Anyone seen DVD/VCR recorders on sale?

amickeyfan

Unless I am missing them somewhere, I haven't seen anyone with any advertised for BF. Has anyone seen any DVD/VCR Recorder combo's advertised? That is the one thing I really want to get and have not seen any...unless like I said, I am just not seeing them :confused:

I had seen a nice one on the HSN for $199 about a month ago but figured I would wait until BF.

VCRs are becoming more of a professional item and not a consumer item since the studios dont release films on VHS anymore. With that said you wont see any real sales on the VCR/DVD combos. Most people dont know this but they still do make Beta decks and tapes and they also do make round tables still.

I have seen deals for DVD/VCR combo's, and see plenty of them in all of the stores, I just am not seeing any BF deals on DVD/VCR recording combo's... You can still get recording VCR's... it seems the hard thing to get is the combo where the DVD can record as well as the VCR. As far as "round tables" do you mean turntables? I have seen them in stores as well.. in fact, one of the stores, maybe Target (so it would not be a great turntable) has one for BF.. if not Target, one of them do..

I do understand they are starting to go the way of the 8-track, but they can still be purchased in many stores.. at least here in SW FL...

I got a JVC DR- MV100B Dvd/VCR combo at Sam' Club for about $200. Both sides record and it picks up digital channels out of the box since I have an hdtv. The dvd side records on DVD + and -. Also has ability for dubbing since am trying to convert my homemade tapes to dvd. Warehouse Clubs are usually a good place to get electonics. The local CC ones with digital were closer to $300.

The one in Sears for $50 would only be the player. Thanks for the heads up though..

The one in Sams sounds like the one I was looking at on HSN. The one there had the ability to copy my home VHS onto DVD's. That was one of the things that caught my eye too.. I like that feature :yup: That is what I am looking for. I have tons of VHS, pre-recorded as well as home videos that I would love to convert. I still have 2 working VCR's in my house, plus 3 DVD players. However, when the VCR's go, I don't want to have to purchase new ones. I want the combo so I can convert.. it would be cheaper in the long run for me to do it than have it done elsewhere.

I even want to say it was a JVC on HSN... I know it was $199

You guys already have a VCR right?

Just buy a DVD-recorder, hook up the VCR and dub over the movies onto DVD.

Then disconnect the VCR and put it up in the attic next to the 45s, air-pop popcorn maker, microwave with no turntable, the B&W 13" tube TV, and other items of obsolete electronics that none of us can bear to part with... ;)

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Non-Smiling/Clever.gif

You guys already have a VCR right?

Just buy a DVD-recorder, hook up the VCR and dub over the movies onto DVD.

Then disconnect the VCR and put it up in the attic next to the 45s, air-pop popcorn maker, microwave with no turntable, the B&W 13" tube TV, and other items of obsolete electronics that none of us can bear to part with... ;)

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Non-Smiling/Clever.gif

DUHHHH I am a natural blonde. I didn't think of that one.. that would be easier and cheaper too.. ok, next question.. since I am not a tech geek.. how do I get the both to go at the same time? I can run my VCR and (new) DVD recorder at the same time on one TV? OK.. laugh at me....:giggle:

DUHHHH I am a natural blonde. I didn't think of that one.. that would be easier and cheaper too.. ok, next question.. since I am not a tech geek.. how do I get the both to go at the same time? I can run my VCR and (new) DVD recorder at the same time on one TV? OK.. laugh at me....:giggle:

Hook it up so that you have TV access to your DVD recorder (DVD out) while the vcr is hooked up to go "in" to your DVD recorder. Start the tape and then start your recorder.

VCR? What's that? ;) I still have on in my basement SOMEWHERE. I think you may be able to find them at WalMart or Target, but not really BestBuy or some major Tech store. Thats just my thoughts. I'm not sure if you will find VCR/DVD recorders on BF.. but its possible. Don't take my word on it though.

As far as "round tables" do you mean turntables? I have seen them in stores as well.. in fact, one of the stores, maybe Target (so it would not be a great turntable) has one for BF.. if not Target, one of them do..

I do understand they are starting to go the way of the 8-track, but they can still be purchased in many stores.. at least here in SW FL...

We treasure our still functional 8-track player (all in one stereo system from about 1982). We've even had friends borrow it on occasion

I don't remember seeing any in the BF ads. However, there is usually one in the regular Sunday ads at Best Buy and such most weeks. I would look in the ads tomorrow or next Sunday. Or you could always check amazon and places that may be slightly cheaper...

I found one for BF (thanks to the links on this board :D) However it was only $29 off, reg price was $229 BF will be $199, if I remember right, it was Sears (found it late last night going thru every ad link on this board :yup:) I will take your advise and look today and next week if someone doesn't come up with a "surprise deal" on BF.. :)

Big Lots has one on BF for $79.99. Can't tell the brand, but the pic looks like the same Magnavox I bought there a few months ago. I haven't had any problems with it, but also rarely use it, and have yet to use the DVD recorder feature.

Big Lots has one on BF for $79.99. Can't tell the brand, but the pic looks like the same Magnavox I bought there a few months ago. I haven't had any problems with it, but also rarely use it, and have yet to use the DVD recorder feature.

I would suggest recording all of your VHS onto DVD as soon as you can.

I did that a while ago and was shocked as to how much the videotape (picture/sound) had degraded over time. The DVD will last much longer.