Kitchen Aid Pro600 Stand Mizer $219.00 AR Amazon

LonghornMomma

Bah! The nickel pearl is back to $360.99.

My hubby got me this one at the outlets over the weekend. I used it today and this model ROCKS! I blew the gears on my 325 watt "heavy duty" model from Kohl's so hubby got me this one with the 575 watt motor and the difference is like night and day! I love it and honestly, it's worth the extra $$ if you do heavy stuff like heavy cookie doughs and breads and stuff.

Nickel pearl is back to 269.99 before the $50 rebate. Has anyone ever seen this color? Is it pretty? I have always had red, but mine needs to be returned to Costco. It has never worked properly.

Wow, the nickel pearl is already gone again. I should have bought it within the 5 minute window of opportunity!

Edited by nat1jen

Nickel pearl is back to 269.99 before the $50 rebate. Has anyone ever seen this color? Is it pretty? I have always had red, but mine needs to be returned to Costco. It has never worked properly.

I think it's really pretty. It's like a brushed satiny metal. (Sorry, tired brain mush.)

I went for it over a bright color because firt the price was awesome, but I am forever changing my color schemes and thought a neutral would be good.

I think it's really pretty. It's like a brushed satiny metal. (Sorry, tired brain mush.)

I went for it over a bright color because firt the price was awesome, but I am forever changing my color schemes and thought a neutral would be good.

I'm sorry that I waited too long for the nickel pearl. I put the red in my cart and got involved reading all the reviews. Well, the price literally jumped $30 right before my very eyes. I guess I need to make a decision before the price goes up again.

• 3 weeks later...
DH just told me he wants to buy me one of these for my birthday in a couple of weeks. The price is now $299 after rebate. Should I still get it or will I find a better deal somewhere else? I know very little about these, just that I have wanted one for a long time... Not sure what to look for, the difference in models etc...

DH just told me he wants to buy me one of these for my birthday in a couple of weeks. The price is now $299 after rebate. Should I still get it or will I find a better deal somewhere else? I know very little about these, just that I have wanted one for a long time... Not sure what to look for, the difference in models etc...

This mixer is the most powerful model of the Kitchenaid mixers. What types of foods will you be making with the mixer? I had the Artisan mixer and upgraded to a KA Pro Mixer from Costco (it's a step down from the Pro600 model with a smaller bowl). I HATED the mixer from Costco, but I should have taken it back immediately b/c it didn't mix properly. I just got the Pro600 in nickel pearl before Christmas. It is wonderful! It's very pretty and powerful. I really wanted the red mixer, but I'm now happy that I got the nickel pearl. You will need to hurry to use the rebate. I think that the $50 rebate ends 12-31-08.

Something to consider--do you have much counter space? You might want to check the measurements on the Artisan vs the Pro600. Mine just clears the cabinets, so I'm OK.

Thanks, I ended up buying one today from Younkers. It will be $252. after the rebate. I got 10% off from the coupons they have regularly and 10% off for signing up for a Younkers card. I debated on colors a lot... almost got silver, but ended up with white. I love white kitchens, and while this house doesn't have one, since we are planning on building our next house, it will. And I want this to last that long! LOL

I just nearly got the 620 instead, which is at Williams Sonoma for $899!!! But it is on Amazon for $399 and then the $50 rebate, but it actually has a less powerful motor than the 600, the difference is it is actually nikel or copper, not just colored, but the actual metal. So?

I just got home with it and have to wrap it up, my birthday is in 2 more weeks. I am excited!!! DH NEVER comes up with presents for me! It was SO SWEET and just yesterday I was pointing them out to DS7 at Kohls saying I was going to get one when we move (I plan ahead)

Thanks, I ended up buying one today from Younkers. It will be $252. after the rebate. I got 10% off from the coupons they have regularly and 10% off for signing up for a Younkers card. I debated on colors a lot... almost got silver, but ended up with white. I love white kitchens, and while this house doesn't have one, since we are planning on building our next house, it will. And I want this to last that long! LOL

I just nearly got the 620 instead, which is at Williams Sonoma for $899!!! But it is on Amazon for $399 and then the $50 rebate, but it actually has a less powerful motor than the 600, the difference is it is actually nikel or copper, not just colored, but the actual metal. So?

I just got home with it and have to wrap it up, my birthday is in 2 more weeks. I am excited!!! DH NEVER comes up with presents for me! It was SO SWEET and just yesterday I was pointing them out to DS7 at Kohls saying I was going to get one when we move (I plan ahead)

Glad that you got your mixer! It sounds like you a got a good deal with the color that you wanted. Our sales tax is so high that I normally do better ordering from amazon. I hope that you enjoy it. I think that you will wonder why you waited so long for a KA stand mixer. Did you get the Pro 600? Happy early birthday!:D

A similar deal is http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B001F2G7E0/ref=ord_cart_shr?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3UGMDAW3F220B&v=glance

It is basically the 600 series but the covering isn't an enameled finish, but instead actual nikel alloy. It is the one at williams sonoma for $900.

You could get it from Chefs.com without going through Amazon too, but Amazon does have a magazine subscribtion that comes with it that you can cancel for $8 rebate.

Another place I was seriously considering... http://www.everythingkitchens.com/kitchen_aid_pro_600.html They say they will price match though and they wouldn't price match to my Younkers price because it was below their cost. I didn't want to go to Younkers as ours only had Red and White in stock and I was not thinking of those colors. But the more I really thought about it, I think White is best for us.

I did get the 600 series. I can't open it yet, in fact I need to go hide it until dh wraps it so the kids don't see it, they know I want one. I am hosting NYE tonight and making a lot of food and wish I could use it now! LOL Or to make my birthday cake!!! The problem is, most of the things I make are sweet or fatty... So making me cook MORE will make me grow more too!!!

I have kept my receipt and the rebate doesn't have to be filed until 1/31 (but has to be BOUGHT by TODAY!!!) so if it comes out cheaper somehow, I can still buy it. I have a sickness. I am still a little dissapointed in myself since I know this went cheaper a few weeks ago. I have trouble enjoying something that I didn't get the cheapest deal on. You guys are either my support group or my downfall... I haven't been able to decide yet!