Any deals on home theater projectors??

Look... a 1080p projector is BAD ASS! I have one in my home theater in my basement, but it was over 10K. (Yes, I am that crazy ... and yes, I financed it all into the cost of my house.. so sue me. ;) ) As far as finding one, idk.. maybe. Your best bet would be to check TigerDirect.com or even Geeks.com Those may be good shots. =) hope that helps.

720p models are hovering around $900-1000 now and I was hoping for a crazy deal on an Optoma or something like that for $500-600. On the other hand, if someone had a 1080p for around $1000-1500 I'd have to beg the accountant (wife) for some financial leeway and buy that sucker before she had time to change her mind!!

Last year it seemed like lots of deals were out there, new and refurbed, this year nothing. I have an inFocus SP4805 with Faroudja processing. It is only 480p, native 16:9, but with DVI input it looks really great. My seating distance is 17ft from 110" screen. Thinking I might go Bluray this year and that means at least 720p on the projector. If there are no deals on the projector, there's no reason to go bluray.

720p models are hovering around $900-1000 now and I was hoping for a crazy deal on an Optoma or something like that for $500-600. On the other hand, if someone had a 1080p for around $1000-1500 I'd have to beg the accountant (wife) for some financial leeway and buy that sucker before she had time to change her mind!!

Last year it seemed like lots of deals were out there, new and refurbed, this year nothing. I have an inFocus SP4805 with Faroudja processing. It is only 480p, native 16:9, but with DVI input it looks really great. My seating distance is 17ft from 110" screen. Thinking I might go Bluray this year and that means at least 720p on the projector. If there are no deals on the projector, there's no reason to go bluray.

Keep us updated if you see anything......