eMachines eMD620-5777 Laptop $299.99 + Tax & Shipping @ Bestbuy.com

wnielsen1

Bestbuy.com has the $299.99 laptop available now. Shipping was $19.99 for me.

• AMD Athlon™ 2650e* single-core processor
  • 1GB DDR2 memory, expandable to 2GB.
  • Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
  • 14.1" WXGA widescreen display
  • 160GB SATA hard drive (5400 rpm)
  • ATI RADEON X1200 graphics
  • 3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
  • Built-in wireless LAN (802.11b/g)
  • Built-in Ethernet LAN with RJ-45 connector
  • Weighs 5.3 lbs. and measures just 1.6" thin
  • Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic operating system preinstalled

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9057058&type=product&id=1218013392456

Nice find!

For those buying this, may I suggest that you also grab another 1GB of memory, or keep an eye on the site for a good deal on the memory.

With running Vista, you almost NEED 2gb.

I think that they should have upped the ram.... :(

Still available.....

I bought one too. Missed getting yesterday's at Walmart :gdparanoid: so I'm happy to get this one. I hear what everyone is saying about the RAM but this will only be for web surfing basically. I do everything else on my desktop. So for my needs, it'll do. One less thing to look for on Black Friday!

Noehlp, thanks for mentioning about grabbing another !G of memory, will do. ;)

This will be my 1st laptop. What else do I need to get this up and running?

I bought one too. Missed getting yesterday's at Walmart :gdparanoid: so I'm happy to get this one. I hear what everyone is saying about the RAM but this will only be for web surfing basically. I do everything else on my desktop. So for my needs, it'll do. One less thing to look for on Black Friday!

Noehlp, thanks for mentioning about grabbing another !G of memory, will do. ;)

This will be my 1st laptop. What else do I need to get this up and running?

No problem.

If it's your first laptop, you may want to invest in a wireless or corded mouse. Make sure it specifies that it is for laptops and works with Vista. And if you get the mouse, grab a mouse pad, unless you already have one.

No problem.

If it's your first laptop, you may want to invest in a wireless or corded mouse. Make sure it specifies that it is for laptops and works with Vista. And if you get the mouse, grab a mouse pad, unless you already have one.

Thank you! I appreciate it.:D

Looks like it is OOS online - might be available in store. These were never available for store pickup so do not rely on the online inventory to tell you if it is available nearby - you have to go see for yourself or at least call.

This one was never available at any nearby locations according to Best Buy's website. I thought that was strange seeing how it's in today's circular. I should have called to save on shipping but I'm okay with that. I ordered this at about 4 am, lol.