Amazon Prime for $59!!

First Lady

Try Amazon Prime free for one month (new members only) and enjoy all the benefits that come with membership.

There's no obligation — cancel anytime before your Free Trial is over and you will not be charged the $59 annual fee. Subsequent years of Amazon Prime membership will be billed at the standard $79 rate. Must sign up via this page to get the special $59 promotional rate. Offer available through December 30th, 2008. Learn more

I tried to sign up my husband as a new account with the $59 rate, but it said I was or used to be a Prime member (same household basically) and did not qualify for the offer. I figured it would flag me, but I had to try...my Prime is set to renew at $79 on 12/14. :cool:

I am new to amazon, but am currently using the free trial of prime. Just wanted to ask if there are always great deals on amazon year round???? Also is there always no tax?

I get charged tax on all of my orders. Is it just me? Or maybe because I am in New York?

Try Amazon Prime free for one month (new members only) and enjoy all the benefits that come with membership.

There's no obligation — cancel anytime before your Free Trial is over and you will not be charged the $59 annual fee. Subsequent years of Amazon Prime membership will be billed at the standard $79 rate. Must sign up via this page to get the special $59 promotional rate. Offer available through December 30th, 2008. Learn more

Oh, I'll have to let my sister know.

I would believe you have to constantly be shopping to make it worth it...like in your house you are spending like it is Christmas year around.

Many people can wait a week on shipping and find something to spend atleast $25 on for free super saver shipping which you do not need PRIME for. So to me, you're basically paying $59/$79 a year just to get the item to your house within two days.

Besides NOT ALL ITEMS are Prime....people need to know that.

I would believe you have to constantly be shopping to make it worth it...like in your house you are spending like it is Christmas year around.

Many people can wait a week on shipping and find something to spend atleast $25 on for free super saver shipping which you do not need PRIME for. So to me, you're basically paying $59/$79 a year just to get the item to your house within two days.

Besides NOT ALL ITEMS are Prime....people need to know that.

I have found this to be true for our family. As much as I'd love to have a Prime membership year round, we just don't buy enough to justify the cost. I can plan my purchases around the $25 and get free shipping that way.

I have found this to be true for our family. As much as I'd love to have a Prime membership year round, we just don't buy enough to justify the cost. I can plan my purchases around the $25 and get free shipping that way.

You're exactly right...and as it is on this website, people are constantly posting great deals that are not always on Amazon.;)

Before I had PRIME, I found myself ordering items that I probably wouldn't have ordered just to get to the $25.00. I have PRIME and I LOVE it. I do shop a lot on Amazon throughout the year and will check there before I order anywhere else.

If you are on the fence but you do a lot of online shopping, it's definitely worth getting or at least looking into.

I think Prime is definately worth it!

Alot of amazons items are high to ship and heck i can say I don't shop like its christmas all year round and I still saved more than 80.00 in shipping!

Also don't forget the 2 day shipping sometimes we need the item faster and I can attest that if you have the prime you get it alot fast than with free super saving shipping

I agree that Prime is definitely worth the money if you purchase year round from Amazon. I use Amazon for books, vitamins, toys, games, printer ink, whatever we need if the price is better than the local store. (Plus for things like vitamins that are not carried in our local stores, I can use Amazon's subscribe & save, get a discount and set up automatic shipments for the time intervals I choose.) Even if you just use Amazon at Christmas time, I think the amount of shipping saved would at least equal the cost of Prime...it does for me. And keep in mind with Amazon's up & down crazy toy pricing around the holidays, you can use Prime to order each item when the price is down and not worry about getting your cart total up to $25 to get regular free shipping before Amazon jacks the price back up again. :yup: