Great deal on Rock Band 2 (Xbox or PS3) $109 plus perhaps $25 GC

Rayny

In this week's circular for Toys R Us, they have Rock Band 2 for $109 (I believe this is the amount, if not exact, it's close), plus a $25 gift card. I had been on another board and I found out that Walmart would price match it (and this is the full set, the limited edition set that's almost $200). Since we have no Toys R Us in our town, they wouldn't price match for the town that was an hour away. So, we were finally able to get up there tonight. On the other board, the posters were saying that their Walmart also included the $25 gift card, but this Walmart was unwilling to do that, but they did sell it to it for the $109 price. It was such a deal that a manager had to come and put in her code since the discount was so much.

On the other board, some posters said their Walmart had to call Toys R Us and make sure they were still in stock, but the Walmart I was in tonight never called. They just matched the price (minus the gift card).

I didn't even attempt to go to Toys R Us, but the posters had been saying it was a misprint at Toys R Us and they were not selling them at that price. That, I have no knowledge of, but it's worth a shot if anyone is still looking to pick it up.

You cannot buy it for the Wii though. It has to be Xbox 360 or PS3. Perhaps you could exchange it after making the purchase, but I really don't know it it's something you could do or not.

My dh got the last one at a toys r us somewhere north of pittsburgh PA sunday after traveling from one toysrus to another all day (literally). He also got the $25 gift card. The gift card is not active to be used on a purchase for 12 hours. He then went back on monday to a closer toys r us and used the gift card on guitar hero world tour (game only).

My dh got the last one at a toys r us somewhere north of pittsburgh PA sunday after traveling from one toysrus to another all day (literally). He also got the $25 gift card. The gift card is not active to be used on a purchase for 12 hours. He then went back on monday to a closer toys r us and used the gift card on guitar hero world tour (game only).

Well, it sounds like you really cashed in. What a fantastic price. Heck, even without the $25 gift card, it's still a great price.

I guess TRU is backing the sale afterall (and now I am wishing I'd have at least made the attempt, but we were tired).

If it's sold out in your area though, It's worth the try if anyone is still looking for it.

I'm looking for a Wii Fit now. I coulda had one at Amazon last week, but I stalled 10 minutes not sure that I wanted to get it. I decided I did, but it was too late. Then yesterday, my 17 year old daughter started talking about wanting to start exercising and finding it hard to find motivation (no knowledge that the Wii exists even), and I have regretted not taking advantage of it when I had the chance. :(

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Rayny and bettyn100! I got it!

As soon as I read this I ran out to the dumpster with a flashlight and the outside broom and began to look for my Toys R Us ad, lol. I know it sounds gross and it was, but actually the good thing was that the dumpsters had been emptied today and ours was the only trash in there and it was all paper stuff, so whew!

I found it after only a couple of minutes, looked through the ad and couldn't believe I had missed this. This is what my brother wants so badly for Christmas, but we decided to get him Guitar Hero World Tour for various reasons.

Anyhow, got the ad, got GH and my receipt and took off to a Walmart. They were super nice and gave me RB2 without a single hassle or nasty look. So I got what my brother really truly wanted and saved about 85 bucks.

Plus, I was told to go back in the morning with my new receipt and see if they'll give me the 25 dollar gift card as well. I'm so excited and thankful.