Rant about Macy's coupon tricks

I won't shop at Macy's because of the staff there. I went to the clearance racks and needed to get ds a shirt. I picked a few out and none could be used because they were considered "designer". I didn't know Carters was considered "designer". So I won't shop there again.

I also had the $10 off $10 item for Bon-Ton and could not find anything for free, or even close to it! Yeah, sure, they want you to use the coupon on their full-price stuff, but you'd have to be nuts to do that. I finally found a pair of cheap sunglasses that were 10.99 and I waited in the line and she scanned them and they were on sale down to $4.99 so i couldn't use it. i wasn't about to waste more time going back to try and find another pair of them - target was calling me, with no restrictions on their gift cards!!!

i agree -- those coupons are a complete waste of trees.

I wanted to use the $10 on the Shark Vac on BF. The lady first told me I couln't use it because it was considered an electronic.

Then I tried to use the 15% off coupon, which said it was good on home items. Again, couldn't use it becasue it was considered an electronic. Mind you it's located in the 'home' department.

So I demanded a manager. The lady calls and says she needs a manager to the "Home" department.

I said, "What department?" She said, "Home department."

I said, "Oh, you mean the home department that I can't use the 15% off home items coupons for?" I thought this was the electronics department."

Needless to say, she didn't find me amusing, and the manager over rode it and gave it to me after I pleaded my case!

But a PITA, I agree!

I like Macy's it's one of my favorite stores to shop at for clothes for my kids. I have had good luck with the coupons so far. Elder Beerman on the other hand, their coupon is a joke. I wanted to use it on an Elmo Laptop, but it was an early special. I think why waste the ink on printing the coupons if there are so many restrictions? A REAL deal would be the sell plus being able to use the coupon. It is frustrating, at any store...