49.00 nascar ride-along

naillady4jm

** The $49 Ride-Along offer is available for purchase by calling 1-800-BE-PETTY, on-line at www.1800bepetty.com, and at track. This offer is not valid for use at Indianapolis, Daytona, Watkins Glen, at Race Ride Events or for corporate purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offer. A maximum of ten (10) $49 Ride-Alongs can be purchased per household. The $49 Ride-Along will be given in the form of a monetary Holiday Ride-Along gift card valued at $49. The $49 Holiday Ride-Along gift cards can be redeemed starting Jan. 1, 2009. Richard Petty Driving Experience gift cards are valid for the monetary amount on the card. As such, any total purchases (including sales tax, program upgrades, peak pricing, etc) which exceeds the monetary value of the card will be due at time of redemption. Holiday offers expire Dec. 31, 2008.

I bought this for my dad a few weeks ago! Its a great deal.....I cant wait to see his face when he opens it! He is a nascar fanatic! There are a few tracks like Daytona where you cant use it but the good thing is that it never expires! But if you loose the gift card your out of luck because they dont replace them.

This is an awesome experience and the price is fantastic! My husband had gotten me the driving experience at Disney a few years ago, after having done the ride along at Daytona. I waited until almost October to reserve my drive, and in the meantime, they sent me an offer to double the laps for at no additional cost. I got 14 laps for the price of 7! If you have a Nascar lover in your family, don't miss this great price!

So who do you get to ride along with? DH is a race fan, but I cannot afford the $400 and up driving experiences, though he would want to! But I am not sure if he'd be happy or irritated to ride along with some random guy as he'd want to take over the wheel! :D

there's a professional(?) driver & someone else sits in the passenger seat (you or DH). BOth of you can't be in the same car

DH is a race fan, but I cannot afford the $400 and up driving experiences, though he would want to! But I am not sure if he'd be happy or irritated to ride along with some random guy as he'd want to take over the wheel! :D

LOL Your hubby sounds like mine! This is a great price but there is no need in me wasting my money on it because I know darn well he doesn't give a flip about riding with someone, he wants to drive one of those cars himself!:cool:

LOL Your hubby sounds like mine! This is a great price but there is no need in me wasting my money on it because I know darn well he doesn't give a flip about riding with someone, he wants to drive one of those cars himself!:cool:

That is my concern... might be better to save up and have a goal of one of the experiences instead. We have a new raceway here (Newton Speedway) that I have never thought of this kind of thing before.

I can't think of a way to ask him if he'd like it without letting him know about it.

Edited by MidwestMama

Not sure if they have any Christmas specials, but we did the Buck Baker driving experience....sooooo fun. My husband LOVED it and wants to go back :) We went to the Bristol track, but it rained us out so then we went to the Darlington one.

I dont see the Ride a Long listed for Pocono raceway. That track is very close to us. It would be awesome to be able to go there fo him to use the card.

http://www.877stockcar.com/ <---- this is the one for Pocono

FWIW - I called to reserve DH the solo experience a few Father's Day back & they had last minute cancellations that they were willing to sell @ $100 off listed prices. He then proceeded to spend $100 on a ride-along for me which was UNBELIEVABLE! and I'm not a Nascar fan. When you hit a banked turn @ 180mph you're heart jumps out of your chest.

That is my concern... might be better to save up and have a goal of one of the experiences instead. We have a new raceway here (Newton Speedway) that I have never thought of this kind of thing before.

I can't think of a way to ask him if he'd like it without letting him know about it.

Gina

I wouldn't even have to ask mine. We had seen an advertisement for a ride a long and he made the comment "screw riding, if I'm getting in one I'm driving it!" LOL

I have done this & it's a blast! I did it at the WDW race track. My dh did the driving package (birthday present) & I did the ride along. I got to go much faster than dh because it was with one of their drivers. It was really fast like: you see the wall, you see the grass, you see the wall again & then the grass & it's over.

Does anyone know, if you purchase this, can you use it at any of the tracks they list or do you have to buy it for a specific track? Thanks!

When you buy the gift card you do not have to put in a track. On the order page it says "track unspecified". Another thing also the card does not expire. I am getting one for DH for his stocking, and whenever we go on vacation and there is a track nearby he can do it since you just show up there are no reservations for the ride along. The ride alongs start 1 hour after the experiences.

I have done vegas,and Michigan. This is a good deal. They usually sell for 99 to 119.00. Depending on what track. They sell you pictures of you in side the car in your race firesuit with helmet on. They are me if I was scared after it was over and my thought were let me drive it like I stole it.