December birthdays

orangedaisy

Not Dec- but my husband and I are Nov. 23rd & 24th. I actually hated (and still kind of do) when it falls on Thanksgiving weekend. Growing up if it was the Wed-Sun of Thanksgiving, my mother was always too busy to really do anything on the side to celebrate. I don't remember ever having a birthday cake, honestly. Seems like no matter when my birthday fell they always celebrated it on Thanksgiving w/ a candle in a pie. Never had to worry about the combo gift, but being that close to a major holiday, always made it kind of an after thought.

Now for budget wise, we have my fathers birthday 12/5. My son's birthday is 1/20. I always feel bad, because I'm usually too broke in January to do something all out.

I always joke though that I get hit w/ mini-Christmas in the summer/spring. within a 6 weeks timeframe I have Mothers & Fathers Day, my neice & nephews birthday, my sisters birthday, my mother and MIL's birthday, and my BIL. I guess I should be thankful they are all not close to Christmas, but heck they could of spread out a little more.

I have two nephews and two nieces with bdays in December. I am guilty of wrapping bday presents in xmas paper. My younger son's bday is Jan. 7. We usually put off his birthday for a few weeks to give people a chance to recover from the holidays. Although the trend lately seems to be the kids come over for the birthday and don't bring a present. Not that it's all about getting presents, but I never send my kids to a party without a gift. And if they've been invited to a party that we can't make, I send a gift anyway.

DD 14's birthday is Dec. 24th. We have always had her birthday party early afternoon on Christmas Eve with a birthday cake and wrap her gifts in birthday paper to keep it seperate from Christmas. I always felt like it wouldn't be fair to her since the other kids get birthdays through the year and she has to share her's with Christmas. Then she gets seperate gifts for Christmas.

Btw, being in labor on Christmas Eve was no picnic, lol. Neither was being in the hospital on Christmas Day. They brought her into my room wearing a cany cane-striped cap and she was in a big Christmas stocking. It was so cute, but it sucked being away from home on the holidays. I always tell her she was the best Christmas present I have ever gotten, lol.

Hubby's birthday is Dec. 26th and he gets a birthday party, too. I am usually pooped by the time New Year's comes around.

I have two nephews and two nieces with bdays in December. I am guilty of wrapping bday presents in xmas paper. My younger son's bday is Jan. 7. We usually put off his birthday for a few weeks to give people a chance to recover from the holidays. Although the trend lately seems to be the kids come over for the birthday and don't bring a present. Not that it's all about getting presents, but I never send my kids to a party without a gift. And if they've been invited to a party that we can't make, I send a gift anyway.

i do the same and have had so many parents act all weird about it. We ALWAYS did this when i was growing up. So of course when I had DD and the parties started to happen I always sent if we couldnt make it...Didnt know this had gone out of fashion?!?!

Also I have wrapped Bday gifts in christmas paper....though its usually in Feb. or June...Hee Hee....I do try to buy generic 1 color paper to use in after sales but if I run out I just wrap it white side out and hand DD the stamps and art kit...we call it custom paper :P Only do this for family/close friends though

Growing up, my family there was 7 kids. 6 of us are december babies. My parents always made sure to make that day "our" day. We would just have a cake at home, no big party. My mom always said that she wouldnt dare invite people to a birthday party so close to Christmas. I didnt mind the christmas wrapping paper, but I did feel cheated that I never had a real birthday party as a kid...honestly, as a kid, my parents never gave me a combo gift, now as an adult, friends give me combo gifts, which is more than fine with me.;)

DS4 was due on 12/21 and I freaked out and begged the Dr's to induce me on 12/12. I told them I have 3 little ones at home who can NOT be disappointed on Christmas morning and my DH is an EMT so he could deliver the baby because I said I'd refuse to come in after 12/23,lmao.

DS13 was due on 12/21 too....just now realized that,lmao. He was induced after being a week late....standard thing here.