question about a lower profile item

Kwyjibo3637

I am probably gonna get Endwar for Xbox 360 on BF from BB..could any of the BF vets tell me if I would need to wait in line for something that as a hardcore gamer I can say won't be in huge demand this holiday.

Unless I can get a better deal from Gamestop this is what I am going with.

I am also not saying I am going at like 11am or anything..I would wake up with the sun probably..6am or so.

On BF they will have some sales on it. Find where it is cheapest and get there at a reasonable time but you won't have to be there as early unless it is a super low price with limited numbers available. Best Buy has lines for hours if you are not in and out quickly so take that into consideration as well. If that is all you are looking for you would be better off pay a little more and go to a small store like Gamestop as you said. The lines go a lot quicker than larger stores and if you want you still have time to get to other stores before all the deals are gone. To be able to do that at BB you have to be one of the first in the door which would mean you would have to stand in line all night, otherwise you can expect to be in line for approximately 2 hours or more to get the XBox.

bump - i've got a similar question as the OP but about a different item. the only thing i'd buy from bestbuy is the 19" LCD monitor for $99. i don't think this is considered a big ticket item - does anyone have any idea:

1) - if i don't camp out but get there reasonably early (around 5ish), would i still be able to get something like this?

2) - how quickly does the line outside move after the store has opened? so if doors open at 5am, and there is a huge line outside, how long until the people towards the end actually get to go inside? i dont wanna show up at 530 am only to have to wait on line for an hour or 2.. id rather go when i can actually get inside without waiting (even if it means the item may or may no longer be in stock anymore)... thanks

if it matters, i live in the NJ side of the NYC metro area and i've got alot of best buys near me that i could go to (mostly in the suburbs as i won't be going into manhattan for BF)

I show up about 2 hours before open and for all 4 years I have gotten the lower profile item I wanted. I never had to wait all that long either. I'm not shopping in a huge city like Los Angeles but around Santa Barbara.

If I were you I would preorder it at another store and see if they price match elsewhere. If not I don't think EndWar will be flying off the shelf at all. I'd think Fallout 3 and that one 4 player zombie game would be in higher demand.

bump - i've got a similar question as the OP but about a different item. the only thing i'd buy from bestbuy is the 19" LCD monitor for $99. i don't think this is considered a big ticket item - does anyone have any idea:

1) - if i don't camp out but get there reasonably early (around 5ish), would i still be able to get something like this?

2) - how quickly does the line outside move after the store has opened? so if doors open at 5am, and there is a huge line outside, how long until the people towards the end actually get to go inside? i dont wanna show up at 530 am only to have to wait on line for an hour or 2.. id rather go when i can actually get inside without waiting (even if it means the item may or may no longer be in stock anymore)... thanks

if it matters, i live in the NJ side of the NYC metro area and i've got alot of best buys near me that i could go to (mostly in the suburbs as i won't be going into manhattan for BF)

I wouldn't say it's a big ticket item but it's a good price and I would expect it to sell quickly. I was thinking about a 19" monitor myself but I am opting to buy the $299 system that comes with the printer and 19" monitor. I would say it will sell out by the time it reaches about the first 300 - 400 people on line. If you are not there early any deals that are even decent will be gone. Also if you are not able to get in and have someone get you a place on line within the first 3 mintes or so of the store opening expect to be there for a few hours on line. Last year I was #19 on line and didn't get out until about 6:30.

If all you are after at Best Buy is a 19" monitor, I think you'd have to be out of your mind to go there on Black Friday. The monitor in question has a regular retail of about $129.

To save $30 are you willing to not get the monitor at all -and- wait in line to check out for up to 3 hours? I am not kidding - I did Black Friday at Best Buy back in 2004 and waited in line for at least two hours, and Black Friday is much more popular now than it was back then.

If you'd rather not waste your entire morning, check this thread out:

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=127414

^^sweet thanks for that link. i'll try and pick up that monitor at newegg instead. black friday always intrigues me but so far i've never gone to a big store yet. my first and only experience was last year when i went to radio shack a few minutes before open and got the 2 things i needed.

^^sweet thanks for that link. i'll try and pick up that monitor at newegg instead. black friday always intrigues me but so far i've never gone to a big store yet. my first and only experience was last year when i went to radio shack a few minutes before open and got the 2 things i needed.

Stay out of the big box stores -- you have the right idea, stick with Radioshack, OfficeMax, Office Depot and Staples.

Maybe JCP or Sears.

Target, Walmart, BB, CC = http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Sad%20Upset/millan_whatdidimiss.gif

I stay away from BB at all costs on BF. I have generally had good luck with Target sicne we get there early after hitting HH Gregg and Home Depot, then go to Target then hit Ae and are done. THough this year we may have to go to Sears so yuck...

Also stopped by my BB to look at the price of a couple refidgerators for my parents, and I was talking to one of the Tech guys when i was leaving and he said he thinks they will have somewhere b/t 25-40 of the monitors at the store near me. Maybe more, but that truck doesn't get in until tomorrow so...

Stay out of the big box stores -- you have the right idea, stick with Radioshack, OfficeMax, Office Depot and Staples.

Maybe JCP or Sears.

Target, Walmart, BB, CC = http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Sad%20Upset/millan_whatdidimiss.gif

Wish everyone would do that and not go to Best Buy. Would make things easier and I wouldn't have to camp out as long :)