Do you line up Outside or Inside

proloz

My Super Walmart doesn't close on BF at all...so there is no line waiting outside. We all get right in and they have everything ALL over the store on pallets wrapped in plastic. So as a group we split up and stand near the things we want the most.....then when it's time to open them all it gets a little crazy. The store is huge though and the pallet locations never make any sense.....a lot are over in the food section.

Do you all get right in your store too? Or do you have to wait outside?

My walmart is open 24 hours but it is not a supercenter. They actually close on Thanksgiving night, I am hearing they maybe open all night this year..I hope I hate waiting outside in the cold. Also when they do open the employees are lined up when you first walk in and they actually laugh at you when you walk by...so RUDE!! My DD is older now and not wanting toys so I may just skip Walmart this year.

My Super Walmart doesn't close on BF at all...so there is no line waiting outside. We all get right in and they have everything ALL over the store on pallets wrapped in plastic. So as a group we split up and stand near the things we want the most.....then when it's time to open them all it gets a little crazy. The store is huge though and the pallet locations never make any sense.....a lot are over in the food section.

Do you all get right in your store too? Or do you have to wait outside?

Ours is almost exaclty like your's. But most of the pallets are scattered in the clothes and houseware sections.

I'm SO.... glad we don't have to wait outside and can get there early and get an idea of where everything is. Most of the stuff is in black plastic but you can still see in the top of it and figure out what it is.

the first year we got a supercenter, they had signs posted that they would be closed and nobody would be allowed to enter until 5am...got there at 4 to get in line and guess what...the doors were open and there were hundreds of people there! No idea when they changed their minds cause I was there Thanksgiving evening and the signs were up! Last year my sil and I got there around 3:30 I think...ugh

Our last town closed TG day too so you had to wait outside, this new town stays open. But, there is no map, no rhyme or reason to where things are etc... You have a much worse chance of getting more than one high desire item as they put them in different parts of the store and they are mobbed but it is just pure luck if you are standing in the right area.

Guest HoosierShadow

I don't even know if our Walmarts are open or not on TG LOL But honestly I wont get there early enough to even think about waiting in the cold. I don't leave my house until 6am.

My husband doesn't get off work until about that time, and I won't leave my kiddos alone. And it would be a cold day in h.....ello before I'd take all 3 of my kids out alone on BF...haha...I get what I can get, and if I don't get it, I pout, and move on... :D

Where's the fun in that? lol. I get on line at Best Buy at 7am Thursday.

LOL Not when you are at Kmart at 1am on Thanksgiving day to get the Wii!! In our area we are considered one of the first people at Walmart when we get there around 3am!! When we go by Target (about a mile from Walmart) on our way to Walmart there are maybe 15 people outside, BB is around 30 people!!

We usually get to our supercenter by 3:30am and grab all the things we want to price match and then we find a friendly worker to tell us where everything is and we split up and stand by the pallets and wait until 5. They say something over the intercom like start shopping or something like that. We use to stand outside until we got a supercenter. I am so spoiled now I don't know if I could wait outside anymore. I hated waiting outside because you had on 10 layers of clothes and then 5 minutes after you are in the store you thought you where going to pass out because you were so hot. The things we do to save money:D

I wiat inside now that WM is SWM.. had a few years outside.. SO glad i dont have to do that.. but my WM never has maps.. drives me crazy but i will have my teenlet with me and we will have all our PM items well before 5am and then know where we need to be.. please let WM have a good ad so I dont have to wait outside at target

I'm in the pocono's pa and our walmart always leaves us inside and they even give us maps of the store that shows where the door busters item are. This way we know right where to go or to be at 5am. We go with a team of 5 and all split up with everyone's list .

We have never had a problem getting anything we wanted .

We can wait inside with all the plastic-wrapped pallets at my WM too. But they do put them in some odd places. Last year they did have some of the toy pallets in the toy section, which shocked me, but most of them are in the food section and in housewares. You have to run all over the store to get everything on your list!

Ours is a 24hr so we wait around the pallets or the electronic section, its really quite nice because we don't have to get up super early! We usually are there around 3:30

Ours are the same way.

Luckily we have 4 walmarts all within a 15/20 min. drive and I'm going to hit the slower of the 4 if they have a decent sale. :tongue1:

I hated waiting outside because you had on 10 layers of clothes and then 5 minutes after you are in the store you thought you where going to pass out because you were so hot. The things we do to save money:D

I was laughing so hard when I read this!!!! Isn't that the truth....I LOVE not having to put on so many layers now!!! Just my GottaDeal tshirt layered with a turtle neck!

Hey! post 1000!!!!!:yup: