Staples will be my first stop

ZeroGravity108

Last year was my first BF. My first stop was Staples. Picked up a GPS, flash drive, and a couple other things. I originally wanted I think it was the 350$ Compaq Laptop but they didn't have it at my local store.

This year I plan on going to Staples first (I plan on spending overall much less than last year, 500+ to about 200 tops this year).

My list is looking like this:

SanDisk 8GB Cruzer USB 2.0 Flash Drive $12.99 *

Western Digital My Book 640GB USB Hard Drive $69.99

Kodak EasyShare C913 9MP Digital Camera w/ 1GB Card$79.99

Free Canon Photo Printer w/ Purchase of Any Advertised Camera FREE *

What are you guys looking to pick up?

After that I think I'm going to head to Best Buy and then

OfficeMax:

Brother HL-2140 Monochrome Laser Printer$49.99

Somewhere along the way I need to pick up a GPS (Mine got stolen in the campus parking lot)

I got up at 4:30-4:40am. I live less than ten minutes away from my local store so I was in line around 4:50-5:00am. Got everything I wanted easily.

I might go a little bit later this year.

It's nice, Staples has good deals but it seems to be such a low key location. The fact that there are at least 3 locations in my area, the closest (North Kingstown), then there is Warwick and Wakefield, both about 25 minutes north or south. So it gives Rhode Islanders a better chance to get these deals (IMO).

I heard employees can NOT get deals. Have a friend come in?

Staples typically is usually my first stop. I go to a low-key Staples as well. The manager is super-organized too which helps.

Typically, I get there 45 minutes early and sit in the car until I see someone else get out of their car. Last year I was first in line. :) I am looking for the $79.99 camera for my brother for Christmas.

I work for staples... im sure hoping my manager will lett me pickup that WD 640gb hard drive before they get snatched up by the customers...

It would be less confrontational if you just bought them online when they go on sale at staples.com after midnight on BF.

There was a big stink around here a few years ago when Lowe's had some HDTVs at incredible prices for BF. People who camped out were pissed to find out that ALL of the TVs had been bought before the doors even opened by employees and their friends.

OK. If Staples is your first stop, what time to get in line this year? Do they hand out tickets? I have been going to BB first every year for years and I'm not going this year. So I was thinking of going to Staples first.

They do hand out tickets for doorbusters and things they feel they might run out of. How early? 90 minutes at least.

It would be less confrontational if you just bought them online when they go on sale at staples.com after midnight on BF.

There was a big stink around here a few years ago when Lowe's had some HDTVs at incredible prices for BF. People who camped out were pissed to find out that ALL of the TVs had been bought before the doors even opened by employees and their friends.

well as of right now that hard drive is not avaliable online but if it is i plan to buy it on there and not from the store... i am a former blackfriday line camper and i hated when employees did that thats why i only do it if its something i really really need and a really good price.

I am interested in Kodak camera with free printer. Do you think the free printer offer will be available online?

Do the other Staples carry laptops on a regular basis? If so, then they'll probably have the sale laptop. Go to staples.com, look up phone number for the store in question and call 'em to ask.

Today I went to three different Staples within the area to check out the laptop area and see if the laptop i want is there.

I only found one Staple having that laptop. It doesnt mean the other two won't have them right?

I seriously doubt the printer would be included online.

Today I went to three different Staples within the area to check out the laptop area and see if the laptop i want is there.

I only found one Staple having that laptop. It doesnt mean the other two won't have them right?

Last year only select Staples had the laptop sales and it looks like this year will be the same. Call the store to confirm, they will usually tell you how many they have so you know if it worth waiting in line. We showed up around 1 am and were like 3rd in line last year, the employees told us to show up by 4 to be safe, but that would have been too late last year for a laptop. Good luck in your search!

I work for Staples also and know this is a huge no no. Sorry to say but that pretty sad if you do this or if your manager lets this happen. I have fun with black friday even though I am working most of the people that come in are pretty pleasant. I hope you like that hard drive more than your job is all I am saying. To all you going out and waiting, good luck I hope you all get what you are looking for and hope things like this dont happen in your store.

I work for staples... im sure hoping my manager will lett me pickup that WD 640gb hard drive before they get snatched up by the customers...

I work for Staples also and know this is a huge no no. Sorry to say but that pretty sad if you do this or if your manager lets this happen. I have fun with black friday even though I am working most of the people that come in are pretty pleasant. I hope you like that hard drive more than your job is all I am saying. To all you going out and waiting, good luck I hope you all get what you are looking for and hope things like this dont happen in your store.

come on, its not like were buying the entire store... one hard drive that we ended up having 32 of... now we do have employees wanting to buy l 5 of one thing and if i have to give up my drive for them to not get greedy and clean out the store. I dont approve of that. Note, i only buy something that we have excessive amounts of. So no worries, we dont go crazy so the customers have nothing left.