Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I'm so tired of this. My closest store still has most things at 30% If I buy something at 30% at one store and return it at another smaller that store that probably already went down to 50 or even 75%, would the new store sell it at the same price or does it get scanned and marked down somehow before they put it back on the shelf? The smaller store I'm thinking of hasn't had the clone trooper blaster game that I'm after since BF.

I'm so tired of this. My closest store still has most things at 30% If I buy something at 30% at one store and return it at another smaller that store that probably already went down to 50 or even 75%, would the new store sell it at the same price or does it get scanned and marked down somehow before they put it back on the shelf? The smaller store I'm thinking of hasn't had the clone trooper blaster game that I'm after since BF.

I bought the Millenium Falcon for $97 at one store (they had only gone 30%) and then returned it to my store that went 75%. My friend walked in behind me and bought it for 75% off, she was happy.

I hit 4 Targets today, in search of the Rainforest swing for $18.xx...the first one had it for $64.xx, the second one for $37.48 (which I bought, just in case), the last two for $52.xx...varying from store to store, toys were either picked to the bone, or they had tons, but hardly anything at 75% in any of the 4 stores...all 4 had the DVD players, but all for $74.98, and I REFUSE to pay that much for it, knowing some people are finding it for half that...so I'll stalk a couple of other Targets this week, and if I can get them, great, if not, then oh well...

I found a bunch of red box Totes Umbrella's 75% off. I didn't feel like arguing them down to 90%.

###Totes Elements Umbrella's - 061-00-0224 - 75% off reg $12.99 down to $3.24.

some of the after Christmas red box stuff didn't clearance with Christmas. it was mostly stuff from Men's like wallets, but it could have been correct.

I keep seeing the supply of the item I want in toys getting smaller and smaller..... I DON'T WANNA PAY $39.98!!! I wanna pay $19.98!!! :D

You can always buy it now and take a chance on returning it and getting it again. It is just a chance, though. I usually only do this when I buy at least a handful of something and know that I am chancing it. I take them back to a particular store that moves its go-backs back to the sales floor really fast, and I usually do a bunch of returns at once. Then I intercept the person hauling the cart back to re-shelve. Very risky, but it has worked sometimes.

What part of GA are you in because every Target near us(Gwinnett Co) is 50-75% off. Signs still say 30% but like everyone says we are scanning everthing.

I shop at the Athens Ga store. I scanned a few things, and everything was ringing up the price that it was marked. I would like to get the Rose Cottage washing machine to go with DD's cottage that I have for her birthday in March. Do you know if Gwinnett had those for 75% off?

You can always buy it now and take a chance on returning it and getting it again. It is just a chance, though. I usually only do this when I buy at least a handful of something and know that I am chancing it. I take them back to a particular store that moves its go-backs back to the sales floor really fast, and I usually do a bunch of returns at once. Then I intercept the person hauling the cart back to re-shelve. Very risky, but it has worked sometimes.

I have had success with this also... buy it and return late in the evening at a store that isn't that overshopped. Go immediately the next morning and rebuy (that is after you at least try customer service to get them to resell it to you at the lower price.) Sometimes it works well. But if the CS person (or another employee) wants the item, you are screwed. :yuck:

pinkroses4mommy,

I have seen something in that line at some of the stores around here, couldnt tell you which ones though as I shop the one in Snellville, Duluth, Lawrenceville and Buford. But I can tell you it was one of those. LOL sorry but I will watch out and see.

Has anyone seen the Snow White dress-up dress and know what that cost?? I'm pretty sure I saw one Tonight at one Target and that rang full price (maybe around 20??) but then later I saw the same dress at my Target and it was scanning as "Not Found". So I told cashier I think it's supposed to be $2.99 and she gave it to me for that?? Now I really want to know what's the deal with that dress and how much it's supposed to be??

