I need ideas please...

wnc_mom

I hope this is ok to post here...I am looking for 1 gift to give my nieces and nephews for christmas i am trying to think of a gift i can give each family and trying to stay under $25 for each family The first family is 1 boy 4 and 2 twin girls i think they are around 7 or 8 and the 2nd family is 1 boy 10 and 1 girl 7 and 1 girl who is 4....what are some ideas of 1 gift they could all share i have alrady thought of dvds,board games,and one of those butterfly gardens im just looking for something a little better... Thanks!

I have done board games before for cousins familys, I have also given them croquet one year (that was a favorite) With the age range, and including the adults and more than four players, I would look at games such as Toss Across, Dominoes(sp??), or Rebound. I am thinking of doing some card games this year (uno crazy eight, go fish, old maid, regular deck( the dollar tree has all of these except uno), maybe a mug for each person, some microwave popcorn, and some hot chocolate.

How about a GC to a local bowling alley or the movies.

Or purchase a dvd and theme around the dvd. IE Kung fu Panda - and then include gummy bears, a barrel of monkeys (are these even still made), animal crackers, bug juice, chocolate turtles etc.

How about a GC to a local bowling alley or the movies.

Or purchase a dvd and theme around the dvd. IE Kung fu Panda - and then include gummy bears, a barrel of monkeys (are these even still made), animal crackers, bug juice, chocolate turtles etc.

Yes, I saw Barrel of Monkeys the other day at TRU

I have made a family basket using a dvd, jiffy pop popcorn (most kids haven't seen this and are amazed to see it pop on the stove), kool-aid pkgs, some fun curly plastic straws (from Dollar Tree 6 in a pkg), plastic cups and some of the show size boxes of candies (from the Dollar Tree).

Another good basket for kids is one filled with arts & craft & puzzle items. Even older kids can't resist a new can of playdoh. The Dollar Tree is a wonderful place to find get things for this basket as well. They have search n find books, puzzles, color pens & pencils, craft project pkts, molding clay, crayons, and so much more. I have made a large filled basket for under $20.

The Dollar Tree is a great place to find items to fill a basket and make it look fun. They usually have colorful containers to use as a "basket" too. Check out their storage isle for all sorts of colorful, different size containers. As you can probably tell, I am a big fan of the Dollar Tree. :D

I would do a movie basket. Pick a good Christmas movie/cartoon. Then you can add the theater candies, bottles of soda, microwave popcorn, etc. Journey to the center of the earth would be a good DVD to choose, since it comes with the 3D glasses. Kids love those.

I have made a family basket using a dvd, jiffy pop popcorn (most kids haven't seen this and are amazed to see it pop on the stove), kool-aid pkgs, some fun curly plastic straws (from Dollar Tree 6 in a pkg), plastic cups and some of the show size boxes of candies (from the Dollar Tree).

Another good basket for kids is one filled with arts & craft & puzzle items. Even older kids can't resist a new can of playdoh. The Dollar Tree is a wonderful place to find get things for this basket as well. They have search n find books, puzzles, color pens & pencils, craft project pkts, molding clay, crayons, and so much more. I have made a large filled basket for under $20.

The Dollar Tree is a great place to find items to fill a basket and make it look fun. They usually have colorful containers to use as a "basket" too. Check out their storage isle for all sorts of colorful, different size containers. As you can probably tell, I am a big fan of the Dollar Tree. :D

I am too lol we don't have a big one close by but there is one that is huge about 1 hr away that i go to i need to go there soon lol can't beat a buck!

I too wish my Dollar Tree was closer, but I save $ because I spend less, as I go there less often.

I have an Idea, How about an EXPRESS Gift... they have these new games--second row on page-> http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=clue+express+sorry+express&x=0&y=0 called Express games.

Express Battleship, Clue, Monopoly etc.

I saw them In TARGET today for 9.99 and 10.99 I'd pick one that you can't recall seeing at their house. It is like a little travel game, some got good reviews. Then you'd have 15 $ left to spend. Maybe you can find the movie Polar EXPRESS, I think I got it somewhere last year for X-mas. So now that is about 15 total And maybe an American Express gift card for $10 (if they come in that denomination).

Or maybe a gift card for an Asian restaurant like Oriental Express or Panda Express ?

Edited by allshoppedout