, soaps, tooth paste and go to the very end where the wall is of the 1st isle and look all the way down..You will see them on one of those end caps. Also at one Target I think I saw one end cap by the electronics section full of that stuff.

Does anyone know if those character bath sets have also gone 75%?? I bought at bunch at 50% but would be happy to exchange.

Also can someone explain to me exactly what Burt Bee's stuff is?? I mean quality/fashion wise. I've never heard of it before. I'm used to expensive mall make-up (Lancome) but would be willing to try if it's good..

I found some golf things marked 50% off got a ball monogrammer or $3.XX. I found that at Targets the golf stuff clearances right before the new stuff comes in as opposed to the end of the season like baseball. I stock up now for dh for Valentine's Day and his birthday.

**O yeh, that reminds me I saw some sports stuff as well at 50%. I am especially interested in some of those tennis rackets (Dora ones) for DD3 for summer. Those should go to 75% too, right?

**I've seen these before at 50%. At my Targets there are usually on end of isles. Just find that section where all the hygene stuff is like shampoos, soaps, tooth paste and go to the very end where the wall is of the 1st isle and look all the way down..You will see them on one of those end caps. Also at one Target I think I saw one end cap by the electronics section full of that stuff.

Does anyone know if those character bath sets have also gone 75%?? I bought at bunch at 50% but would be happy to exchange.

Also can someone explain to me exactly what Burt Bee's stuff is?? I mean quality/fashion wise. I've never heard of it before. I'm used to expensive mall make-up (Lancome) but would be willing to try if it's good..

I saw the bath sets at $2.48, not sure if that was 75% since don't have little ones....