###099090999 Snow White Dress-Up - Not Found In System - Paid $2.99

Edited by arelf27

BTW: Rose Art (??) 3 in 1 easel was 75% off at my Target. It wasn't together with Toys but on the end cap where Art supplies and crafts things are. There was also a big 75% off sign and they had at least 5 of them - BIG BOXES. I haven't seen those at Target before so not sure what the story is with these..

(These are for older kids, I think it said 5+ with chalk board on one side and dry board on the other. Wooden frame. Looks a lot like Melissa and Doug one. I picked one up!!!)

###081040054 3 IN 1 EASEL (Rose Art) $9.98 (75% off)

I decided to venture out Today and visit one Target I have never been to before. I figured I prob. will not see much as the sale has been going on for so many days now but this was not the case. I was extremely surprised to find 3 Train Tables - Circo - 75% - 19.99 just laying there (I already picked one up on Thu. so I was all set.) They also had at least 10!! FP Kid Tough DVD Players. - 50% off. Mostly Blue and some Pink. I have actually never seen them before Today but they look very cute. I will def. be keeping my eyes open for when these get discounted 75%. I also finally saw the Art Easel everyone has been mentioning but decided my kids are too old for it. I was extremely happy to pick up the Blue McQueen (size of Talking/Walking McQueen) - 75%. I don't know where they dig up that one from but the box was just lying on the end cap and I snagged it as quickly as I could. Also found Plastic Elmo Potty Ring at 50% in Baby Isle. We needed one for kids for downstairs bathroom so I have been checking that isle every time I went, so I was happy to find this one. It's very cute!! Haven't seen this one before.. Also found another 3 pk. "Cars" that was diff. from the other two I bought..

So here goes:

###030041412 Potty Ring $6.48 (50%)

###087070865 Blue McQueen $6.24 (75%)

###087071730 Cars 3 pk. $3.74 (75%)

###204032987 Playskool Musical sit & spin $5.48 (75%)

Ohh.. and have anyone else also noticed that Handy Manny Truck with Tools thing now seems to be gone? That was still selling at 50%, right?? I don't think I saw any Today where before I was seeing like 10 at each store. I think Pooh playsets also seem to be diminishing.. I was actually hopping they will sell out Handy Manny before I see it at 75% because otherwise I'll just end up buying it and the kids won't ever play with it. They still have plenty of Little Einstein Rocket though and that's the one that I really want. That's the only cartoon my kids insist on watching over and over and refuse to watch anything else??

Edited by arelf27

Just want to mention something about this toy that I found on the clearance shelf for $13.xx...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/412Mov1eczL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It is the NEATEST thing. I would pay full price for this. (I think they around $60 or something.) We gave it to our 3yo for her b-day yesterday and she loves it. That is, when she can get our 6 & 8yo off of it! They love it too!

Anyway, I love to hear when someone finds a good quality toy that kids love and this is a neat toy, so I thought I would share. The box says that it holds up to 220 pounds for ages 3-103! Actually, it is more fun for my 8yo to give rides to her little sisters since she can really get it going fast. They ride it around the house.

I am happy to dig out the dpci if someone wants it. I only saw it at ONE Target store... kind of weird. Much more worth the money than those motorized ride on scooters that cost about the same or more money. Uses pure "kid energy" to keep it going.

I know its a bit OT, but for the parents that watch this chat room, I just thought I would share an opinion about this. :)

Amazon.com also has great reviews for it.

when I was shopping the 75% off sale the day they marked down here One of the TM's came over and asked the MD team if anything was going 90% off that day? I said I thought toys never went 90% but they told me that sometimes they do. Interesting - but nothing but junk would be left at my store by the time that happened. The day they went 75% they sold 3 whole aisles packed of toys.

Just want to mention something about this toy that I found on the clearance shelf for $13.xx...

It is the NEATEST thing. I would pay full price for this. (I think they around $60 or something.) We gave it to our 3yo for her b-day yesterday and she loves it. That is, when she can get our 6 & 8yo off of it! They love it too!

