Legos!!!

You know Taz, this summer I found a nice set of Batman Legos at my local Tuesday Mornings. It was super cheap and I could kick myself for not going on and getting it. May be worth checking out?

Thank you for this post! I think I saw a Tuesday Mornings opening up around me. Or at least a sign saying they were coming!

Thanks again!

Last year KMart had a sale on Legos; I can't recall if it was Buy one get one 1/2 off or what; I just recall it made it a better deal than I could find anywhere else AND they had some things in stock. It was probably in December. My kids love legos too.

For those interested in the Batman Lego sets, I found 2 different sets at Sams Club OL. One set was a bundle with 2 sets (a Robin set and a set that included Mr. Freeze) for around $24 and then another Lego set that was Harley Quinn and her hammer truck for around $24. In stores (if they are in stock) I have seen the Harley Quinn truck anywhere from $29.99 to $39.99 and the Robin set from $19.99 to $24.99. The set with Mr Freeze has been around $9.99 everywhere, but it is never in stock.

Hope this helps!

Shopko has frequent by1 get one half off and also Kmart, but they don't have a big selection. My son wants bionicle axalara. Last spring I bought several big sets at Walmart and Shopko real cheap. I paid 15 for a 70 dollar set and 6 for 2 20.00 sets. I give them to my son and grandson for extra presents. I'm going to go ahead and order the bionicle set at Walmart.com and if it is cheaper anywhere else . I'll return it and repurchase it.

• 4 months later...

OK, I'm a complete Lego neophyte and I'm hyperventilating over the price of the sets mentioned in this thread. They're not $15 or $30 anymore -- the Robin set is $95 at Amazon, and it's the CHEAPEST one!! They go up to $350!!!

Is this normal? Because my kid is now nuts over Lego Batman, and I can't afford these prices!

I'm really hoping this is, like, the 2008 collection that now is worth money as a collectible, but that they'll again have $30 sets during this year's 2009 collection. Please tell me this will happen!!!

OK, I'm a complete Lego neophyte and I'm hyperventilating over the price of the sets mentioned in this thread. They're not $15 or $30 anymore -- the Robin set is $95 at Amazon, and it's the CHEAPEST one!! They go up to $350!!!

Is this normal? Because my kid is now nuts over Lego Batman, and I can't afford these prices!

I'm really hoping this is, like, the 2008 collection that now is worth money as a collectible, but that they'll again have $30 sets during this year's 2009 collection. Please tell me this will happen!!!

LEGO® Ferrari F430 Challenge Car $24.99 (orig. $49.95) @ Discovery Store

Product Detail:

Official Ferrari model is customizable with optional yellow or red body panels and extra rims – all included

Racer measures over 10" (27cm) long

Open hood to see the realistic engine

Use alternate yellow body parts to build the first yellow LEGO Ferrari racer

1:17 scale model

690 pieces

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-66217.html?jzid=40587927-73-0&jzid=40588073-2-0

My son's are 12 years apart. 12 and 24. In my experience as both of them were Lego fnatics, the prices are about the same with a little inflation. I used to pay about 70 for a big castle set for my 24 year old. THis year , my son 12's big set cost me 70 at Walmart.com. It was bionicle Axalara. He loves the bionicles much more than the regular sets. I got mine about 10.00 less than in store price. I also buy from Shopko when they are b1g1. I buy them after xmas on clearance and put them up. I got my grandson an dmy son both 29.99 sets for bdays that only cost me 8.00. you just have to look for the bargains.

yes, i've seen these prices -- but not for lego batman. that stuff is *crazy* prices.

and peppysfireball -- $70 for a big castle would be absolutely fine -- but I''m talking about a couple of little boats about 5 inches long, and a couple of figurines maybe an inch tall -- $95. The big sets are $300 and up !!

will check the other recommendations; thanks!

I, too have been on the search for reasonably priced LEGO Batman sets, but they are no longer being sold by LEGO since the licensing contract ended and you can pretty much only get them on Ebay or from other private sellers on the internet hence the outrageous prices. My 4 year old son is obsessed with LEGO Batman because of the video game. Good Luck! I would stock up on LEGO Indiana Jones and Star Wars as those go on Clearance (if they go on clearance), because as soon as those contracts end, whoever gets their hands on those will be jacking up the prices when they are no longer available at the stores. I know the large LEGO Indiana Jones Kingdom of the Crystal Skull set was down to $30 at select Wal-marts, while others had it for $83. I was able to pick up the Bionicle Axalara T9 for $25. For a while, LEGO had the Twilight set for only $50, but recently went back up to $99. I'm kicking myself for not picking one up!

OH, thank you so much, CTShopper! At least now I understand the reason for the prices. I was completely freaked out, thinking that "character" Legos routinely cost this much. So in effect, they're now collectibles, not just toys anymore. Got it!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...