Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I went this morning at 8 to check my Target before work....no luck still 30% but they were really working in the toys aisles!

They were working pretty frantically in ours yesterday too. I think there is always a lot of pressure to re-set the department, more than most other departments that I see.

The lady in the toy department here stated they were getting them ready for markdowns for next thursday. They would be going 75% off. She was scanning items and red ticketing the ones that were not clearanced yet. I did not see a lot of good stuff though :no:

Is there a list of the toys that are 30% somewhere out there? The toy dept is such a mess that I don't know where to begin. I only have a few toys I'm hoping for and I can't find them at all.

I don't know all the toys that are 30%, but here is my wish list of currently red-tagged toys:

Transformers (I believe it is just some of the "Animated" ones that are on clearance)

Playdoh caddy - reg 19.99

Smart Cycle - currently 30%

Dora/Diego Aquadoodle

Train Table

Barbies - there are vairous ones currently clearanced, all would be great in our gift pile

Cabbage Patch dolls - I don't know which, but I did see some red stickers in that aisle.

For those of you watching the train table - Is it Circo brand? What is the regular price? I only have one store and they are long gone here. If I have more info I could send my mom out looking for me in her town. I am kicking myself for not getting the one I had in my cart during the summer clearance. At the time I wanted to get DS some trains, but hadn't found a good enough deal so I skipped it. I should have known that I would be able to find a way to get him those trains.

Its sad that I have older kids. I miss the toy days. My Target though is pretty picked over on toys. They have the clearanced ones, but nothing grand.

kids are 12 and 13 (soon to be 14 on Sat) so no toys though they still love things like games, some electronic gizmo's, sea monkeys, puzzle type toys. I miss getting them stuff and so cheaply LOL This Christmas was a financial hit since only could find a handful of deals (though did well on those deals). My son is still into LEgos despite a recanting of "I don't play with Legos anymore" LOL but its only the Star War ones and those don't seem to make it to clearance.

These are things I have seen that are marked clearance toys:

Little Tikes Slide Climber Thing

Some type of ride in race car?

Little Einstein Rocket that comes apart

Princess Barbie Collection - I think it has 7 barbies in it?

Star Wars Toy Computer

Some type of Star Wars Set and a GI JOE one

Parent's toys - soft blocks, magnet desk, cash register

Word World Toys

Hannah Montana Holiday Doll ?

High School Musical Dolls

Smart Cycle

Little People CArnival/Park Set?

Circo Train Table

Playdough Sets

Magnetix?

CAbbage Patch dolls

Smores Pony

Various Games

All I can remember right now!

In NC this morning I checked in the toy department and there was one row full of target employees. OK.. it was three and like 4 carts. but they had put all the clearance items that had been mixed in on the shelfs before on that row. They were marking like crazy, but it looks like it was just 30% Some things had tags and some did not. I had already seen most of it at 30%. Maybe next week. There were quite a few things I wanted to get.

I also miss the days of the toys. DD10 and DS13 are now mostly into electronics. I have to keep an eye out all year since electronics are so expensive. I have already started planning on next year. I think I am going to get them a LCD TV for the wall in their gameroom. Right now they have our old huge 36inch on the floor. If I can get a good deal on possibly a 42inch I think that will be their big gift. (Unless something else comes out before Xmas next year)

I don't know all the toys that are 30%, but here is my wish list of currently red-tagged toys:

Transformers (I believe it is just some of the "Animated" ones that are on clearance)

Dora/Diego Aquadoodle

Train Table

Barbies - there are vairous ones currently clearanced, all would be great in our gift pile

Cabbage Patch dolls - I don't know which, but I did see some red stickers in that aisle.

For those of you watching the train table - Is it Circo brand? What is the regular price? I only have one store and they are long gone here. If I have more info I could send my mom out looking for me in her town. I am kicking myself for not getting the one I had in my cart during the summer clearance. At the time I wanted to get DS some trains, but hadn't found a good enough deal so I skipped it. I should have known that I would be able to find a way to get him those trains.

The Cabbage Patch Dolls were 75% off in all my stores (N. CA) before Christmas. I picked up a few for $12 to donate to the Giving Tree. I'm surprised they weren't marked down already at your store.

The train table is the Circo brand one - it's 30% off right now (around $56 or so). It looks exactly like the one that was on clearance during the last big toy clearance. I picked the old model up for $20. I think the regular price on the table is $80. The old brand was called "Little Tree" (or something like that), but it looks just like the Circo one, just different packaging.

I just got back - went to two stores near me in Columbia, MD. My two year old wasn't very happy with me, lol. Toys still 30% off but they were doing a lot of scanning and pulling things from the shelf, so i'm not sure what that means!

30% here as well. I am also watching the dirt devil vacuum/brooms. They are 50% off right now. Does anybody know if they are any good?

Picked up glade scented candle refills this morning. They were marked down to $1.75 (only the apple cinnamon scent). Used MC coupons for $2.50 off two so I got 4 pkgs for $2. Some were on an end cap but some were still in with the regular merchandise.

Dora/Diego Aquadoodle

Train Table

I got this train table during the August clearance when it was by Little tree and we LOVE it!!!! My 3.5 DS bangs on it and crashes all his cars (i mean why use it just for trains, right? LOL) plus it is great for doing puzzles on and it has held up extremely well.

I just got back - went to two stores near me in Columbia, MD. My two year old wasn't very happy with me, lol. Toys still 30% off but they were doing a lot of scanning and pulling things from the shelf, so i'm not sure what that means!

hey neighbor! finally someone on here who shops at my Target! yay! :)

I got to the store at about 8:45 this morning and got really excited when I saw tons of employees in the aisles w/ scan guns. But they were only marking SOME toys to 50% off, and the rest were still staying at 30% today. They're also still moving alot of toys out of regular aisles to the clearance aisles and end caps.

I'm thinking next Wednesday or Thursday since last year, about a week passed after they consolidated toys and had a good mix of mostly 30% and some 50% toys in the aisles.

And then most things jumped from 30% to 75% overnight.