2gen Ipod Touch $199-249 (online)

Dutchess

FYI Walmart has the 8gig gen1 touch for $188 in the clearance section online.

---------------

Heres how I found it and purchased.. hope this helps someone else. You save about $50

Best Buy made a MISTAKE online which is STILL THERE.

Go to BestBuy website

Click on "Weekly Ad"

Type in your zip code if asked

Type "iPod Touch" in the search

It will pull up 4 iPods advertised. The first and last one show as 2generation. First one is listed at $199 (8gig), fourth one is listed as $249 for 16gig. Both are shown as 2gen including the sku number. Apparently it was a mistake, once you click on it.. it tries to add a 1st gen.

I contacted best buy on the phone (Need help? We're available 24/7 at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) I walked the associate through exactly how I found the ipods, she had the sale approved by a supervisor, i paid over the shown price to her over the phone with her and picked up my two 2nd gen ipod touch at my local BestBuy 30 minutes later. Bottom line is.. its posted online and advertised, they have to sell it to you. I just checked and the ipods STILL SHOW.

:yup:

Happy Shopping, you can save cash!

Ok.. so my post was confusing with the fact i threw in the walmart thing. (natural blonde). Skip the walmart junk and if you are looking for a 2gen ipod touch.. follow the instructions for BestBuy. Sorry.. I would edit it.. but im a newbie and cant.

omg i think i need to send u a gift lol i called up the 800# they went out of there way. called the store and got me a credit for the one i purchased on 11/9 they gave me back 32.10.. so when all said and done i after gc coupons .. for this ipod i only paid 51.19.. woohooo.. now to figure out how i can get another one for my neice as she really wants this . tytyty

Its there.. i just checked. The ONLY way to get to it is to follow the exact instructions I posted on the first posting. You wont be able to get to the "mistake" any other way.

Glad some people jumped on board! I actually called and ordered another one using the same method about 30 mins ago for my sis :):cheesy:

Nope. Even BestBuy stores wouldnt price match it.. its an "online oops" which is why I had to call the # to get the price etc. Circuit city barely even matches thier own ads prices and God forbid they make a fubar.. you arent getting the price.

Order it from BB before its gone (i cant believe its still there), pick it up at your local stores and be happy you got a better-than-black-friday price on an ipod touch :)

If I read the post correctly you got the 8gb for $199.00 If that's the case and it does sell out, I just got an email from Amazon that they offer the same one for $218.94 and free shipping. Not sure if it's a Great deal from Amazon, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck everyone..

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPod-touch-2nd-Generation/dp/B001FA1NZK/ref=pe_28260_10803180_as_txt_5/

Edited by bodaisy
forgot link

i purchased mine on 11/9 i called and said i want a adjustment ,but im layed up in bed due to some surgery. the 800 people called the store and put us on three way the girl gave me back the money. woohoo... but i would buy it at this price and go pick it up in store. this is a great deal. im trying to come up with funds to get another one . for my neice from santa. lol

I also just got 2 of the 16gb for $249.00. I will be picking them up tomorrow morning at the store. This is awesome. My DS13 is going to be so surprised. He wanted the Zune 8gb, but when he saw his cousin's ipod touch he changed his mind but I told him I had already ordered the Zune. THis is really going to make his Birthday/Christmas.

THANK YOU SO MUCH DUTCHESS.

how did you guys get the 16 gb for 249? I called my local store and would not honor the online ad, what did you say?

I think they called the 1-800 best buy number and talked to CSR. Then they were asked what store to pick up from (if available).

My husband called and got it. But since the store he's nearest to didn't have any in stock it's suppose to be shipped to my house. The CS said within 8 weeks! :eek:

Also for those who did this how long did it take for the order to show up on your best buy online account?

I'm getting the run around. Called the number you listed and the woman ran through it with me and saw the exact problem, and said she needed to speak w/ a supervisor. 10 mins later, she came on and took my number saying she had to contact a warehouse...hmmm....said she'd call back soon. I suppose I'll have to insist on the advertised price but it doesn't seem to be looking good right now.

I'm getting the run around. Called the number you listed and the woman ran through it with me and saw the exact problem, and said she needed to speak w/ a supervisor. 10 mins later, she came on and took my number saying she had to contact a warehouse...hmmm....said she'd call back soon. I suppose I'll have to insist on the advertised price but it doesn't seem to be looking good right now.

I would call and try it again. My bro in law called and got one today as well. Thats 4 successful times for us. Ive been very surprized at the great customer service BB is giving through all this.. not to mention, people are getting them shipped free if they simply ask (if it isnt available to pick up at your store).

As for the 8 week delivery post.. I would be shocked if it took that long. Call them back and ask if you can be informed when its available for local pick up instead, tell them you need it as a bday gift next week or something. My bro in law was told it would ship within a few days.

Happy Shopping.. my total savings on these $200 (50 x's 4) woohoo!