Chances Deals are better after holliday season?

Versatile

How do you guys feel about that? My mother brought up this point that places may be testing the waters to see how the sales are now, and then dropping the price even lower after the holliday season(after Christmas).

I really want a 32 inch LCD for my room, and thought of waiting till after Christmas sucks, but if the deals will truly be better then I'd do it.

Thanks

My boyfriend was telling me about an article that he read where the writers used last year's trend and said the best deals on tvs came out about 2 weeks before Christmas. They did say that this year might be different because of the digital tv switch, so it's possible that we might see the best deals after Christmas, but that would be unusual based on history.

I'll see if he can find the article again so I can post it here.

I keep my receipts handy. If something I buy comes out at a really good deal in a week or two I'll take back what I bought and re-purchase it somewhere else! I guess it does me no good if we are talking after Christmas - but I really can't see where it does the retailers much good either. They have to have their inventory low for the begining of the year and people are notoriously broke after the holiday season and nobody is shopping!

The issue is that like with BF ads, the weekly ads for the next 4 weeks until Christmas have also been prepared in advance, so if BF sale numbers are weak, the only real option is to promote extra sales online. There will definitely be BF-"quality" deals in the next month, but there just won't ever be as many as there are on BF.

I'd expect the online retailers to really increase their deals after BF as they have the flexibility to change prices at a moment's notice.

right -- same old, same old. there is not infinite money and there is not infinite merchandise. those who are looking for something specific will buy early and pay more while those who are less fussy, will find better deals on less selection as the holiday approaches.

each year, i make a list. i start shopping for the stuff i 'must have' after labor day. i do price adjustments and returns as available, but the key is to get mine. once i'm done with that, i shop for deals. finally, i pick over the clearance at the end of the season.

i think we had some better than bf deals in the last two months. i have had no opportunity to adjust or return. i'm disappointed in the bf deals and may not even go out. BUT i expect to get some really great deals on the leftover merchandise as the holiday approaches and the retailers panic.