Black Friday Transportation?

zim05

last year i took a subaru forrester, borrowed my parents car to make room for all those diapers! ;)

this year i'm taking my car, a little sentra.

no real bad car experiences last year or this. however, every year before that i was a mall employee on BF. I came out of work one year, 2003, to find that the back half of my car was not where i left it. Apparently since it was such a big parking lot no one tried to find out where I was or where I was working. Luckily there were witnesses, and it was on camera - someone called police and almost all the paperwork was taken care of. needless to say, it was a nasty shock when i walked out to my car. I actually walked past it 2x thinking "that can't be my car". It took about a month to get the car "repaired" I was never able to open the trunk again.

As I don't own a car (live in NYC), I have taken compact rental cars the past two years, one in Chicago, and will do the same in Fort Worth this year. Compact car trunk has plenty of room for what I buy, and it saves on gas while I'm saving on purchases. (Good for the environment, too.) :)

huge suv--the last several years we've taken my sil's Envoy and put the back two rows down. One year we took an extra person and could only put one seat down--our third person was being buried in the back seat, but boy it was fun. This year we may take my Suburban -- it is a little bigger then the Envoy--but we'll see.

huge suv--the last several years we've taken my sil's Envoy and put the back two rows down. One year we took an extra person and could only put one seat down--our third person was being buried in the back seat, but boy it was fun. This year we may take my Suburban -- it is a little bigger then the Envoy--but we'll see.

Wanted to add that I have five children to buy for, one sil has one and another also has five. So it fills up quickly!!

This year, I'm going with my brother and my sister in law. I gave them the BF bug last year, and now and they are hooked. My brother asked me if I wanted to just take one car and we could all drive together, but I said "HECK NO! What are you crazy?!" Last year I had me and one other person in my car, and it was PACKED. I can't fit two more this year, so just me in my Accord. I'll take my son's car seat out this year, and since I'm making my bro drive his own car, I'll use his for extra space. Wonder how I'll break the news to him on that? :D

I've always driven either my Honda Accord or our Grand Cherokee, but this year DH bought a new F250 4x4 with the crew cab and extended bed w/topper, so we'll be taking that (him driving...I still haven't driven it!). I anticipate that he'll let me off at the door and go park far, far away until I call him. Hopefully there are some ads that make it worthwhile to go out early!

i now for the past few years take 4 people with me and my van.. but man when i had my little saturn .. boy oh boy did a pack that car .. i even fit two bikes in there it was so packed hubby was like omg how did u get it in .. lol wish i would have taken a pic of that for saturn lol

probably taking my toyota corolla. I used to go with my mom and sis in yrs past, we were all next door neighbors. One vehicle , preferably my sis's explorer. In july DH and I moved about 20 min. away from them. The town we moved to has bigger stores :D We dont camp out usually go about 2 hrs before the store opens( usually not out for big ticket items) I think i will be taking my car and meeting them somewhere (havent finalized the details all ads arent out yet!!!) dont know if that will work, you know waiting for someone. :gdparanoid:

If we've not had much snow - I'm guessing it'll be the Grand Caravan (minivan) if we've had snow, then it's the 1976 Jeep Cherokee Wagoneer.... comes in very handy for parking in snowbanks (and exiting them) and if somebody hits me in the parking lot, she won't feel a thing.