Anyway, I love to hear when someone finds a good quality toy that kids love and this is a neat toy, so I thought I would share. The box says that it holds up to 220 pounds for ages 3-103! Actually, it is more fun for my 8yo to give rides to her little sisters since she can really get it going fast. They ride it around the house.

I am happy to dig out the dpci if someone wants it. I only saw it at ONE Target store... kind of weird. Much more worth the money than those motorized ride on scooters that cost about the same or more money. Uses pure "kid energy" to keep it going.

I know its a bit OT, but for the parents that watch this chat room, I just thought I would share an opinion about this. :)

I bought 2 of these yesterday. I'm saving them for Easter presents for my boys. A friend of ours got one for his birthday and we thought it was so cool!

I went to 3 more Targets and found some more stuff:

Step 2 Deluxe Canyon Road Train & Track Table for $24.xx reg $99.99

Little Tikes Easy Store Jr Slide for $9.xx reg $39.99

Little Tikes Climb & Slide Castle for $17.xx reg $69.99

(2) Plasma Cars for $13.xx reg $54.99

Walkin' Talkin" Lightning McQueen for $9.xx reg $39.99

(3) big Bionicle Lego sets for $12.48 reg $49.99 each

Cars My first DVD game $3.74 reg $12.99

Hello out there! Well, this is my 5th Target 75% off toy sale. I'm not saying that I haven't already gotten quite a bit of stuff at 75% off but I'm really not like the tiered pricing. I think it's mostly because I moved up to the mountains in Colorado and it's over an hour to get to a Target! I've visited 5 different stores over the past week and have been so surprised at the differences in what got marked down and to what. Four of the stores (Arvada West, Arvada, Church Ranch, & Sw Plaza) all have very little marked down past 30% off! The Mills store had much more marked down to 75%. A few of the items I got at 75% off that I don't recall seeing mentioned...

###087071248 Hot Wheels Power Loop Stunt Set $8.24

###204070717 Sesame Street Knex Super Grover Building Set $3.74

###204032971 Take Along Diego Safari Launch, Loop, & Rescue Set $4.98

###086050260 Disney Princess Wand $1.86

###087101524 Candyland Castle Game $2.48 (FYI - This is the GREATEST toddler game ever! My 2 and 4 year old have been able to play this by themselves for months. I picked a bunch up as gifts!)

What I haven't seen at all that I was really hoping to pick up are the VTech Cars AND Little Einsteins laptops. I had those on my Boys' Christmas lists and they didn't get them so I planned to pick them up. If anyone sees those and would be willing to pick them up I'd be SO thankful! Also, hoping to get a Smartcycle and an Air Hockey table when they go to 75% off. There are plenty of them at the stores I've visited so I just have to make sure I go down on the right day.

Anyway, THANKS everyone SO much for posting your finds!!! It made my shoping much more focused!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!

Niccole :D

Has anyone seen the Snow White dress-up dress and know what that cost?? I'm pretty sure I saw one Tonight at one Target and that rang full price (maybe around 20??) but then later I saw the same dress at my Target and it was scanning as "Not Found". So I told cashier I think it's supposed to be $2.99 and she gave it to me for that?? Now I really want to know what's the deal with that dress and how much it's supposed to be??

Sorry I don't have the orig. price. INF may be one of the disney dressup costumes from Halloween. Is the tag orange striped?? They ran $25 - $30 regular.

Where did you guys find the plasma cars? Are they with the bikes?

**I don't think I ever saw these at my Targets so maybe not all of them carry it?? But I just have to say I bought one from Overstock for $30 a while back and it is very cool.. Now, we have a very big great room (dining + living room) that has hardwood that we don't mind getting messed up a bit and it rides perfectly on there. I even like to sit with my kids and hold them in front of me and it rides no problems!!

OMG!!! My son has been wanting the plasmacar for a long time...Could you give my the DCPI number? Where would I find it in Target?

Snow White & Cinderella dresses are both $9.98 at my store. Reg price is $19.99. Those are the only 2 types they have. New dresses are being set up but they are all "Fancy Nancy" brand.