Stores that are open 24 hours?

michelle_cols_oh

So, stores like Walmart and Meijer that are open 24 hours, what happens for their "doorbuster" sales? For example, Meijer has a Thanksgiving day sale that starts at 6 am. I assume the store will be open 24 hours and will be open before 6 am. Can someone go in and grab the sale items at 2 am, wait around to check out at 6:05 am when the sale prices are in the registers?

thanks!!!!

At our Wal-Mart that is open 24 hours they have all the items out on big palletts and everyone just stands beside what they want until 5 am when they unwrap them. Then it's a free for all. No one is allowed to touch any of the items until 5 AM though.

Same here. Its soooo nice. Don't have to stand out in the freezing cold. Wish Best Buy was like that. :no:

its the same at my walmart they always have all of the items spread out though to confuse ppl like toys in the clothes and dvd players in home goods etc and MOST of the pallets are wraped so the you can't see whats under in but if your good u can;) my sis i law works at walmart and all her friends who are off we all go to walmart around 4 and scope out what all we want then one person gets at each item and we all get what we want love it:D

At the Meijers I shop at they have all the BF Deals wrapped also. A line is organized, a worker also keeps counting the poeple in the line. SO you can tecnically know if you are going to get one or not. Then at 5am they hand them out . It is really smooth and organized and WARM :-) I get there about 3:30 grab the other things I want and get in the line of the #1 item on my list. And run to the next line after I get the first item and hope I get one there too.